EB Frost Templar

EB Frost Templar - Suokelo

This build utilizes both melee skills and spells, with high life, a large mana pool, resistances and good damage output. Running 7 auras by level 60, using Glacial Hammer & Ice Nova as main attacks. Can be played easily in Hardcore Difficulty.

Help Oak for all 4 difficulties.

Build - Late 60's

Once build level 74 is reached grabbing the remaining 6% Cold damage nodes, Life % or Mace Damage Nodes - Depending on gearing and style of play.[/spoiler]

Skills & Equipment.

Equipment
Note that Ice Nova's damage is just as important as Life/Armor since it is linked with life leech.

Ideal statistics are listed by order of importance - The top 3 should be relatively easy to achieve.

Also to be noted : There is a difference between Cold Damage % and Cold Damage which increases your damage by a set number (EG: 10-24) as opposed to a percentage.

Spoiler
Weapon
Spoiler
Indisponível

This Unique Weapons becomes the bread and butter of the build from level 41 to late level 60's.
It offers good damage with easily met requirements and a convenient experience boost. Traded for roughly 1 Gemcutter's Prism - A great investment for the time it is being used. Once reaching late 60's start looking for an upgrade.

Ideal Scepter has:

(20% Elemental Damage Implicit)
+Increased Physical Damage
+Increased Spell Damage/Elemental Damage
+Spell Critical Chance
+Cast Speed/Attack Speed

Shield
Spoiler
Indisponível

Pure Intelligence shields can roll Spell Damage & Spell Critical Chance causing freeze to last longer & occur more often while using Ice Nova. Trade for 2 Gemcutter's Prism - Great for staying alive and dealing damage.

Ideal Shield has :

+Life
+Spell Critical Chance
+Spell Damage
+Resistances
+High Defenses/ Mana

Helm
Spoiler
Indisponível

Ideal Helm has :

+Life
+Accuracy
+Resistances
+Mana
+Increased Item Quantity/Rarity
+High Defenses

Necklace
Spoiler
Indisponível

It is fairly important to use the Mana Regeneration amulet to help supply the cost of skills & and to balance out Clarity's high Mana cost. Getting Global Critical Chance is important for survival (Explained above) and will help deal with summoner mobs.

Ideal Necklace has :

(30% Mana Regeneration Implicit)
+Global Critical Strike Chance (Aim for 30%)
+Life
+Increased Cold Damage %
+Cast Speed
+Mana Regeneration
+Resistances/Mana

Rings
Spoiler
Indisponível
Indisponível

Resistances, Mana & Life will be the deciding factor of what implicit mods you will need on your rings. Remember to always keep your resistances at the cap.

Ideal Rings have :

+Cast Speed (Aim for 10%)
+Life
+Increased Cold Damage %
+Mana Regeneration
+Cold Damage
+Mana/Resistance/Increased Item Quantity/Rarity

Chest Piece
Spoiler
Indisponível

5 Linked Sockets should be relatively easy to afford - They go for 2 Gemcutter's Prisms or so. However finding proper rolls that suit your needs on a 5 Link piece can be fairly difficult.
I suggest being lenient on this piece of armor's rolls and compensate with other equipment.

Ideal Chest Piece has:

(5 Links - Mandatory)
+Life
+Resistances
+High Defenses
+Mana

Gloves
Spoiler
Indisponível

Ideal Gloves have:

+Increased Attack Speed (Aim for 13%)
+Life
+Accuracy
+Cold Damage
+High Defenses
+Increased Item Quantity/Rarity/Mana

Belt
Spoiler
Indisponível

Depending on your gear there are 3 better options to choose from.
Chain Belt : If the energy shield on your equipment is lacking.
Leather Belt : If life bonuses on your equipment is lacking.
Cloth Belt : If neither your health or energy shield is lacking.
The cloth belt will help greatly in case of stun-lock or when swamped.

Ideal Belt has:
+Increased Weapon Elemental Damage (Aim for 30%)
+Life
+Resistances
+Mana

Greaves
Spoiler
Indisponível

Ideal Greaves have:
+30% Movement Speed (Don't go lower than 20%)
+Life
+Resistances
+Increased Item Quantity/Rarity

Skills

These will be updated regularly as I am still constantly updating and trying new techniques with the build.

Single Target Skill - Glacial Hammer - 4 Linked Sockets
Spoiler
Skill Converts 50% of physical damage to cold damage
15% chance to freeze at level 1
Increased chill duration on enemies.

Indisponível

Due to all the elemental nodes in the passive tree this will hit very hard, taking down rares in 2-3 hits also freezing them occasionally rendering them useless.

Supports :

+ Weapon Elemental Damage
Indisponível

+ Melee Physical Damage
Indisponível

+ Increased Accuracy - Soon to be subbed out for 'Added Cold Damage'
Indisponível

Multiple Target Skill - Ice Nova - 5 Linked Sockets
Spoiler
Deals incremental cold damage as the gem levels up, shoots a ring of ice at the enemies from the user
Indisponível

Your main farming skill, taking down regular targets in 2-3 hits, and Champion targets in 4-6 hits.

Supports :

+ Faster Casting
Indisponível

+ Increased Critical Strikes
Indisponível

+ Added Cold Damage
Indisponível

+ Life Leech
Indisponível

Auras - All affected by 'Inner Focus' Notable passive (Aura Buff * 1.30).
Spoiler

Clarity
Spoiler
Adds Mana Regeneration to the player.
Indisponível

Haste
Spoiler
Adds 10% Cast Speed, 10% Attack Speed to the player.
Indisponível

Discipline
Spoiler
Adds Energy Shield to the player.
Indisponível

Wrath
Spoiler
Adds lightning damage to player's attacks.
Indisponível

Anger
Spoiler
Adds Fire damage to player's attacks.
Indisponível

Hatred
Spoiler
Adds a % of Cold damage based on the player's physical damage.
Indisponível

Grace
Spoiler
Grants bonus evasion.
Indisponível

Supports :

+ Reduced Mana Cost
Indisponível

Curse - Frostbite (Linked with Enduring Cry & Molten Shell)
Spoiler
Reduces the target's cold resistance and gives cold damage a chance to freeze on hit.
Indisponível

Supports :

+Faster Casting
Indisponível

Defensive Skills

Molten Shell (Linked with Frostbite & Enduring Cry)
Spoiler
Grants the player bonus armor until the shield explodes, damaging nearby enemies with fire damage
This skill can be used when tough rare mobs are present, currently my molten shell hits for 6000 fire damage.
Indisponível

Supports :

+Faster Casting
Indisponível

Enduring Cry (Linked with Molten Shell & Frostbite)
Spoiler
Grants the user Endurance charges which give +5% Resistance & +5% Damage Reduction per charge.
This skill is used before tough fights to reduce incoming damage for the first few hits.

Supports :

+Faster Casting
Indisponível

So, this is my Eldritch Battery Frost Templar, suggestions & feedback are always appreciated!
Thanks,
Suo.

Edit I : Tweaked the build to become 100% Mana sufficient & to allow more auras to increase damage/survival.

IGN Suojata
Última edição por CNKalmah em 6 de dez de 2012 18:58:17
Alguns itens neste post estão atualmente indisponíveis.
Edited build
+Grabbed Eldritch Battery
+Grabbed 60% Spell critical chance.
+Using Grace, Hatred, Anger, Wrath, Discipline now.
IGN Suojata
Is the reason to link Frostbite, Enduring Cry and Molten Shell together just to give them all the same support gem? Or is there an advantage to linking skills together?
Edited Build
- Removed Spell Critical Chances in favor of Cold Damage nodes.

"
Davmorn escreveu:
Is the reason to link Frostbite, Enduring Cry and Molten Shell together just to give them all the same support gem? Or is there an advantage to linking skills together?

Linking skill gems together does nothing, these ones are all linked together to conserve room for other skills.
IGN Suojata
How well this build would do or does in eng-game pvp?
Since thats what I want.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
This is very similar to the build that I've been thinking of, only had chance to play it to 28 so far though. Have you played it at higher levels? I've started running into survivability issues (since around 25), and occasionally mana issues (however the mana problem is less prevalent and will be fixed with EB down the line). I'm aware that this could be down to itemization though, or merely a rough patch....curious all the same.

Edit: Should note that the survivability issues are only really present when not using Enduring Cry, however I see that you don't use this skill.
Última edição por Narcyss em 1 de dez de 2012 18:19:38
I don't know for pvp, I haven't given it a shot yet.

As for survivability it does well. It's really important that you grab the life nodes that are available to you and using the "Life Leech" support with Ice Nova really helps.
IGN Suojata
I've made sure to grab all the life nodes, have not come across the life leach support yet but I've got my eyes looking out.
Would you change something in your passive build tree if you were going towards PvP?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Última edição por hellzer em 3 de dez de 2012 06:45:47
This looked really cool (no pun intended). However, it appears that all the passive details are fracked up. They worked before the wipe and are gone now.

Any chance you can rebuild them?

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional