Arctic Breath Build, looking for critique~

All points after this would be invested into energy shield, going CI whenever it's most comfortable.

Spell Totem - Arctic Breath - LMP - Increased Crit Chance - Added Lightning Damage - Cold Pen/Faster Casting/Whichever you prefer.

Ultimately Ending in :

For Clarity: The level path starts on the left side of the tree, after picking up +40% mana regen. Makes a Beeline to Frost Walker and the +6% Cold damage that follows. After that, it heads straight for Heart of Ice, picking up the +5% spell damges along the way. Ignoring the +Energy shield for now, we head up and pick up +60% crit, then head into the Shadow tree and snag Assassination.

At this point, we turn around and start picking up all of the defensive perks we avoided. Start with Nullification(for the 4% movement speed), then Unaturally calm, and Arcane Focus.

Once you're comfortable with your ES, Start heading towards Double Totems, picking up Arcane Potency along the way. After reaching Double Totems, and you have a comfortable ES, Pick up Chaos innoculation. Finish up the rest of your points with defensive points skipped along the way.

Any comments? Reasons why this would, or wouldn't work? :D Suggestions? Problems?

Thanks for the read. :)
Última edição por Musashi951 em 9 de fev de 2013 09:51:03
Is this meant for Default league? Seems skipping the defensive nodes early on would be risky for HC.

For some reason build links will leave some stuff out for me when I open them, not sure why. At any rate, why Arctic Breath over Spear? Any reason in particular or just trying to be a unique snowflake? How did you plan to supplement your totems? Summons/traps? I also noticed no double curse which might present some issues late game.

How far into the build are you so far? How's it performing for you?
I see you skilled assassination, and the crit/multiplier nodes, i did the same thing but heard yesterday it does not work for a witch, only the nodes where there is sited"for spells".
Whelp, I mathed wrong. I just can't brain today.
Última edição por Musashi951 em 9 de fev de 2013 10:10:18
"
DonDiiablo escreveu:
I see you skilled assassination, and the crit/multiplier nodes, i did the same thing but heard yesterday it does not work for a witch, only the nodes where there is sited"for spells".

You heard wrong. If it doesn't specify weapon or spell, then crit works with everything on the passive tree.
I was thinking about making an arctic breath build.

Arctic breath is a projectile AoE spell, it hits the target and then explodes so the way I see it you're not maximizing its potential. Personaly I would run LMP, Projectile Speed, Concentrated AoE, Increased AoE and Mana Leech/Cold Penetration.

Your nodes could do with some optimizing and I would try and pick up the two bid AoE Nodes, one of the you're close too (Witch) and the other is in the Templar area - if you went to the templar area you could get more elemental damage. Also you're close to another Armour & Es 20% node.
I see you opted for the increased maximum energy shield nodes in the center of the tree. That requires 5 passives for 40% shield while you could get 44% for only 4 points straight after the chaos inoculation passive (unless ofc you plan on getting both sets eventually anyway)

Aside from that the build looks really fun. I recently found this spell myself and I think its one of the coolest looking spells in the game. I was wondering if anyone found a cool way to use it as I can not use it on my current build xD you should post a video I would love to see it in action so I don't have to make a new character just to see it pwn! :D
This thread is over 2 months old, those post-CI passives didn't exist at the time.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional