3.8| Stress Free PoE - COLD-HEARTED CURSER |Clear the Atlas w/ YOUR Items @ YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
SonsOfKorhal escreveu:
hey wrecker i'm back. haha good to see you still playing vortex. for 3.8 I decided to come back to occultist. I think there's some reason for a meta shift from trickster to occultist but actually am not sure.

with regards to leech, we only leech from the hit of vortex, not the DoT. so it's generally not worth it. get % faster start of ES and you're good in terms of ES recharge. if you really want ES REGEN, then that's where vaal disc comes in. you can get regen from boots enchant, provided you have zealot's oath. I run that with a sulphur flask and zealotry aura as well.
Hey SonsOfKorhal! Nice to have you around! Who cares about Trickster! Occultist curses hard! ;). And good post :). Nice to see you.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Everyone,

I have a question for everyone here...I'm trying to keep my titles consistent league after league but I want my builds to be as attractive as possible to as many people as possible. Whether they like the guides/builds is different ;).

Since the title of each guide is what brings each person to click on the guide, I'm curious what about this league's title (or any reason at all) made you interested in this build?

Do you have any suggestions as to what would make the title more appealing? Any specific words or themes? (Titles are limited to 100 characters...it makes it tricky.)

Thanks for your time. And thanks for all your kindness in this league.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi, just wanted to ask a few questions since I am interested in trying out this build

1) when do you decide to spec into CI?
2) what leveling skills do you use for this build do you use vortex the moment you have access to it?

Sorry if these have been covered elsewhere and I have missed it.
"
thelostshana escreveu:
Hi, just wanted to ask a few questions since I am interested in trying out this build

2) what leveling skills do you use for this build do you use vortex the moment you have access to it?

I'll let wrecker give you some insight to (1). I usually do it when I have like 2-3k ES while I'm levelling. that's just personal.

for (2), I just use freezing pulse lol. I've used freezing pulse till vortex and then swapped, I've also used freezing pulse till 65 and then swapped. depends on what gear you have. If you're newer to the game, and hence are asking such questions on levelling gems and what not, my suggestion is just change to vortex when you can, run it on a 4L, see if you are having difficulty with dps/survivability/mana. if you're able to sustain, just keep with vortex.
"
Wrecker_of_Days escreveu:
"
SonsOfKorhal escreveu:
hey wrecker i'm back. haha good to see you still playing vortex. for 3.8 I decided to come back to occultist. I think there's some reason for a meta shift from trickster to occultist but actually am not sure.

with regards to leech, we only leech from the hit of vortex, not the DoT. so it's generally not worth it. get % faster start of ES and you're good in terms of ES recharge. if you really want ES REGEN, then that's where vaal disc comes in. you can get regen from boots enchant, provided you have zealot's oath. I run that with a sulphur flask and zealotry aura as well.
Hey SonsOfKorhal! Nice to have you around! Who cares about Trickster! Occultist curses hard! ;). And good post :). Nice to see you.

haha i'm only going occultist as well as curses because I have a
for stun immunity. recovery for occultist is definitely not as smooth as trickster, but the occultist malevolence ascendancy makes the build juicy.
edit: nevermind, just saw the note
Última edição por IchiMorghulis em 11 de out de 2019 19:40:04
It's Thanksgiving in my part of the world. So thanks for your patience with some of my delayed responses.

But more importantly, I pray, whether life is great or full of pain, that you all are able to see things in your life that you are truly grateful for.

"
"
thelostshana escreveu:
Spoiler

"
SonsOfKorhal escreveu:
Spoiler
"
thelostshana escreveu:

I'll let wrecker give you some insight to (1). I usually do it when I have like 2-3k ES while I'm levelling. that's just personal.

for (2), I just use freezing pulse lol. I've used freezing pulse till vortex and then swapped, I've also used freezing pulse till 65 and then swapped. depends on what gear you have. If you're newer to the game, and hence are asking such questions on levelling gems and what not, my suggestion is just change to vortex when you can, run it on a 4L, see if you are having difficulty with dps/survivability/mana. if you're able to sustain, just keep with vortex.
Hey thelostshana. Thanks for your patience. (Thanks SonsOfKorhal.) Don't worry about repeating someone else's questions. I don't expect people to read through every thread and comment. Ask whatever you like. To answer your Questions:

1) I take CI right away; as soon as I cross it. I'm not a fan of needing to switch priorities in gear (going from life to ES). I just start going CI and start getting used to the gameplay of a CI build right away...especially since Wicked Ward is now so close to the starting point of the Witch on the tree. But I don't play Hardcore. So if you're ok with the occasional death, I find that way much more enjoyable and efficient. (Your flasks will be your saviours to get rid of burning.)

Most people disagree with my preference though. So your next safest bet is as soon as you have completed your first Ascendancy Lab and have selected Vile Bastion. CI (with flasks that get rid of Burning and Bleed isn't as scary as the community says it is.

2) I use Vortex right away. I like watching my characters progress and seeing the improvement as I level. I use Frostbolt to level. I LOVE the "eternal pierce" it has.

If you try the build out, let us all know what you think.
"
"
SonsOfKorhal escreveu:
Spoiler
haha i'm only going occultist as well as curses because I have a
for stun immunity. recovery for occultist is definitely not as smooth as trickster, but the occultist malevolence ascendancy makes the build juicy.
Hey SonsOfKorhal. That's awesome. It's hard not to build around something like that when you have it.
"
"
IchiMorghulis escreveu:
edit: nevermind, just saw the note
Hey IchiMorghulis. I didn't see what you originally wrote but I'm happy to help ;). Ask anything you like.

Annnnnd

Trying out this build because got a bit bored of minions. What about Energy Leech support gem? It gives damage boost along with leech, so it could replace that mana leech gem once we get enough ML from the tree. Opinions?
"
mitbanomen escreveu:
Trying out this build because got a bit bored of minions. What about Energy Leech support gem? It gives damage boost along with leech, so it could replace that mana leech gem once we get enough ML from the tree. Opinions?
Hey mitbanomen,

Welcome to the CI side ;). Leech for any type of "life" is always based on hits. I focused this build's damage on the DoT of Vortex. Inadvertently, the Hit of Vortex will do good damage, but not as much as someone who would have focused on the hit portion of the skill specifically.

Vortex has a cooldown of 1 second once it's levelled up. ES Leech really shines wtih skills that hit lots and often. ES would do well here when you cast Vortex in the middle of a mob. It'd be less effective in boss battles.

Try it out if you like. It may be great in Delve to come to think of it. I don't find survivability an issue with this build, but that could send it over the top too!

Good question and thanks for the post!

Annnnnd

Thanks so much for all of your build guides I think I am using 90% of them for various toons that I am playing. Trying this vortex build now. I am only level 18 or so on this build and looking forward to gaining a few more levels and hit that sweet sweet vortex swirl. I appreciate all the time an effort you put into the builds for a new player really makes things easy to jump in and play. Well done and Cheers!!!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional