1.0.0 Balance Changes

Spoiler
"
casval776 escreveu:
[

From the view of a build that's never invited to parties, let me give you a new perspective on this:

Groups have an exp, drop rate, and clear speed increase. Clear speed is simply a product of partying and can vary depending on whoever you're partying with. Depending on builds and composition, sometimes a solo player can clear as fast as a party. Sometimes, the clear speed is so fast that a marginal difference is negligible.

However, the exp and drop rate increase is already attractive enough to party. Given that clear speed is merely a product of farming and groups naturally rake in more exp and drops, now you're clearing faster which results in even more exp and drop rate.

To put this into mathematics:

A solo player has a 1x multiplier to exp and drops. They also clear a given map in 120 seconds.

A full party has, let's just say, a 2x multiplier to exp and drops. They also clear a given map in 90 seconds.

Even if the solo player and full party cleared in the same time, it's still a net gain in exp and drops, which are both extremely important (at least until gems hit lvl 20). So, really, there's no reason not to party if you're able to party. As a summoner, this simply fucking sucks.

In fact, what sucks even more is the change to auras. As an Auramancer, auras make minions better. Minions start out horrible and end up decent, especially in areas like Docks if you're not running Purity or not using Elemental Resists on your minions. However, now that every aura is being changed to percentage based, that means summoners who fully invest into minions have to pick and choose even more.

Running 5 Lvl 20 auras was hard enough, even with EB and 300+ mana cost Zombies. Now that you'll be restricted to even less, it might be even worse. Although that all depends on how strong these auras are buffed by.

I understand the frustration of using a build that never gets invited to parties. I've played Summoners, Arctic breath GMP self cast and various other heavy effect builds. Once the particle effects guy gets all of his work done, hopefully we wont have that problem anymore.

You have to remember, that all drops are shared. Even though there is an increase of drops, there are more people to get them. Again, this was a downside to partying with FFA only. PA removed this downside. I'm not arguing that partying is better, I am arguing that solo is viable, yet slower.

As a summoner, you have a lot of choices ahead about how you want to run your build. The goal of balance is that you should not have to run 5 auras just to survive. Thats why they are buffing them. Until we see the end result patch notes, we won't know how this affects you.

Who knows, if they triple the amount of reservation nodes, maybe you can still run all 5 just with more point investment.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Última edição por Jackel6672 em 20 de out de 2013 15:20:25
Regarding Auras -> Party bonus -> MF -> Gear

This will boost parties even more. Why are you so damn into parties and gives a damn about solo players?

I am anxious that this change will make parties running around with all auras while solo or small party cannot.
In party you now will get IIR bonus instead of IIQ. Nice change but removing IIQ party bonus (without buffing party IIR) would be better, and also implement visual filter of drops.
Why should a party have the chance of finding better stuff?!

Now, implement /X players to the one of us that doesn´t like playing in party of multi boxing.

Oh and btw, GG and many nice changes beside this one!
IGN: Hydralin
Última edição por Peacebringer em 21 de out de 2013 04:23:27
I'm really not sure how this affects parties at all, and is instead just a nerf to solo play. Will parties really have to pick and choose auras now? Even if each player only ran 2 auras, a full party still has enough to get them all up and running, and will only make party play that much more efficient (since the auras will have increased effectiveness).

Not only that, but aren't 6+ aura builds kind of a choice? Cant really run 6 auras with CI or BM unless you are really dedicated to running all those auras.

I appreciate the intent behind the change, I just don't think it'll quite pan out that way in reality. Will changing the effectiveness of the auras themselves make things like Purity unnecessary? Will CI builds no longer need to run with Discipline? Will caster no longer want Clarity? etc etc etc. Seems like builds will just get more watered down as they no will try to spend on all the aura cost reduction nodes so they can run more than just the 'required' auras for their build.

Unless they are going to improve stat allocation on items, won't this end up hurting a lot of players and builds instead of making things more fun?

I'll withhold my full judgment until the changes are live; but so far, with this early information, it seems like solo-play is taking a swift kick in the nads.

Última edição por DirePenguin em 21 de out de 2013 22:19:14
I do agree with aura rebalancing. It was not powerful enough that in present time, I dont really care if my party has aura or not (I'm running 3 aura too, but didn't care if its activated or I forgot to activate it :D )

So, aura rebalancing will be great for aura diversity in party and specializing for solo.

I am very curious on change to 2H weapons :-) I always use only 2 hands just because damage was higher and now it will be even higher so my new character will be definetely scion with 2H weapon :)

I think that also DW needs some love if nothing changed over past 4 months when I did not play
Do you think we could finally have that chance to change our bandit rewards? Since nodes will change and quite a few builds, we can not use our old characters at their full potential without having the chance to change the bandit rewards.
IGN
UnderworldQueenie
Groub
Overall im happy with the changes, I personally think they will have to add an additional effect to the blood magic keystone, such as "Reduced mana reservation of auras by x%" Although we still dont know how much mana auras such as anger wrath and grace will reserve, if its say 10-15%, linked to a 20/20 reduced mana gem they wont really cost any more than they do right now for a typical 5000 life character. I believe they were reserving around 370 life with all gems at level 20 and a level 20 reduced mana gem. So if all 3 auras reserved 10% of life, then with 5000 life it would knock you down to 3500 life, with a level 20 reduced mana gem you are looking at a little over 1000 life reserved, a 20/20 reduced mana gem a little less. I would also assume that the reduced aura reservation nodes would be towards the marauder side of the tree also. With an additional effect to the blood magic keystone of say a further 25% reduced life reservation for auras I can still see all of the usual anger/wrath/grace builds being effective, due to not having to take out any extra nodes on the tree for auras.
IGN Golioth
"
Sirjohnny1 escreveu:
Overall im happy with the changes, I personally think they will have to add an additional effect to the blood magic keystone, such as "Reduced mana reservation of auras by x%" Although we still dont know how much mana auras such as anger wrath and grace will reserve, if its say 10-15%, linked to a 20/20 reduced mana gem they wont really cost any more than they do right now for a typical 5000 life character. I believe they were reserving around 370 life with all gems at level 20 and a level 20 reduced mana gem. So if all 3 auras reserved 10% of life, then with 5000 life it would knock you down to 3500 life, with a level 20 reduced mana gem you are looking at a little over 1000 life reserved, a 20/20 reduced mana gem a little less. I would also assume that the reduced aura reservation nodes would be towards the marauder side of the tree also. With an additional effect to the blood magic keystone of say a further 25% reduced life reservation for auras I can still see all of the usual anger/wrath/grace builds being effective, due to not having to take out any extra nodes on the tree for auras.

You should read before posting something so long. Chris said there will be an aura passive behind blood magi
I've been using 2H weapons and haven't found the lack of defense too detrimental. A buff to their damage? Sure, why not. I currently only run 2 auras but could go for more, will see how the passive tree plays out.

Kind of excited. :)
So trading will still be very tideous.
However nice changes overall.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional