Orb of Chance Community Log

When I was initially testing the 0.9.10f values, I got these results (on a ring that could be unique):

Magic: 30
Rare: 9
Unique: 1

Those results are actually higher than the expected results. The rares were close enough that it was not too unlikely. The unique was pretty lucky.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Although I'm not going to comment on the unique rates, from memory the chance of converting to a rare should be something like 1 in 5.4. These results seem a little higher so far?
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
MonopolyLegend escreveu:
On a somewhat related note, do increased rarity modifiers on a character affect Orbs of Chance in any way?

EDIT: You don't have to answer this one, but I'm curious, so I thought I'd ask: developers seem to like keeping these sorts of things (such as chances to obtain a unique) a secret. What's the reason for this, if you don't mind mind my asking?

Character rarity bonuses don't affect Orb of Chance rolls - they can be done on any character.

We withhold certain information like the unique rate because we change it often and don't want players feeling entitled to rolling uniques. If you know the chance of something is 1 in 10, you're going to be very angry after spending 30 Orbs and failing (due to bad luck).

Edit: it's not 1 in 10.
Última edição por Chris em 25 de jun de 2012 17:29:10

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional