Petrov's 7-Aura, Eldritch Battery, Elemental Hit, Wand Ranger (0.9.13)

After some good chats to Epsilon about Eldritch Battery ("EB" - turns all ES into mana - see Epsi's build he submitted to BoTW) and all things related (he has a hugely effective elemental bow build based around EB), I was convinced it had potential - so I turned my mind to a build that was based on the following premises:

- Has a huge mana pool via EB and Discipline to keep 7 auras up (Purity, Clarity, Determination, Anger, Wrath, Grace, Discipline)
- Leverages the Inner Force passive across as many auras as possible (+30% aura buffs)
- Has huge mana regeneration (Clarity, huge base mana pool)
- Has Iron Reflexes for effective damage reduction > 50% (Grace and Determination)
- Maximises resists at 80% (Purity)
- Taking Oak life rewards, has >2k life, preferably closer to 3k
- Utilises an attack (not spell) which synergises with the weapon elemental damage nodes and gem, and the 2 DPS auras (Wrath, Anger)

The result is the following (0.9.13) level 80 build (or level 76 if you take the skill point bandit rewards):
Spoiler

The attack of choice is Elemental Hit. It gems to Weapon Elemental Damage, Faster Attacks, Life Leech and, probably, LMP - in total 3G-2R (not a difficult combination for hybrid Eva/ES armour). None of these gems are particularly hard to get or expensive.

For attacks, I use a Wand with the highest base IAS and IAS mods as possible - given attack speed is where this build is weakest. Flat elemental mods are also important. As a result, this should not be an expensive weapon or chest piece to trade for - who else really wants hybrid ES/Eva armour or IAS/elemental wands?! Also, feel free to get +accuracy mods on gear, while you have 230 base Dex and +48% AR of passives on top of this, boosting accuracy will still help until you outlevel maps/content substantially.

Given you will run seven auras, it's important to have a couple of Reduced Mana Cost gems to support them, and you will need chromes to setup your auras correctly.

Here is my gear:
Spoiler
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível
Indisponível

I would replace the headpiece with an ES piece with high +Accuracy if I had one (hint: if you do, I'll buy it off you!)

If you're wondering about DPS, remember, from just the passive nodes you get (which are all applicable to Elemental Hit):
- +80% Elemental Damage with Weapons
- +41% Elemental Damage
- +51% Projectile Damage
- +18% IAS
- +48% Accuracy Rating

Remembering that the Elemental Hit tooltip doesn't actually work, my stated DPS on Ele Hit with 7 auras running is 4.6k dps - the real figure would be about double that (that's per projectile, and there are 3 projectiles with LMP and Life Leech both gemmed). My armour is 14k and my health is 1.6k (I didn't take the Oak rewards for this chatracter slot - I would in future of course for a life based build). My resists are 78% due to clarity.

I can consistently two shot Gneiss in Merciless, and thats without hitting a diamond flask. Mana cost per shot of Ele Hit is about 80, but with mana regen of 130 per second and an unreserved mana pool of about 500, I don't need mana leech and mana cost isn't an issue really.

For curses, Elemental Weakness is my choice. Or Temporal Chains if you don't like fast moving beasties. Warlord's Mark is of limited use given the mana/life leech from that curse relies on physical damage, of which this build has little. No point running blood rage as you have neither CI nor life regen of note.

This build can be run from any of the Ranger, Shadow, or Templar starting spots.

This build is not really a crit chance/damage build, so while elemental reflect mods will hurt, they shouldn't one- or two- shot you.

Enjoy!

Petrov.
Última edição por mrpetrov em 15 de dez de 2012 08:04:15
Alguns itens neste post estão atualmente indisponíveis.
Petrov, why you don't use a armor/eva hybrid as armor to get more easily links(EVA/ES uually have Green/blue not green/red)?
Plus, why you didnt go for IG, wich is only 6 points away(since you alreay go in the center of the tree?)
Plus2, you can only run a max of 6 auras afaik.
"
kadrek91 escreveu:
Petrov, why you don't use a armor/eva hybrid as armor to get more easily links(EVA/ES uually have Green/blue not green/red)?
Plus, why you didnt go for IG, wich is only 6 points away(since you alreay go in the center of the tree?)
Plus2, you can only run a max of 6 auras afaik.

6 points for iron grip with low STR? Not worth it.

7 auras IS POSSIBLE.

Why would he want armor/evasion when he clearly stated hes a EB build? Hence the ES on his armor....
RegnarDrowsII - 79 DW Ranger, #6 One month race 10/16/2012
Yup, Ceto got it - the theory was 7 auras, which I think is possible. Iron Grip not so important to this build which doesn't rely on physical damage (at all), and 6 points is a fair bit given what I'd have to sacrifice to get it (c. 50% life bonus).

EVA/Armour chest piece would be easier to craft to 3G-2R, but I had lent towards having more ES for mana usage. If I didn't need the additional mana I could consider going hybrid EVa/ES armour.

Otherwise - what do you think?

P.
I tell ya, 3g 2r will be a hella lot of chromatics on a eva/es, you will eb able because if I'm not wrong hybrid armors have more probability of getting other socket colors.

And no, I dont mean is possible in the mana pool; it's imposssible by the mechanics.
I read a post somewhere wich stated that it's impossible because the max auras tht the game mechanic let you run are 6.
Tempest shield is not an aura, is a buff wich reserves mana, so 6 auras+TS is still 6 auras.
"
kadrek91 escreveu:
I tell ya, 3g 2r will be a hella lot of chromatics on a eva/es, you will eb able because if I'm not wrong hybrid armors have more probability of getting other socket colors.

And no, I dont mean is possible in the mana pool; it's imposssible by the mechanics.
I read a post somewhere wich stated that it's impossible because the max auras tht the game mechanic let you run are 6.
Tempest shield is not an aura, is a buff wich reserves mana, so 6 auras+TS is still 6 auras.

I run 7 auras alday er'yday

Elemental Equilibrium is also not a curse petrov, your likely going to want either Proje weak, for pierce or ele weak, for freeze etc, if using wand, likely weak, for pierce, to cut down on the amount of attacks needed.

Other then that the build looks nice and fine, very very versatile, allowing for dual wielding of fast wands to leverage aspeed more, due to inherent fast IAS wand base and DW IAS bonus, also allows for the option of using a shield, to boost survivability and mana base.

Última edição por EpsiIon em 8 de nov de 2012 01:10:54
"
EpsiIon escreveu:
"
kadrek91 escreveu:

I run 7 auras alday er'yday

Elemental Equilibrium is also not a curse petrov, your likely going to want either Proje weak, for pierce or ele weak, for freeze etc, if using wand, likely weak, for pierce, to cut down on the amount of attacks needed.

Other then that the build looks nice and fine, very very versatile, allowing for dual wielding of fast wands to leverage aspeed more, due to inherent fast IAS wand base and DW IAS bonus, also allows for the option of using a shield, to boost survivability and mana base.

Thanks Eps, really appreciate you taking a look at it. And yup, I meant Elemental Weakness, sorry - but in any case I take your point about Proj Weakness for the pierce.

Now I need 70 regrets on legacy to respec my ranger for the second time in two weeks. Anyone?

Petrov.
Bump, reinstated guide for those that are interested.

P.
Have considered using high block chance as a form of defense, or are you going just IR dual wield?

(Seems like the armor wont be very high from the passives)
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Block with ES shield (Rathpith globe?). Need the ES from the shield for the mana to run the 7 auras.

P.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional