0.9.12o Patch Notes

great job !

please open for us "The Open Beta"
Will we retain characters (and their levels) and gear/gems from Open Beta until and through the real game?
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Última edição por markus7 em 2 de out de 2012 13:30:21
Re: map drops, I just worry about what will happen once someone completely runs out of maps. No more endgame for you? What's the recourse? "Roll a new character" isn't entirely a valid answer as some want to continue playing their high level characters. Trade is an option, but annoying. Grinding Merc Act 2 also sucks as an option to maybe scrape up a level 60 map.

If this is going to be the endgame, then it needs to somehow always be accessible. There was a suggestion elsewhere to sell level 60 maps at a vendor for some charge (1 alch, as I recall). I like that idea, especially given that you can't upgrade a map more than two times, so no risk of rich people crafting up high level maps all the time.

There seems to be a real risk of getting unlucky and shutting yourself out of the endgame, and that's a real problem.
"
markus7 escreveu:
Will we retain characters (and their levels) and gear/gems from Open Beta until and through the real game?

Yes.
"
Waves_blade escreveu:

Map digression like that is REALLY frustrating, I actually got a little mad when it happened.

I thought of a suggestion and passed it around to some people and thought to ask it here in this thread:

What do you (or anyone else) think of maps being able to drop maps 2 levels below their level? Since they can only upgrade by 2 levels, why not only let them down-grade 2 levels at most? Or is that to powerful of a change if people get lucky to get some high lvl maps?

Dear god, shouldn't the challenge be in the maps themselves, not in getting a map the right level to play? That whole meta game seems extremely unfun. Caveat... I've only been lurking since the d3 was released. But this seems like a painfully unfun end game mechanic.

Última edição por Zaanus em 2 de out de 2012 21:23:55
"
Chris escreveu:
"
DDSSEE escreveu:
"
unsmith escreveu:
As someone who is suffering from a really bad run of luck in getting map drops, I'm happy about the increase. I've been alch'ing up my maps, running tough mods like Temp Chains and Burning Ground and such, and getting very little in return. This makes me optimistic I'll be able to continue my high level chars.

I've has the exact opposite experience. I've run blue maps with very little quantity and I've gotten more maps than I've spent.

50% of players get more than average. I just feel bad for the 50% that get less than average :(

"
Version 0.9.12p
  • Increased the map drop rates in such a way as to allow 100% of players to get more maps than the average in every map.
When i first tried maps i loved them, but now i hate them and consider them less fun than maelstrom of chaos.

Honestly, i want to be able to set my own map levels. What part of a level 78 doing level 60-64 maps over and over is fun, rewarding, intuitive or clever?
"
Xendran escreveu:
When i first tried maps i loved them, but now i hate them and consider them less fun than maelstrom of chaos.

Honestly, i want to be able to set my own map levels. What part of a level 78 doing level 60-64 maps over and over is fun, rewarding, intuitive or clever?

Well it seems you keep forgetting that the game is still in beta and doesn't have content for such a high level character.. actually most people seem to forget this

This is still beta and they are testing the drop rates for maps, and have been increasing them continually over the last few patches, they are doing it incrementally and watching the effect every time.

When that happens, there will be a completely new act with new and higher level areas, maps will be increased in level again, and drop rates will hopefully be balanced by all of our testing.
Última edição por Veryll em 3 de out de 2012 04:47:38
"
Veryll escreveu:
When that happens, there will be a completely new act with new and higher level areas, maps will be increased in level again, and drop rates will hopefully be balanced by all of our testing.

I may have missed something, but where did they say the new act will bring higher level content? This is an honest question, I'm curious and hopeful :)
"
Thunderflux escreveu:
"
Veryll escreveu:

I may have missed something, but where did they say the new act will bring higher level content? This is an honest question, I'm curious and hopeful :)

Well i can't find the specifics right now, and i may indeed be mistaken. But it's probably safe to assume that the new Act will bring players closer to the level cap, and therefore will contain higher level content. How high remains to be determinded.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional