Season Two, Event 92: 90 Min Fixed Seed Solo

This is a Fixed Seed event. All instances of a given area will have the same area layout, for all players. Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed.

Race Events 89 to 94, and Race Event 96, will all have the same seed. That is, the instance area layouts will be same across all these races.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about Race Season Two, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 29: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 25-28: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 24: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 22-23: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 20-21: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 14-19: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 7-13: 1 Reward Point

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:

• Alternate Art Karui Ward Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Shiversting Unique Item (10 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Quill Rain Unique Item (3 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Onyx Amulet Item (2 available to be won)

"
Qarl escreveu:
This is a Fixed Seed event. [...] Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed.

Since there were three Fixed Seed races today and all of them didn't work as intended, all new racers should know:

The map isn't "automatically fully revealed". You have to manually reveal it first. Then, when you reset the instance or play with another character in another race, you see the map uncovered. But even then you don't see it fully uncovered, you just see the areas you have explored before.

So if you didn't participate in a Fixed Seed race yet, you have to play like in a normal race. In the race after that, you will see your explored areas from the beginning.
Just a suggestion here. Don't know how the racepoint distribution is working out but 3 points for level 14 to 19 for me at least provides little incentive to race on once the three points are secured at level 14. If an extra point per level was set i would have something to work on.
As it is it's too much of a game changer to try for level 20 for one more point. I barely get to twelve on normal one hour races on average and the last 90 minute i got level 15 with three minutes to spare. Anyone else see this ?
wtf!! i cant join? i dont see it!!
"
CaoMengde escreveu:
wtf!! i cant join? i dont see it!!

It's normal : the registrations open only 30 min before the race start. And the race will start in about 50 minutes. That means you will be able to create your char in about 20 min
odd. on this website it says right now "registration open" ..
and
"started 13 mins ago"
"
Khy escreveu:
"
Qarl escreveu:
This is a Fixed Seed event. [...] Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed.

So if you didn't participate in a Fixed Seed race yet, you have to play like in a normal race. In the race after that, you will see your explored areas from the beginning.

This is the part that kills me and pretty much kills it entirely for everyone who works.

People who have played the "seed" before will have a substantial lead over those who worked all day and now the 5pm est is the first.

after the first one (ever) of this type of race played every other race like this of the same type is useless unless you have woken up at 3am to reveal maps.

Do me a favor and delete this shitty descriptive race to, "If you have not raced this yet, do not bother" or "not fully revealed unless you have played in them all"
Última edição por GoL_Fusa em 9 de mai de 2013 17:12:52
Sorry but the "Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed." is a total lie!

The only thing you do is that new instance resets result in the same map--->The mapseed is saved at the same adress so the free reveal is a given how revealing the maps works!

"Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed." means you iterate every tile of the minimap and reveal it! Meaning you add a packet that sends a hash to the client on special races and if the hash correspons with the maphash you reveal the map.

Either reword it or make it work so the wording is correct.
Well tried something other than witch for the first time. Failed in first 15 minutes but started doing okay after that. I probably will be doing shadow pretty often now.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
"
Khy escreveu:
"
Qarl escreveu:

Since there were three Fixed Seed races today and all of them didn't work as intended, all new racers should know:

The map isn't "automatically fully revealed". You have to manually reveal it first. Then, when you reset the instance or play with another character in another race, you see the map uncovered. But even then you don't see it fully uncovered, you just see the areas you have explored before.

you should really stop with this. You're not a Dev, you don't know which way they wanted the race to be.
IGN: HChawk

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional