HOW TO: OPTIMIZE for smooth graphics and loading times (even if you got an SSD!)

Expecting people to jump through these hoops instead of optimizing your game like you're supposed to is pretty disgusting. People should not have to do this.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
Did all of this and got 0% performance increase. Loading the menu still takes like 2 minutes long.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
"
Bhaya escreveu:
That's all fine and dandy, but why PoE loading time is so long even when run from SSD, in the first place? Perhaps, the game itself is not optimized properly? Battlefield 3 which is much more complex and demanding game loads faster than PoE. Something is not right here...

First time loading takes up to 1 min. I have i5-2500 CPU, GT580, 8GB RAM, run PoE from SSD and still it takes awfully long time to load it. Could somebody tell me, please, what is the reason for this?

I have wondered the exact same thing. Why does Battlefield 3 run better and load better than POE? It's ridiculous. I would download the stuff in this thread, but i like to keep as few programs on my computer as possible. More programs do nothing but slow the computer down.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
"
billyoatmeal escreveu:
"
Bhaya escreveu:
That's all fine and dandy, but why PoE loading time is so long even when run from SSD, in the first place? Perhaps, the game itself is not optimized properly? Battlefield 3 which is much more complex and demanding game loads faster than PoE. Something is not right here...

First time loading takes up to 1 min. I have i5-2500 CPU, GT580, 8GB RAM, run PoE from SSD and still it takes awfully long time to load it. Could somebody tell me, please, what is the reason for this?

I have wondered the exact same thing. Why does Battlefield 3 run better and load better than POE? It's ridiculous. I would download the stuff in this thread, but i like to keep as few programs on my computer as possible. More programs do nothing but slow the computer down.

Because EA has a much bigger dev team and a much more refined engine which has been improved over many years. Compare that to this Indie F2P game and suddenly the small quirks is not so weird ;-)
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
"
Alternalo escreveu:
Did all of this and got 0% performance increase. Loading the menu still takes like 2 minutes long.

I am sorry to hear that but thank you for reporting. It show that this thread's topic is not useful at all, and only increasing the risk of something going wrong for an inexperienced PC user by creating the illusion that following these steps will improve the game's experience.

"
Angryweasel escreveu:
Because EA has a much bigger dev team and a much more refined engine which has been improved over many years. Compare that to this Indie F2P game and suddenly the small quirks is not so weird ;-)

Yes, it seems that it is the only answer. :-) PoE's engine must be old fashioned and unoptimized. I am curious whether it is at all possible to update or upgrade it to something modern in the future or PoE's players are destined to use it for, let's say next 10 years, in case if GGG will make on this game a lot of money? In the world of multi-cores, a game working on just one core is a historical fossil.
Última edição por Bhaya em 22 de jun de 2013 01:59:32
I can't seem to find a way format the RAMdisk added driver in my Windows 7 management console...

I only have the options to update drivers via Windows Update, turn off or uninstall the disk!
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Did all this, had no mistakes or error messages, but the Performance I got after the Tutorial is worse than before. Loading time increased from somewhere between 40 and 60 seconds to over 2 minutes, ingame lags increased from some occasional lags now and then to constant lags up to 4 seconds. The game is now unplayable for me! Gonna uninstall all the components and hope that I do not have to format my PC.

Please consider carefully, if you really need the improvement and if its worth the risk for you!
"
Jiaozy escreveu:
I can't seem to find a way format the RAMdisk added driver in my Windows 7 management console...

I only have the options to update drivers via Windows Update, turn off or uninstall the disk!

- Once you have set what you see in the above pic go back to the Settings tab and hit Start RAMDisk
- Wait while it loads the driver.
- Then you need to mount the drive and format it.
- Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management
- Here you should now be greeted with a prompt that you have a new drive.
- Mount the drive and quick format it NTFS or FAT32, give the name RamDrive and assign letter R.
- Once the drive is formatted navigate to My Computer, you should now see the RamDrive.
See my stats: http://poestatistics.com/users/wiraqucha/
Seems not updated for whatever reason: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=265406
Discontinued profile: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=40468
"
xeredar escreveu:
Did all this, had no mistakes or error messages, but the Performance I got after the Tutorial is worse than before. Loading time increased from somewhere between 40 and 60 seconds to over 2 minutes, ingame lags increased from some occasional lags now and then to constant lags up to 4 seconds.

Note: Shutdown should take a little longer than normal, this is due to the image of data on the RamDisk being written to the SSD/HDD drive. On boot the machine should also take a few seconds longer than normal, this is due to the Ramdisk being formatted then the image that was written to the SSD is mounted on the RamDisk.

Furthermore:
Would you care to post your PC setup?
Tested this on a Sony Vaio Dualcore with 3GB RAM and improvement is palpable overall in Windows 7 32bit.
Might be better for you to use the minimum settings in FancyCache as described if your machine lacks GB's of RAM and is slow overall in GHz. (like Athlon Single Core with 2/3 GB of DDR2 Ram)
See my stats: http://poestatistics.com/users/wiraqucha/
Seems not updated for whatever reason: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=265406
Discontinued profile: http://exilestats.com/account.php?id=40468
Última edição por Wiraqucha em 22 de jun de 2013 06:33:54
"
Barry escreveu:
Expecting people

Welcome to beta testing! :)

We're not expecting anyone to do any of this, it's merely an option for people who wish to give it a try and Sarkoth has offered help to those that do.
This won't fix every single problem for every single person, but for some it may help.

"
Bhaya escreveu:

I am sorry to hear that but thank you for reporting. It show that this thread's topic is not useful at all

I'm sorry, but this thread isn't a magical "fix all your problems and get 500fps" thread.
Comments like yours are not useful at all, as you've asked nothing and helped no one.

Please keeps the comments in this thread about OP's post.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional