Cyclone/Multistrike is amazing ( oh, but the desync)

"
BrianWeissman escreveu:
Cyclone is without a doubt, my favorite skill in all of Path of Exile. I spent countless hours whirling merrily around Act 4 in Classic D2, so the skill evokes powerful nostalgia. On top of that, it's a seriously underrated skill, especially with the buffs to melee survivability.

I have a level 80 1-handed Axe-using Cyclone Duelist who absolutely destroys end game content. My gear isn't even all that amazing: 65ish resists, 3500 life, 3500 armor. But my damage is so high that mobs just disentegrate, and the insane attack speed of my Cyclone keeps me at full life and mana pretty much constantly.

If you haven't tried it recently, Cyclone is worth a second look. It should not be dismissed.

Brian, I'd really like to understand how you destroy end game content with those stats as a melee character? I'm not trying to troll here, I'm just wondering what I'm missing. As far as I've experienced, you can easily get one shot with those stats. I guess if you're playing Standard or Anarchy, that's fine... but if you're not into dying, I don't see how melee is viable at end-game.
"
skyelar escreveu:
"
BrianWeissman escreveu:
Cyclone is without a doubt, my favorite skill in all of Path of Exile. I spent countless hours whirling merrily around Act 4 in Classic D2, so the skill evokes powerful nostalgia. On top of that, it's a seriously underrated skill, especially with the buffs to melee survivability.

I have a level 80 1-handed Axe-using Cyclone Duelist who absolutely destroys end game content. My gear isn't even all that amazing: 65ish resists, 3500 life, 3500 armor. But my damage is so high that mobs just disentegrate, and the insane attack speed of my Cyclone keeps me at full life and mana pretty much constantly.

If you haven't tried it recently, Cyclone is worth a second look. It should not be dismissed.

Brian, I'd really like to understand how you destroy end game content with those stats as a melee character? I'm not trying to troll here, I'm just wondering what I'm missing. As far as I've experienced, you can easily get one shot with those stats. I guess if you're playing Standard or Anarchy, that's fine... but if you're not into dying, I don't see how melee is viable at end-game.

6 person group play maybe? For me multistrike is nice but to uncontrolable for and serious gameplay.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
Multistrike is amazing indeed, but once you try with movement skills like cyclone, flicker strike and leap slam it turns into MUlTIDESYNC support gem.
I got bored waiting for The Last of Us to download on my ps3, so I decided to try out cyclone on my 1H/shield IB mara running lunaris 2/3/piety.

It actually seemed like I killed faster using cyclone than I do with IB.

I was desyncing a lot, but that's been happening today, probably because I'm downloading a 27gb game at the moment. Using cyclone is kind of fun.

Gear:
Spoiler

Not sure how it would do in 70+ maps.
Giving up on the Multistrike/Cyclone combo... Super powerful and so easy to clear maps that it should be a build for beginners, but the desync is just too much. I will come back to it after servers are more reliable. It is stil a viable option for leveling. No real problems until about merc act 2. Just really sad because it was so damn destructive and such a blast.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
"
Not sure how it would do in 70+ maps

My Mara cyclone without Multistrike is doing very well in endgame
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
I have a lvl 62 duelist using multi/cyclone with 2 handed swords. Desyncs like he'll, but is really fun. Multi helps mitigate the blood magic cost by giving you three runs per cast.

I had Vaal Pact for a while, and when desync isn't such a huge factor I will go back to it. For now being able to use a health flask is a life saver.

One thing, if you turn on the new life bars over monsters, you can almost instantly tell wen you're out of sync because the bars only appear when a monster takes damage. If you whirl into a group and no life bars show up, you know you've desynced and can /oos before you get past the point of no return. I highly recommend it if you haven't turned them on yet.
IGN EntropicThunder
Última edição por Hulkcore em 20 de jun de 2013 21:25:03
"
One thing, if you turn on the new lire bars over monsters, you can almost instantly tell wen you're out of sync because the bars only appear when a monster takes damage. If you whirl into a group and no life bars show up, you know you've desynced and can /oos before you get past the point of no return. I highly recommend it if you haven't turned them on yet.

Yeah I noticed that too, but it just drives me crazy. I am into this incredible groove in a mob to mob Multistrike madhouse and then, "hey what happened? Why is everyone standing around and where's the strike sounds and wtf, what's happening to my health globe" but up until that the ride is nice and smooth like a Cadillac.
"
BrianWeissman escreveu:

I seriously think that the tool tip dps for cyclone is incorrect. Mine says 6.3k, but it feels much much higher. I shred right through packs like butter.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
I know same here
desync a lot
but without Multistrike is slower and has not enough power in 6 char group
but not so much desync
same is about the Life on hits.

I use resolute technique but looks like i hit 2 or 3 times but mops all around and doesnt take damage
i got attackspeed of 7 or 8 hits in a sec. Multistrike out everytime Hit.

same in life on hit
why its so slow lvl.18 life gain on hit show 42 LpH but with multistrike/cyclone even without multistrike gain 18 or 26 on Hit?????
k now i use life leech witout Bloodmagic.
But with Dsync not su much like with Multistrike or Mellee splash but i hit
plz Fix.

The one and only thing is better in D3 Sync/Performence works.

Act. Build (5L Chest)
Cayclone + Fire Damage + Melle Phsical Damage + Life Leech + Quantity

Old. Build (5Lchest)
Cayclone + Multistrike + Mellee Phsical Damage + Melee Splash + Life on Hit

plz any body show me a Youtube Video without desync and say it never happens try that build in 6char Group
Duellist Lvl 79 softcore
ps:But hope never die
Última edição por EL737 em 20 de jun de 2013 21:54:39

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional