Season Three, Event 15: Descent

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Stride at season end.

Signature Events this season will be a new type of league called Descent, you are able to find out information regarding this new league type at this page.

For information about Race Season Three, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 25: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 22-24: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 19-21: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 16-18: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 13-15: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 10-12: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 7-9: 1 Reward Point

Due to Descent being a new league type, these values are subject to change during the early phases of season three.
Última edição por GGG_Neon em 28 de jun de 2013 00:00:27
How is there people registered for this already
...narf
Restriction is based on the local time of your machine, so if it's wrong (unintentionally or not), you get the unfair advantage of laying with your face in mud early :)
The times for these Descent races are absolutely horrible. I really want to play as many of them as I can but 5am, 12pm, 4pm, these times suck if you work and have a life. Why can't we get dedicated times for these races and have them run multiple times a day? This 12pm race is now half way over and there is no point in me jumping on now, so I have to wait until 4pm tomorrow which, oh wait, I'm at work. So I'll only be able to catch the 10pm races which happen like what, once a week? I think the planning on these races were very poor.

*frustrated*
Descennt races were the most retarded idea I ever saw.

They are so unbalanced it is unbeliveable

Nice of you to give multiple classes cold damage spells when most of the mobs are cold res...
Do you guys even test?
Seriously you should see something is fucked up when everyone takes duelist specifically becuase they GET CLEAVE
Welp, died in Frozen Abyss. Thank you GGG for making survival in that area RNG-based. If you're unlucky, you'll get permafrozen and die and there's nothing you can do about it. On top of the enemies that spawn infinite amounts of exploding minions that deal about 40% of your life each. I knew it would happen eventually. My other characters narrowly avoided death by permafreeze. Dying to permafreeze as a result of not having the RNG luck to get a flask of thawing or cold resist gear is no better than dying to desync; it's just as out of my control as desync is.

Speaking of desync, it's in full effect during the races. I got Shock Nova and couldn't hit shit with it because despite being right in the hit effect, half the enemies didn't take damage. In fact, I died trying to use it on some enemies that, if the if it hit, would have been stunned by the hit and probably wouldn't have killed me.

If GGG was going for a race where people don't skip content and RNG isn't a huge factor, then they've failed. It shouldn't come as a surprise that if we need resists to survive and we can only get them through random drops, then the race is going to be RNG-based. The Simian area features resist rings in an end chest. Take that and exchange it with the chest that gives 2 Alchemy Orbs. And consider ditching the Cruel and Merciless resist penalties. They're arbitrary, and it's not like anybody is going to be close to capping resists at level 11.

Edit: And another thing: It would be great to see these races run a little differently. At the beginning of each day, you create one or more Descent leagues that last the entire day. Players can then create a single character per league and do the hour-long Descent run on their own schedule. Once it reaches midnight, the ladders are locked and point rewards are given to the racers.

... I just realized the problem with doing this: People can create a bunch of alt accounts and get in a lot of runs per day, which will allow them to get many copies of each race unique.

Edit: Woops, there's more. Ditch this stupid alluring/curious chest system. I'm not sure why anybody thought this was a good idea. Replace them with a stash that you can access that only allows you to withdraw a certain number of items.

"But the chests promote community interaction!" Yeah, for the first time somebody ever opens a specific chest, but then it gets written down. After that point, all it does is force everybody to have a wiki open in the background to reference in order to avoid accidentally gimping themselves. It's stupid.

Edit: I've decided not to bother with any more descent races until balance isn't so completely screwed. So I've uninstalled the game. Nothing else is worth playing, and I don't really have a lot of hope that things will get better.
Última edição por StarlightGamer em 1 de jul de 2013 16:23:51

Nice drop from like the 5th monster. Bad luck after that :( no quiver for a ranger till Merveil level, and there i ran past her... Into a dead end with increased phys water elemental thing :(
5th overall then BUMM discharge with 2charges oneshotted me plx buffs this mobs way to less dmg got 450hp btw

E: 1 single champ with cannot be stunned no extradmg ty
Última edição por DjLaimx em 1 de jul de 2013 13:49:05
Bahahaha permafroze and died at only level 10 after 45 minutes, face palmed so hard at the sapphire ring in my inventory. Some day I'll be less of a noob haha. Was a good time though!
Died again with Shadow at lvl 8. Area with statues is almost imposible to run through, and killing them all also is rather difficult you know. I ran through it, and ended at Frozen Abyss with my flasks completely empty and "happily" died.
Really bad ballance, in the first my descent I got pretty good rng and easily made it to 15.5, and now - 1 or 2 rares (one of them was bow, hellyeah) and that's all. No uniques or some decent drops in 3 descents in a row.(
Look at the statistics - 36+% are duelists, and shadow+witch barely make 20% together.

You should make something with balance, GGG. Not only with classes, but instances too.
Última edição por Sumroach em 1 de jul de 2013 13:53:08

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional