1.0.1b Patch Notes

"
runnin17 escreveu:
So they log the deaths, but are not able to log the gear? Yeah, that doesn't sound right. There has to be a record of the stuff at least for 24-48 hours.

That whole alpha member thing under your name doesn't mean much I see.

Stop making excuses for GGG. How would you feel if you died to a bug. GGG admits it was a bug, you are now in standard where you unloaded all your gear because how should you know you died to a bug. Then GGG puts your naked toon back in HC league, lol.

That is just retarded. The toon is nothing without gear and everyone knows that.

Wait 5 minutes and you'll have some guy here saying "you don't know computers and programming, it's complicated lololol" and then saying somehow that this means you have no right to voice your concerns.
"
Xapti escreveu:
Just because it can doesn't mean it does. Just because it does, doesn't mean it saves it and logs it. If every time someone died all their gear and other information was logged, it would add a bunch of additional overhead for the server, and use up additional storage space. It would probably be a lot less for deaths only tied specifically to hardcore (because there's less players and they die less), but I don't know if they would implement such a thing for only hardcore. Maybe they would/did.

Hmm, that sounds like BAD PROGRAMMING TO ME.

Imagine some professional programmer working in an investment bank saying to his boss "well these important bits of info weren't saved because our servers suck, plus it wouldn't be efficient, and it involves a lot of technical bits I'm sure your dumbass couldn't wrap your simple mind around, so I didn't write code to do it. Don't blame me just cause we lost 10 million".

Somehow I don't think he would earn a promotion.
Última edição por elitedesolator em 13 de nov de 2013 22:17:14
"
elitedesolator escreveu:
"
Xapti escreveu:
Just because it can doesn't mean it does. Just because it does, doesn't mean it saves it and logs it. If every time someone died all their gear and other information was logged, it would add a bunch of additional overhead for the server, and use up additional storage space. It would probably be a lot less for deaths only tied specifically to hardcore (because there's less players and they die less), but I don't know if they would implement such a thing for only hardcore. Maybe they would/did.

Hmm, that sounds like BAD PROGRAMMING TO ME.
I disagree and think it may be looking at massively online game programming naively, but I could be wrong.
That said, things like inventory and gear is usually backed up periodically but not frequently (for rollback purposes). I can't say how frequently because it varies, but that's one potential way the information could be stored.
If you can get a reply from GGG, see what they say about it.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Última edição por Xapti em 15 de nov de 2013 07:47:23
Im liking how the game is coming along! Keep up the good work GGG!
Really appreciate the quick patches GGG :D
"
elitedesolator escreveu:

Wait 5 minutes and you'll have some guy here saying "you don't know computers and programming, it's complicated lololol" and then saying somehow that this means you have no right to voice your concerns.

It's not complicated, it just costs money, everything costs money. Character restores take time. Time is money.

Someone has to pull the old data(assuming it wasn't purged by the time the investigation started), someone has to do the investigation/verification(figuring out where the heck all the items you had before/after death went to, and whether they can be brought back without screwing someone else in the process, and check to see if you really died where you said you did/why you did, basically whether you're full of shit or not), and restore it and over-write the current records for your account, while making sure your old records don't conflict with new records(1.0.0 vs 1.0.1). Then write you a happy email telling you what they did.

All that for one character, in a free-to-play game, where they probably got at most 2 people doing this all day. I'd be surprised if two people could restore more than 50 characters a day in 8 hours. That's a restoration every 20 minutes or so with nothing in between from start to finish.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional