Newish to PoE, what build should I go?

Hello, I tried a few builds initially to get a feel about what I want, but I am still undecided.

Take into consideration that Im somewhat poor (I got like 1 divine orb, 1 gcp, 8 chaos orbs and some alchs) so I guess I can't pay for everything I need.

I really like daggers/claws but I don't mind ranged combat, like bows. But with bows I can't use whirling blades which I LOVE as an escape mechanism. I don't prefer spell casting like FP or shards..

Browsing the builds here they are mostly centered around daggers, I guess because their inherent crit multiplier they tend to be good, but I was wondering if someone like me (poor) can start off with a dagger LS CI build, I tried once but I wasn't doing much damage really, especially in groups.

Bows are interesting to me but they don't have any reliable escape mechs, right?

Thanks
IGN: Interloper
Hm, stack movement speed and just step away from the mobs? :)
thats my escape mechanism. lightning warp is also usefull for that.
but the best thing is: kill them before they reach you.

bow shadow is not the esiest class, may try a marauder first?
Thanks for the reply. So you think its enough to just run back, which I can understand for mobs, but what about pvp? I am quite good when it comes to multitasking, my only problem is gear dependenc since Im poor. How would you rate EK vs ele bow in terms of flexibility and pvp, since crit dagger appears to be out of the question for me at this time?
i do not want to question another guy's knowledge of the game since i am new myself (playing since december) but if i would make a bow build i would make a shadow, not ranger or marauder. he has too many awesome nodes at the start for ranged combat. yes, ranger has this 15% projectile damage node but that's it imho. as for pvp - this is entirely another type of build, you simply cannot have the same character for pvp and pve, skill gems are gonna be too different.
what you need to think of is how are you going to sustain your character, will it be ES + evasion, will it be stacked hp, or something else. also, caster shadow is awesome. shadow could be built into EK or freezing pulse quite easily.
Stepping away can also be tricky with flickering mobs. then you can still use a speed flask to move out of range and pick them one by one.
thats how i do it.

Pvp is another story of course. i have no intentions to go there and have no expirience in this game with it. cant give you any usefull hints here, sorry.

i think a ranged build is by far more easy for both pvp and pve.
as a multitasking guy lightning warps may be fun for you. its escape + AOE dps but with a short delay. so it has to be timed well.

i am a bow shadow btw :) tested every class so far in CB and im now working on my 4th shadow, lev 75 :) got iron reflexes, now stacking ES/EV. only 90% max hp so far.
Última edição por NomadFX em 18 de fev de 2013 10:16:48
"
Infiltrator escreveu:
Hello, I tried a few builds initially to get a feel about what I want, but I am still undecided.

Take into consideration that Im somewhat poor (I got like 1 divine orb, 1 gcp, 8 chaos orbs and some alchs) so I guess I can't pay for everything I need.

I really like daggers/claws but I don't mind ranged combat, like bows. But with bows I can't use whirling blades which I LOVE as an escape mechanism. I don't prefer spell casting like FP or shards..

Browsing the builds here they are mostly centered around daggers, I guess because their inherent crit multiplier they tend to be good, but I was wondering if someone like me (poor) can start off with a dagger LS CI build, I tried once but I wasn't doing much damage really, especially in groups.

Bows are interesting to me but they don't have any reliable escape mechs, right?

Thanks

You could always put a pair of daggers/claws in your secondary weapon slots with whirling blades, and press X to switch between weapon sets and use whirling.
Of course that's more difficult but it works.
Thanks for your explanations guys, I am now sure I will either go EK or Ele bow, as soon as someone could point out pvp viability for both..
ignore pvp viability dude. make a new char for that when it becomes a more serious thing
Maybe you have a point there Anvindr.

"
Heroofexile escreveu:
Stepping away can also be tricky with flickering mobs. then you can still use a speed flask to move out of range and pick them one by one.
thats how i do it.

Pvp is another story of course. i have no intentions to go there and have no expirience in this game with it. cant give you any usefull hints here, sorry.

i think a ranged build is by far more easy for both pvp and pve.
as a multitasking guy lightning warps may be fun for you. its escape + AOE dps but with a short delay. so it has to be timed well.

i am a bow shadow btw :) tested every class so far in CB and im now working on my 4th shadow, lev 75 :) got iron reflexes, now stacking ES/EV. only 90% max hp so far.

So you stack evasion but convert it to armor? I've been reading up on armor and what I've found out was that its more efficient vs white mobs but less so vs named or boss monsters..
Honestly, shadows are much better geared towards melee/caster hybrids. Bow shadows are just plain bad.

Link

This is my shadow build. It's a claw build with a claw and a spirit shield, utilizing hatred, wrath and blood rage, a lot of double-strikes, and flicker strike for mobility. It does a ton of damage and is surprisingly tanky so long as you build a strong energy shield.

Link

But if you like the whole bow thing, try this. I know it's a bit out of place in the shadow forums but it's a tanky-esque high-damage bow build that focuses entirely on physical damage, and touches both the Ranger and Duelist start locations so you can start as either. Blood Magic, Blood Drinker, Point Blank and King of the Hill allow you to "shotgun" with split arrow for ridiculous amounts of damage at semi-close range while ensuring your enemies are constantly knocked away from melee as long as you keep firing.

Iron Grip also means you get a lot out of building strength so you can use armor, since Evasion is just plain bad at higher levels - you want to either go armor or energy shield (or just grab iron reflexes).

Hope this helped.
Última edição por Necronas em 18 de fev de 2013 15:52:57

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional