Ranger - How to make a viable build

Welcome! Thanks for joining me here today, I'll be your instructor, Rabbit. Please hold your questions until the end of the presentation, thank you.

Now, let's get started. Why are we here today? That's simple, we want to create a passive tree build with a Ranger!

First off, there are several things to keep in mind:
  • You get 1 passive skill point every time you level.
    • Currently, game content spans levels 1-60.
      • The recently announced end-game includes content up to level 70.
    • This means you can reasonably expect to reach level 70, but you need to be end-game ready by level 60.
  • You get 1 passive skill point for 2 different quests during each difficulty, you also have an option during one quest to get Life, Mana, Resistance, or an additional passive skill point.
  • This means that your character should be end-game ready by the time they have 71 skill points (59 level ups, and 12 quest points)
  • You will never reach level 100, so creating a build utilizing all 111 points that the online tool allows you is inappropriate.

The current end-game of Path of Exile is hard. There are many monsters that will hit you at least once. Thus, it is your best interest to design a character that is capable of surviving one or more hits!

Another thing to keep in mind is the method that the game calculates your damage. Without getting too much into the details, if an item, passive, or ability has the keyword "Increases" consider it adding to your damage multiplier. If the keyword is "More" consider it to multiply your existing damage.

Everyone loves bullet points!
DO:
  • +Do increase your offense and defense!
  • +Do spread out your offensive points between physical damage, elemental damage, and attack speed!
  • +Do pick up accuracy so that you can actually hit things! (Spells have 100% chance to hit! No need for accuracy there!)
  • +Do make a balanced build utilizing only 60-70 points!
  • +Do look for synergies between skills!
  • +Do post your build using [ url] tags! An unclickable build is a bad build :(

DON'T:
  • -Don't go purely into offense or defense!
  • -Don't stack purely into one statistic!
  • -Don't post a build using all 111 points!
  • -Don't forget that skills cost mana, have a plan!

Now, let's get into the specifics, shall we?

The ranger is an excellent starting point for players that want a fast character. The ranger starts near several attack speed and movement speed nodes.

Generally a ranger would do best wearing dexterity armour, and picking up passive skills that boost evasion. Several shield nodes are nearby, as well as the Iron Reflexes keystone.

Here are some example Ranger builds:
shredR's crit/ele/ir ranger

I'll now open up the floor to questions...

Yes, you, back there, go ahead....
TehHammer is not a crime!
Última edição por TheRabbit303 em 28 de jun de 2012 18:20:58
Here's one I just made up after reading your post, any feedback would be great, feel free to use it as you wish :)

shredR's Crit/Ele/IR Ranger

shredR's crit/ele/ir ranger

Stat Overview:
Dex: +290
Str: +24
Int: +24
Crit Chance: +190%
Crit Multiplier: +80%
Max Hp: +70%
Additional Frenzy Charges: +2
Frenzy Buffs: 4% evasion per frenzy charge, +18s to duration
Elemental Damage: +60%
Increased Attack Speed: +17%
Accuracy Rating: +27%
Projectile Damage: +27%
Evasion Rating: +82%
Adds Iron Reflex passive
IGN: shredR
Última edição por shredR em 27 de jun de 2012 22:00:53
I like it, I stuck it in the original post.
TehHammer is not a crime!
what is the best type of gear right now im using energy shield/evasion is this wise (going for elmental/crit) bow
Nice thread, I'll add my build here for people to have a look through.

IG/IR with Frenzy & Split Arrow

Statistics
114 Str
280 Dex
24 INT

+64% Increased Health

+42% (+62%) Evasion (+4% for each frenzy charge, max +20%)

+51% Increased Projectile Damage
+53% Increased Physical Damage

+31% (+56%) Increased Attack Speed (+5% for each Frenzy Charge, max +25%)

+135% Increased Critical Strike Chance
+10% Increased Critical Damage
+90% Increased Critical Damage Multiplier

+84% Increased Accuracy

+2 Frenzy Charges
+18% Increased Frenzy Duration
+4% Increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge

Iron Reflexes - Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Iron Grip - Allows STR bonus to melee to also apply to ranged weapons (Every +10 Strength = +2% Physical damage)
35% Chance of Arrows piercing (Stacks with Pierce gem)

You can Sacrafice 11% attack speed for 11% movement speed, there are also some movement speed nodes north of the ranger starting position and another batch close to Iron Grip.

-------------

I used Lightning Arrow and Poison Arrow for leveling this build until late 50's. Remember that with Iron Grip you are going to have +2% physical damage for each 10 str your character has, this syncs well with the +health passives as well. This means a Heavy Belt is superior over the one that provides +5% damage. It also makes Onyx Amulets fairly worthwhile since you'll also maybe be thinking about getting a little bit of INT for gems.

The idea is to use Frenzy to get your charges up and maintain them and then use Split Arrow to actually deal damage. You can stack Pierce gems with your passive as well. Split Arrow allows you a little bit more flexibility with mana management due to not needing Multiple Projectiles added onto it.

At a minimum with regards to Aura's I would strongly recommend you run Hatred with this build. The rest will be down to your mana management and will probably depend on how much mana you can leech from hits and kills.
Última edição por Korgath em 3 de jul de 2012 01:22:34
"
seanmk2 escreveu:
what is the best type of gear right now im using energy shield/evasion is this wise (going for elmental/crit) bow

I've not done any testing myself but from what I have seen others say it would appear that going with a hybrid form of reduction (ES + Armor for example) seems to fall behind quite a lot when compared to sticking with one source of reduction.
"
Korgath escreveu:
"
seanmk2 escreveu:

I've not done any testing myself but from what I have seen others say it would appear that going with a hybrid form of reduction (ES + Armor for example) seems to fall behind quite a lot when compared to sticking with one source of reduction.

i tried going all evasion but it seems that evasion doesnt work with spells as it has a 100% hit rate so melee is all fine and dandy but a caster just hammers me in like 3-4 hits
Última edição por seanmk2 em 3 de jul de 2012 09:25:51
"
seanmk2 escreveu:
"
Korgath escreveu:
"
seanmk2 escreveu:

i tried going all evasion but it seems that evasion doesnt work with spells as it has a 100% hit rate so melee is all fine and dandy but a caster just hammers me in like 3-4 hits

There's some keystones for dodging projectiles and spells specifically.
Hello everyone, I'm new to this game and thus I would like some input on the build I made. I will be using a dual wield claw.

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIABsBEzwjbctcNkMhmDfBgBREO6MsUUvkIGbN3mR1uqOIlIQk3Jl461SaC0FMsLtGHLNfCCy_x_e8zgUS2M_37Hzbg-NA7kMhkPgArXkIlWQtExjLpSFn880kaF39Jth9tVtJialkjwa1asQ7DXrL43F-buYhf_GCZYJWG8WDw1q1kplC0aC6RDGmFbNxqIuu8byUUr3BSuRhxhCkcd6uiHHvC0LbII_RgwIiSye_wJmfjo2e_7fZ5Fu8eEl-kmE3i4CAnKc_P94DHP9CkrVqs6-wIgTz_c6fzxdtVQoDNN9Dr1FWtwhGIcP210yz1pBq3-PsgyJiq2n_eoK9NjCqIdpY6prTgwRcg6EB07bCmEey_UjmuqBRw8bIhSHo=

Is it any good? I'm still struggling to fit into the game since there are so many points to be used in the skill tree.
Última edição por lx585x em 4 de jul de 2012 05:39:32
Hello :)

New here too, I'm level 24. I would like to test a build based on the crit chance.

You could see it here

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIAAdeaTgbARM8IZMAaCNty1w3wYAUOlXR-EmgPxxSDK5MVhfBlFhQcThbNI5QZs3eZIdovZSUhCTcs18ILM_37H0G8slpJGhd_SxL6qVBxIGJWUTNzV2_cPlmlnqRcpBxCXUd2R17EhHFfm7mIY4oXz2Py96NsNBZSbQcS-W4QkKJvjY0zdDPLFnYoE899WvdMfZ4WJuAgJynEQxDJuKQlXan-59DsKqqv2RJiDeWy35q4q73s0Syxp82oYW-ZeKIJ8YdWBat4cRzHP9CkjCqIdpY6prTgwRcg6EB07bCmEeyjgYMT_vx_DreOw0HMO78lin9fUMcUSwPb_fX-5OiDI4eeSQeLvwrfqQp_PJecw4nK3NwZv1I5rg==

But I'm wondering if at endgame (lvl 60+) I will find best crit chance on items. Because a bow has 5% at the beginning. With all the critical passives improved, I think we could have 23/24% Crit. This style of build could be nice if we can have 34/35% crit chance.

Thank you for your answers :)

Fox

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional