MORE BLOOD

Pretty much agree with everything
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
wonder what the devs have to say about this.
Come to think of it, there IS a lack of blood all over the place:
— comming out of monsters when hit
— comming out of corpses
— in the landscape/environment

"
Degenerado escreveu:
I think that blood doesn't need a gloss effect on it. It looks like plastic, its not natural, turning it off will give more dramatic and dark atmosphere in my opinion.
yeah
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Iv actualy made a giant Mortal Combat blood impact for on hit for a microtransaction already. However the default one will get larger. Theres a particle tech thing I need to scale it up larger and ill draw a quick for you all to show why

Woo Pic time:

CAUTION!!!!: PIC MAY BLOW YOUR MIND!

The one on the left it what the blood is currently emitting like. The problem with this is the blood particles start to criss cross out the back and front of the body which looks really bad. However the one on the right has an offset as to where the particle spawns so instead of criss crossing they spawn out from the emitter. If you don't understand that then just look at the pic and you can pretty much understand what im getting at. Also the blood currently spawns when the target gets hit which we need to fix to an extent. Currently the blood can spawn off the targets fingers and flailing arms. This causes the blood particles to break apart and look really bad as they cant keep up with the speed of the moment. This will hopefully be fixed as well.

Also I do plan on adding blood splat decals that shoot back from the enemy when they die. However at the moment we dont actually have an interface for decals and that's why they are rather lacking at the moment. We can only place them down with a random rotation. I love blood but yeah missing a few tech things at the moments to make it cooler.

I cant comment on gory environments however as this has nothing to do with me. You will need to talk to Erik about that one. I totally we need a more dark gory world.

I hope that answered your questions on the effects side of things anyway. Id love to fix the blood but like normal im missing tech : (
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Russell, you just need to troll Jonathan until he upgrades the game engine for you. I know how good you are at that.
Forum Sheriff
Awesome, thanks for the info!

"
Russell escreveu:

Woo Pic time:

Best.pic.ever!

Dat smiley... Nice tooth bro!
"
Russell escreveu:
Iv actualy made a giant Mortal Combat blood impact for on hit for a microtransaction already. However the default one will get larger. Theres a particle tech thing I need to scale it up larger and ill draw a quick for you all to show why

Woo Pic time:

CAUTION!!!!: PIC MAY BLOW YOUR MIND!

The one on the left it what the blood is currently emitting like. The problem with this is the blood particles start to criss cross out the back and front of the body which looks really bad. However the one on the right has an offset as to where the particle spawns so instead of criss crossing they spawn out from the emitter. If you don't understand that then just look at the pic and you can pretty much understand what im getting at. Also the blood currently spawns when the target gets hit which we need to fix to an extent. Currently the blood can spawn off the targets fingers and flailing arms. This causes the blood particles to break apart and look really bad as they cant keep up with the speed of the moment. This will hopefully be fixed as well.

Also I do plan on adding blood splat decals that shoot back from the enemy when they die. However at the moment we dont actually have an interface for decals and that's why they are rather lacking at the moment. We can only place them down with a random rotation. I love blood but yeah missing a few tech things at the moments to make it cooler.

I cant comment on gory environments however as this has nothing to do with me. You will need to talk to Erik about that one. I totally we need a more dark gory world.

I hope that answered your questions on the effects side of things anyway. Id love to fix the blood but like normal im missing tech : (

Nice!! I will pay for it no doubt, thanks for your explanation, I love GGG for answering with this details about users problems or suggestions, really apreciate it.
Will you be adding some "bleeding" effects as well? Reading this post I was thinking maybe with Puncture or just when hit by physical hits that don't kill an enemy, it would be cool if they left a trail of blood when they move around. Especially seems fitting with Puncture and perhaps doing it on several types of hits would easily get troublesome for some players, just like the dropping bones from skeletons seemed to do if I remember what a GGG member said earlier.
I,ve just finished a prison mission in I act and I suggest to add puddles, fountains or some wall leaks but the blood should leaks (or be in constant move) or pulse from the floor, with added sound it would be hell creepy.

During fight I would change the colour of the marked opponent, its too bright and the contrast is very big comparing to blood or environment. I think that darker red , gray or 60-70% oppcity for the shape's line would give good effect.

Última edição por Degenerado em 21 de mar de 2012 13:02:55
More came to my mind; would like to see bubbling, evaporating cauldrons with cooked people lying inside, blood fountains are poured down from sculptures to rivers; therefore merged parts of water could be reddish.

Some fallens are skewered, and being cooked in campfires in front of some tents..

Edit: More body parts all over the places, rather than only one piece body lying on ground.

"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Última edição por BrecMadak em 27 de mar de 2012 05:40:01

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional