Sick HardCore Ranger Build

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usQAP_sjJc4&feature=plcp

Great Ranger build for RACE EVENTS!!

goodjob Zyx
Última edição por 2i0 em 7 de ago de 2012 19:51:57
Thanks man! :)
I always thought the future depended on the choices you made.
Thanks for the answer.
"
Zyx escreveu:

Hey Zyx, can I get some DPS figures that your Poison Arrow is dealing?

Currently my Poison Arrow is stacked with Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Pierce, and Faster Attack, (Haven't been able to get Increased Duration) and I rely on the actual damage of the Poison Arrow arrow to stack up chaos damage. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on this.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Islidox escreveu:
"
Zyx escreveu:

Hey Zyx, can I get some DPS figures that your Poison Arrow is dealing?

Currently my Poison Arrow is stacked with Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Pierce, and Faster Attack, (Haven't been able to get Increased Duration) and I rely on the actual damage of the Poison Arrow arrow to stack up chaos damage. I was wondering if I could get your thoughts on this.

Hey there Islidox! Lets see if I can try and answer some of your questions ^_^

First off, the straight up damage that my PA shoots out is 316.5, however this is because I have decided to change up my support system a bit (it's a secret atm :3) but my old DPS was around 360 with the old set-up.

Try and pick up a increased duration gem as soon as you can. Also, you can not 'stack' chaos damage or damage over time. Basically how it works is that you shoot it once and the de-buff (which is considered the DoT) is applied as soon as a monster steps into the radius of the cloud.

The de-buff of PA increases with each level, and at around level 12 it is high enough to be able to just shoot it once at a mob in Fellshrine and ditch them and go off to another mob because they will eventually die over time. Right now my PA is at level 17-18 and it is shooting out 340 chaos damage a second, so it is enough to shoot on the ground once, kite mobs through it and proceed to the next big group while the old group dies.

However if your PA is not a high enough level to one shoot mobs (IE less than level 12) then yes you will need to increase the damage it deals on the actual arrow and not rely on the DoT. The support gems you have at the moment are good, but I suggest maybe getting a 'chance to ignite' support gem on there instead of a pierce (different colors I know, but a few chromatics can change that!)

If that didn't answer your question entirely feel free to post again :)
Just to throw up some figures:

Spoiler

I'm not sure if you're saying "316.5" DPS on the chaos damage dealt upon DoT in area or the total chaos damage (arrow chaos damage + area chaos damage). I think you'd be referring to the former.

And yes, holy cow Increased Duration really kicks ass. I don't have to spam Poison Arrow multiple times to achieve the same effects. Shoot once or twice and kite away. I also added Added Chaos damage to the sockets, so the current gem setup is this: Poison Arrow (lvl 16 atm) + LMP + Added Chaos Damage + Increased Duration.

And the best part is that the mana consumpution hasn't increased, leaving it at a steady 43 mana used per shot.
Última edição por Islidox em 9 de ago de 2012 09:16:17
Okay so the 1.2k DPS you see there is actual DPS the arrow does upon hitting a target. The DoT of PA is that 294.3 Chaos Damage per second you see there and there is no actual way to increase that number except a few passives that can be found on the skill tree.

So basically, my personal #'s are where you have 1.2k DPS, I have 350 DPS and my DoT (where yours is 294.3 chaos damage per second) mine is 340 chaos damage per second.

I might just not be understanding the question at this point heh ^_^

And yes Increased Duration is quite awesome :D Glad you enjoy it!

I've actually now bought a few regrets and decided to pick up Blood Magic and switched my support gems on PA to Chance to Ignite, Elemental Proliferation, Greater Multiple Projectiles, and Increased Duration. It's actually doing really really well, and mobs are dying much faster. But it's too soon to tell whether the build is better than the original one. The gem set-up i'm pretty sure is. But i'll let you all know in a few days when I'm done testing it :).
Última edição por Zyx em 9 de ago de 2012 09:53:09
Cool video write up.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what you can accomplish with poison arrow though. It can be super simple yet super effective. I really should make a vid for comparison. I should have done it back when we had MoC available though.
"
SEOINAGE escreveu:
Cool video write up.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what you can accomplish with poison arrow though. It can be super simple yet super effective. I really should make a vid for comparison. I should have done it back when we had MoC available though.

I'd actually enjoy if you sent me a PM with all the information that you mean. I won't steal the build or anything, I would just like to see some deeper insight into what the build could potentionally become in the hands of a much more experienced player. ^_^
"
Zyx escreveu:
Okay so the 1.2k DPS you see there is actual DPS the arrow does upon hitting a target. The DoT of PA is that 294.3 Chaos Damage per second you see there and there is no actual way to increase that number except a few passives that can be found on the skill tree.

So basically, my personal #'s are where you have 1.2k DPS, I have 350 DPS and my DoT (where yours is 294.3 chaos damage per second) mine is 340 chaos damage per second.

I might just not be understanding the question at this point heh ^_^

And yes Increased Duration is quite awesome :D Glad you enjoy it!

I've actually now bought a few regrets and decided to pick up Blood Magic and switched my support gems on PA to Chance to Ignite, Elemental Proliferation, Greater Multiple Projectiles, and Increased Duration. It's actually doing really really well, and mobs are dying much faster. But it's too soon to tell whether the build is better than the original one. The gem set-up i'm pretty sure is. But i'll let you all know in a few days when I'm done testing it :).

You've answered most of my questions, thanks. :)

I'm just not sure at this point how to increased the PA's DoT damage. How you got yours to 340/sec is quite baffling, but it might have to do with with that little trio of Increased Buff Duration passives so conveniently placed near that massive circle of life nodes in the center area.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional