Alpha's Howl Reserved Mana

Will Alpha's Howl still have your aura's reserve less mana? This is the only way (aside from a 5-point passive investment which is quite hefty) I can run 3 40%+1 30% aura's on my mana and this is the only benefit I gain from Alpha's Howl (I use bringer of rain so I don't gain the +lvl). Or this this in the "Other similar abuse cases will be fixed in the future."

Thanks
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
Última edição por silidons em 13 de ago de 2013 03:20:21
"
silidons escreveu:
Will Alpha's Howl still have your aura's reserve less mana? This is the only way (aside from a 5-point passive investment which is quite hefty) I can run 3 40%+1 30% aura's on my mana and this is the only benefit I gain from Alpha's Howl (I use bringer of rain so I don't gain the +lvl). Or this this in the "Other similar abuse cases will be fixed in the future."

Thanks

it still reserves the mana but no longer does so when you swap items out or so GGG says
"
agbudar escreveu:

it still reserves the mana but no longer does so when you swap items out or so GGG says

this.

also, the fact a single 5% quality Reduced Mana gem on the helm allows me to run 2 40% auras AND Grace - is part of why I love it so much.
combine it with it's awesome modifiers like "cannot be frozen" - and you know why I reacted the way I did in that thread claiming it to be worthless without the exploit.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
quality on Reduce Mana Gem doesnt affect mana reservation for auras.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone escreveu:
quality on Reduce Mana Gem doesnt affect mana reservation for auras.

I know, and I don't care. it's the only RM gem I have on this character.

the point is Alpha's Howl is a great piece of gear as is.

maybe my opinion is in a minority because I never used the exploit, despite knowing it exists.
I don't play the game to exploit it. I play to enjoy it.
"
johnKeys escreveu:
"
agbudar escreveu:

this.

also, the fact a single 5% quality Reduced Mana gem on the helm allows me to run 2 40% auras AND Grace - is part of why I love it so much.
combine it with it's awesome modifiers like "cannot be frozen" - and you know why I reacted the way I did in that thread claiming it to be worthless without the exploit.

It is worthless. No life, no es, one res. Dream frag can easily handle the no frozen part. The reduction can be made up with nods if need be. A ci character is passing up a 300-400 es helm for alpha? Heck no, that is potential several thousand es. A life build with iron reflex might consider it, but for the most part its a huge loss of potential stats. Plus the 600 ev isn't jaw dropping, I have a life/res helm with over 600 ev.
Última edição por AllGodsDie em 13 de ago de 2013 05:25:59
"
AllGodsDie escreveu:
"
johnKeys escreveu:
"
agbudar escreveu:

this.

It is worthless. No life, no es, one res. Dream frag can easily handle the no frozen part. The reduction can be made up with nods if need be. A ci character is passing up a 300-400 es helm for alpha? Heck no, that is potential several thousand es. A life build with iron reflex might consider it, but for the most part its a huge loss of potential stats. Plus the 600 ev isn't jaw dropping, I have a life/res helm with over 600 ev.

Yeah total shit, give them all to me and I'll get around to put them in the incinerator in a couple of years once I finished using them...

I think the problem is that the real complaints of the exploit fix comes from people with super endgame stuff, where you swap equipments in town for multiple reasons just to gain some few more benefits...

That said, I'm a bit worried this new patch will also mean that you need reduce mana gem connected at all times to your auras, which means I either need to tie up a lot more slots with reduce mana, or get 5-6L to run auras...
Designer of The Broken Crown
Designer of The Sigil Divination Card
https://www.reddit.com/user/ThisIsABuff/
"
AllGodsDie escreveu:

so let me see if I understood correctly, it is worthless because:

1) there's another >1 exalt item capable of delivering one of it's modifiers (cannot be frozen).
2) a CI character can't use it (why would a CI character be using a pure evasion helm is beyond me).
3) you can waste a few valuable points into reduced mana res nodes, instead of putting them to better use.
4) you have a BiS EV helm worth more than Alpha.

correct?

hell now I'll buy a supporter pack just to design a new unique helm EVERYONE would like:

"Chris Wilson's Hat"

(800-1000) AR, (800-1000) ES, (800-1000) EV.
--------------------------------------
+ 2000 life.
+(7-10) to level of all gems in this item.
all gems supported by a 20/20 Reduced Mana.
+(40-50) all resists (including Chaos).
+(5-10) maximum resists.
cannot die while wearing this item.

required level: 1.
greatly increased chance to drop from Hillock in Normal.

man, seriously?
Última edição por johnKeys em 13 de ago de 2013 05:58:14
Without the exploit, alpha howls sucks. for 3 exalts, I can get a better armor or evasion helmet, with 3 resists or at least 2 and some life. end of story.
Ign BurningforeverwithKnive

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional