Season Three, Event 68: 2 Hour Turbo Party

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about Race Season Three, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 31: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 28-30: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 24-27: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 20-23: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 16-19: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 12-15: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 6-11: 1 Reward Point

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:

• Alternate Art Blackheart Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Sin Trek Unique Item (10 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Shavronne's Pace Unique Item (5 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Leather Belt (1 available to be won)
Probably the only chance for US Easters with 8-5 jobs to race until Saturday. :-(
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
OldeSchool escreveu:
Probably the only chance for US Easters with 8-5 jobs to race until Saturday. :-(
Or Midwesterners (central time).

I understand the idea not to have too much conflict with the week long races, but I don't favor it and I think it's a little disenfranchising. But maybe that's because I only race casually and can't invest in a week race. You know, cause I have a job and family and all.

I think a better way would be for GGG to make the week long prizes even better than they are and keep a normal schedule of races. That way those of us who want to play 2-3 short races in a week still can, but the week long players will still finish with more points and prizes for devoting the additional time to the week race. We know we won't hit 1000 points, so it's no problem for us, and they'll get a high enough reward to offset the missed races, so they shouldn't have room to complain. Not that that would stop them.
Suggestion Thread: Race of the Day
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/617940
Oh, is THAT why this week is so light on races? That's rather lame, imo. I didn't join the 1 week party because I can be unreliable due to health problems and didn't want to commit only to let a group down when I was not up to playing at agreed upon times. I'm a fairly dedicated racer, but definitely casual when it comes to my level of competition. I don't get all serious and rabid like it's the freaking Olympics. I've got about 100 points and I've been in the top 20 for Shadows a number of times, but I mostly just want the axe at the 220 mark and I'll be happy. I definitely feel it would have been a lot more fair to give those of us unable to dedicate our lives to a part for a full week the usual shorter races while those who can and wanted to do so have their thing going on. :/
~ Lassittor ~

Arms wide open, I stand alone. I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone.
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell. I'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell.
I hope GGG can come up with something like a lockout for the long races. Like a 24 hour window to signup then closed before race and if you're in it you're locked out of all other races till it is over.
I love 1,2,hour and the 45, 135 min races

more please ... Not less
Follow thePOEcast.com ---The POE cast is a Path of Exile podcast
There's some good discussion on here regarding the race schedule during longer duration events. Hopefully GGG takes note.

On a completely different note, Anyone have any experience or tips for random parties or item acquisition? I almost always play PoE solo or with one of my gaming friends, but he doesn't race. Normally, I'd just go solo in the party races and be content with my normal 4 points, but I feel like this race offers a higher point potential and I'd like to give partying a try.
"
There's some good discussion on here regarding the race schedule during longer duration events. Hopefully GGG takes note.

On a completely different note, Anyone have any experience or tips for random parties or item acquisition? I almost always play PoE solo or with one of my gaming friends, but he doesn't race. Normally, I'd just go solo in the party races and be content with my normal 4 points, but I feel like this race offers a higher point potential and I'd like to give partying a try.

You can always make your own party. If you do, it helps to be specific in your title as to what your goal is for that session. If it's a short race and you're committed to getting to a certain level and stopping, call your party something like "Aiming for Level 24." Alternatively, you can make a party called "Beginner Racers." (One caveat to naming your party something to do with beginners, since you regularly get to the 4 point level solo, you might be a little slowed down playing with all new racers.)

You can also just hit "S" to open the social tab when you're waiting on the beach for the race to start and find a group to join. There's usually lots of random public parties in races.
IGNs: Boslin, EmilysVermiciousKnid, Sansarya, Hathem, Rejnah
Time zone: US CST (GMT -6)
Última edição por CyanideNow em 15 de jul de 2013 18:39:07
There is simple solution to this problem of the week race interfering with the other races...Make it the last race of the season..With the points on offer in the one week.. it would make a good grande finale.
Someone just reminded me something

"
Well it is almost 2 am here but i am here for win!!!

edit on: 2 am 05 min damn i die! See yaa next time!

Lmao Gl hf :D
Love night reces.
"Having a Key, having a game, Playing all day"
Life is just a game.
IGN: Twitch/Tox2
Ha. Knew I could hit lvl 12 twice for 6 points. Did not realize you had to pick a different class for the second one. I thought that only mattered for top 20 rewards, but not leveling rewards. Two duelists to lvl 12 and only 3 points... jokes on me i guess.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional