Upcoming global chat system changes

Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Último bump em 5 de set de 2017 16:44:30
Nice one!

I've played with friends in the same house, and I've said, "Look at that bow in trade chat!" only to find out that they could not see it.

Good fix.
Última edição por Sapenti em 16 de jul de 2013 19:50:48
That's pretty cool.
"
In addition, trade and global channels will be disassociated from each other, so the trade channels will only have people who actually choose to view them.

Isn't this how it already is? Besides, the last I checked, Trade chat is pretty much just people spamming buying/selling things; there's hardly a way to get an effective price check asking anywhere.

I know it's a barter economy and all, but if what someone's wanting to pay for something is far, FAR lower than what 95% of everyone else is willing to pay, then why take less and run the risk of the buyer deciding to immediately re-sell it for profit?
awesome
Cool :)
Hardcore is how we play ™

Best ladder ranking so far: OhSnapIsRerolling, rank 85 HC Nemesis League
can we also have an option to make the chat window darker?
"
Charanjaydemyr escreveu:
"
Zoen escreveu:
"
In addition, trade and global channels will be disassociated from each other, so the trade channels will only have people who actually choose to view them.

Isn't this how it already is? Besides, the last I checked, Trade chat is pretty much just people spamming buying/selling things; there's hardly a way to get an effective price check asking anywhere.

I know it's a barter economy and all, but if what someone's wanting to pay for something is far, FAR lower than what 95% of everyone else is willing to pay, then why take less and run the risk of the buyer deciding to immediately re-sell it for profit?

I recommend using global to price check actually. Unless there's been a clear rule about it, trade chat is best reserved for buying/selling posts. In my experience, PCing in trade chat can lead to, yknow, actual chatting in trade chat, which isn't the purpose of that chat.

This. If you need a PC use global, or post on a forum/fansite for the PC.

And about these changes, I'm currently a bit skeptical about fitting 100 active traders in 1 channel, and I bet it will have to be changed a little bit, but at least you'll get more views, which hopefully wont turn into spamming your wares every 3 seconds to keep it at the top.

The global changes have been much needed for a while, and I love the fact that you guys at GGG are implementing it the exact way the players came up with after refining each others ideas.

@ Zeon, the way the current chat system works, you are paired with 99 other users, anywhere at all, and these 100 total users include those who have global and/or trade chat hidden, so at best you were talking with maybe 20-30 people at once, and that's being generous. The 2 chats are also linked, assuming you are in the same global chat as someone, you will also be using the same trade chat as that person as well.

With the new system assigned, people will be able to join/leave trade chat as they wish, and will also be able to continue the same conversation they were having a minute ago after entering a new zone.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
I like this change.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Hope the "window" size will be a part of this change...
"since you've put the TWITCH cam on the bottom side...
I would like see the chat next to it....

Anyway the instancing chat and this change is quite good.

"NEED"
- /ignore_list
to can see who we ignored and when. that will help to remove someone that we can't remember spelling...

- flood control
someone cannot send the same message twice or more in less than XX seconds...

Kindly
Onslaught.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional