Are elemental states debuffs?

Are elemental states debuffs? And so will longer buff duration passive increase freeze duration?

Looked at mechanics thread and searched forum quite a lot and surprisingly didn't find anyone asking about it.
"
globbi escreveu:
Are elemental states debuffs? And so will longer buff duration passive increase freeze duration?

Looked at mechanics thread and searched forum quite a lot and surprisingly didn't find anyone asking about it.

edit: the poser below proved me wrong, well, my assertion is right but some of the info I've posted is wrong. Read below please.

Increased duration of buffs affects buffs, not debuffs.

Elemental statuses are debuffs. So no, buff duration passives won't extend elemental statuses.

Maybe you phrased your question incorrectly, though?
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Última edição por Zakaluka em 24 de ago de 2012 00:39:20
I'm sorry I couldn't find anything more recent...

Spoiler
"
Strill escreveu:
Charges, elemental status effects, and certain other things such as Adder's Touch are not consider buffs or debuffs, which is confusing for people who pick up Buff/Debuff related passives.
Source

Spoiler
In reference to burning:
"
UristMcDwarfy escreveu:
It apparently isn't affected by passives which increase buff/debuff length, however.
Source

*I have a feeling I'm spreading outdated information...
Última edição por Syntinen em 23 de ago de 2012 23:27:29
"
Syntinen escreveu:
I'm sorry I couldn't find anything more recent...

Spoiler
"
Strill escreveu:
Charges, elemental status effects, and certain other things such as Adder's Touch are not consider buffs or debuffs, which is confusing for people who pick up Buff/Debuff related passives.
Source

Spoiler
In reference to burning:
"
UristMcDwarfy escreveu:
It apparently isn't affected by passives which increase buff/debuff length, however.
Source

*I have a feeling I'm spreading outdated information...

As far as I am aware, Buff/Debuff Duration passives still don't apply to Burning. It's a slight assumption to conclude that it also doesn't work on shocked, chilled and frozen just because they are also status ailments, but probably a safe one. Burning is just the only only one I could reliably test due to its consistent duration and our former lack of formulas on how long shock/chill/freeze duration is supposed to last (we now have these, apparently).

I'd suggest these posts as more direct evidence, though I'm not sure if they are more recent:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13780/highlight//page/1#p307961
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21343/highlight//page/1#p337512
I also find it interesting that Mark said he wasn't happy about the way they work (or don't work, in this case I guess), but I have not heard anything about changes of that nature.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Ok, that's enough of a prove I think. A bit of a shame though :(

I think duration time should apply to elemental states, or at least the passive should be changed to 10% buff/debuff and 5% elemental states if 30% more would be too easy to get. I was thinking about critical spell shadow like this (bottom branch probably left for the end or replaced by shield passives) and there are no elemental duration passives near.

Right now the buff passives are pretty bad and I can't imagine anyone going for them since all of them are in far spots. Only concern may be if we get good buff spells in future but changing buff duration to include smaller numbers for elemental states would fix this. It would also give interesting option for elemental totem templar.
From my experience, they're alright for rare builds that use buffs and debuffs with durations to kill things and for certain utility skills (Poison Arrow, Viper Strike, Puncture, Immortal Call, Molten Shell, Blood Rage, Phase Run, and all the curses).

There's actually a cluster of Buff/Debuff duration passives right in the center now as well, though the majority of it is deep in str territory.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional