EB Lightning Templar

Since I've been using a Lightning Templar based off CNKalmah's build, I got the stage where I was really enjoying the main portion of the build, but was constantly wanting/needing a higher mana base, which led me to experiment with this build. Eldritch Battery / Lightning Templar.

Might even be similar to the Ice Temp that CNKalmah is using, haven't checked :D

Basically what you wanna do before anything else, is head straight to the node just before EB. (you can get EB but it won't be THAT useful early on) But on a very specific route. It means getting basically no nodes except Int nodes for most of your first 20 points, since this is easier to accomplish in normal than in the high 30's to 40's, best to lay out your 'highway' early on.

First 20 Points - Level 1 - 18 including both Act I passive bonuses
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0FWxSwF1AxATWAN0dFR0wta6yCHoi6j0aboZ2upwismNDQ2wv31w==

This route will take longer overall, but it will take you through the 3 primary block nodes, saving you points you would need to spend later, it also takes you past the 3 life nodes up top, and the Lightning damage nodes up there too. It balances distance to EB with efficiency later on.

The first 25-30 levels should be primarily defensive, survivability is key more so than DPS, since your main skill will (by 31) be supplemented by some decent damage boosters with the right gear.

Next 15 points - Level 19-32 Appr Taking EB at 31
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0FWxSwFm8XUBo4HRQoxTEBNYA3R0VHTC1MNVFgVcZmnmuscH2CHoi6j0aQVZuhna6nCKeEqZWsmMAaz2XQ0NsL87731_rS

First, grab the 3 life nodes up top, then head over to the shield nodes at the left corner, grab the top 3 (we don't need ES on Shield for this build) and then go down to the shield nodes on the left side and grab the leftmost 3, that makes around 17% block chance from passives atm. Then, go down and grab the 3 life nodes just below and to the right.

You can grab EB at 31, since all your aura's (the good ones at least) are level 31, and you'll be heading towards at least 4 link armour (hopefully a 5 link chest) at this time grab a decent ES helm to increase your mana. All your other gear (Shield, chest, gloves, boots) should be pure armour.

Next 27 points - Level 33-60 Appr
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsUTRSwFm8XUBo4HRQoxSlPMQEyiTWAN0c62EVHRtdMLUw1TdhRYFXGV-Jmnme9a6xwfXflgh6Cm4i6i4yMdo9GkFWboZ2uogCnCKeEqZWsmMAazLfPZdDQ1XXbC97B4XPkrew47SDwH_LO87731_rS

Now, we start going into DPS mainly (with a little life for good measure), by heading from the left 3 life nodes, over to the 3 Elemental Damage on Weapons nodes. Then up to Elementalist, and the 3 adjacent Lightning Damage nodes. At this time you can also get the Static Blows node at the very top. And you can also grab the 2 mace nodes on the left side, one is an 18% damage node.

Grab the 3 Elemental DMG nodes at the Temp start point and then Celestial Walker. You might also wanna grab the leftmost Armour/ES node and then Body and Soul. You can also grab the life cluster in the middle of the Temp start area.

By this time you ought to be well balanced with mana/dps/life/armour. A decent shield with around 1k Armour, along with decent Chest (600-1000) and gloves/boots with 200 or so each, will net you a decent amount of armour (maybe 4-5k) with Determination running. With Discipline and a decent 400+ ES helm you should have a good supply of mana too.

Grabbing the Unnatural Calm 15% ES passive is a good idea now in the next 2 points.

Here's a final 88 point build (Level 70)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsM9xRNFLAWbxdQGNcaOB0UJCUoxSlPMQEyiTWAN0c62DwtRUdG10wtTDVN2FFgVcZX4l-qZp5m2We9aHRrrGz2cH1z4XfleriCHoKbguSIuoqvi4yMdo9GkBGQVZSgm6GdrqIApwinhKmVrJivbLRztz7AGsHzw23FisauzLfPZdDQ1XXYTdpi2wveweFz5K3nY-nV7DjtIPAf8kXyzvO-94j31_rS_go=

It's debatable whether you should grab the 3 life nodes near the mara area, or the life regen nodes near the centre, depends on your preference and needs. The extra 3 shield block nodes below the temp starting area are a must, an extra 4% block (21% from passives) plus an extra 30% defense on your shield (if it has 1k armour it's a nice bonus with Determination). You could even skip the 4 armour nodes, and go grab the regen AND life passives.

It's also an option to grab the 4 life nodes near Elemental Equilibrium up top, instead of the Armour nodes. Depends on how your armour situation is going.

Gear and Skills

Lightning Strike Your main attack, this will be your primary weapon for bosses and mobs in general.
+ Weapon Elemental Damage
+ Melee Physical Damage
+ Faster Attacks

5-Link
+ Added Fire Damage
6-Link
+ Life Leech or Chain or Mana Leech

(tbh I haven't thought much on 6-Links lol)

Tempest Shield Your primary defensive skill, giving 4% extra block (with a 29% shield you'd have around 54% block chance) and shocking enemies on block
+ Iron Will
+ Elemental Proliferation
+ Reduced Mana Cost

Elemental Weakness Your curse, since you'll be doing not only lightning damage but added fire, conductivity wouldn't be very productive
+ Increased Duration

Arc Stack this on a totem for dealing out tons of shock charges on enemies
+ Spell Totem
+ Chain
+ Elemental Proliferation

Determination + Wrath + Anger + Reduced Mana Cost
Discipline + Clarity + Reduced Mana Cost

You may want to add Haste if you really decide you want another aura.

If you don't have room on your gear for everything, just prioritize on what you need at the time, obviously you want your chest/boost/gloves/helm to be 4-Linked (5 for the chest preferably but not required) and a 3 link shield and sceptre.

You wanna use a sceptre with good Implicit (Crystal and Opal come to mind, with 20% implicit) and it should have RAW damage (Lightning AND Fire ideally) and good Increased Physical damage.

Your chest should be pure armour, with HP.

Your gloves/boots will need pure armour, and HP/Resists.

Your shield should be a tower shield of some sort, with high chance to block (28% or 29%) and high armour plus resists.

Rings and Amulet will need Raw Lightning and Fire damage.

Belt should have good HP and resists.

Templar classes also have many opportunities to take Reduced Mana Cost as a reward, as well as WED and Iron Will.

That's about it. This is the build I will be trying in Open Beta, I've tested the first segment out and it works well up to Eldritch Battery, and I have got MOST of the other nodes already on my old Lightning Temp and the only issue he has is Mana.. therefore, the build should work well with EB added to the mix. Let me know any feedback.

EDIT: Updated 7/12/2012, fixed broken tree links.
I AM ERROR
Última edição por Bloodlash em 6 de dez de 2012 21:28:09
Awesome man!
Seems very solid, ill have to give this build a shot with my other templar in legacy.

I would switch up 2 things though :

1. Instead of grabbing the 40% armor near the center grab the 34% Life right below Elemental Equilibrium.

2. I've found tempest shield to be somewhat weak for a damage source, so instead of Iron Will I've thrown in Increased Critical Strikes - More Criticals more Shock stacks :D!

IGN Suojata
Arc is not a projectile IIRC, so LMP won't work with it, chain would be the support you want for it...

EDIT: btw i just recently described my lighning strike templar in the build of the week topic: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55050/page/7 (2nd post on the page i linked) and it works like a charm (at least for now in low lvl maps - the highest map i got was lvl 63 (and i'm 64 - but IIRC i was 63 when i did that map))
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Última edição por Sony_Black em 25 de nov de 2012 13:18:55
"
CNKalmah escreveu:
Awesome man!
Seems very solid, ill have to give this build a shot with my other templar in legacy.

I would switch up 2 things though :

1. Instead of grabbing the 40% armor near the center grab the 34% Life right below Elemental Equilibrium.

2. I've found tempest shield to be somewhat weak for a damage source, so instead of Iron Will I've thrown in Increased Critical Strikes - More Criticals more Shock stacks :D!

Yeah that's certainly an option with the life over armour, i'm not there yet so I'll need to evaluate my armour and hp at the time, but you are most likely correct. The thing I like about this build is that you can take HP/Armour/DPS/Mana, they are all accessible depending on your needs at the time.

Yeah Iron Will doesn't give that much of an increased hit to Tempest Shield, havcen't tried Increased Critical, will give that a shot.

"
Arc is not a projectile IIRC, so LMP won't work with it, chain would be the support you want for it...

Indeed :D thanks for pointing that one out for me, I'll correct that. Shall check out your build.

EDIT: your build is very similar to my current Templar build, my main reason for making this one was EB so I don't NEED mana leech or regen on gear, I can prioritise more dps/life. How do you manage your mana?
I AM ERROR
Última edição por Bloodlash em 26 de nov de 2012 09:44:00
"
Bloodlash escreveu:
EDIT: your build is very similar to my current Templar build, my main reason for making this one was EB so I don't NEED mana leech or regen on gear, I can prioritise more dps/life. How do you manage your mana?

Yeah EB might not be a good idae for mana management...
I run Clarity and far above 100% increased mana regen (gear + passives) and it seems it is just barely enough, but it works :P
EB would be interestins since my ES is only around 200, so it doesn't give that much survivability, though EB is a bit to far for me (and so many other nodes i would like to get :P i guess i'll stay with the mana regen ;))
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Última edição por Sony_Black em 26 de nov de 2012 09:51:47
Staves(tought no lighting shield)
Crit
Non Crit

I suggest going in the mara area for more block life and regene (barricade is a kick ass shield passive) and to take che 12% block chance applied to spells node in the temp
and we can decide to crit or don't crit(to crit there is galvanic hammer wich is very good)
Wondering if Knockback would be good to run on Tempest Shield, trying to think of other supports to enhance it, so far Increased Critical and Iron Will (Although I'm not sure about running critical with my low crit chance, whether it will make enough of a difference)
I AM ERROR
How well this build does in end-game PvP? Have you tried it?
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Im doing this builds on my very first HC char as we speak and its working out great so far.

A nice mix of defensive and offensive passives in the first 20 levels makes it a safe starter for HC imo, we shall see how it ends up working out for higher difficulities, also i wont be moving all the way up to EB, but i liked the build in general with the skillgem setup and playstyle.

Instead of heading to EB i'll be getting some more defensive nodes elsewhere.
Something like this perhaps;

Thoughts on that path?

*Looks like your buildlinks aint working, did they patch the skilltree or something?
Última edição por Armleg em 6 de dez de 2012 03:54:58
can u remake this one? the skills dissapeard in the patch!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional