*** lvl 100 Gellig tanking bosses, world firsts, going AFK at bosses, etc - updated 2/16/15 ***

Hi,

I thought it would be fun to share videos of the various Map bosses in the game from a melee tank perspective (including some non-boss fights) in one consolidated post, plus some videos of the more challenging mods/bosses and other random stuff. Certain mobs aren’t officially bosses (like Kole, Exiles, etc), but I included some of them and can post more if you like. I also included the Normal/Cruel/Merciless Act bosses for kicks.

If you have any questions or requests to see videos of specific mods on specific bosses, or if there is anything else you want to see, just ask.

Here are some quotes from players in this thread and from my build thread:
Spoiler

"Best Tank in poe, period." - hitreza
"+1 to best tank in POE!" - Marmeduke
"That...was...amazing. Excellent build." - Bowman8763
"love this + 100" - FullCust
"Best Tank in poe, period. +1" - brookeanimals
"Very impressive, best tank I ever seen!" - Hossdelgado
"awesome build..." - EmirSc
"Great build, also vids are amazeing !!" - fkgrechu
"Very very nice build" - Mian_Scaratan
"very very nice build :)" - Nightflowne
"Great guide." - Daresso
"Impressive stuff, mind blown..." - JennaHaze
"best tank ever..." - turtleken
"Great guide!! THE best tank build on POE!" - Soulbr1nger
"The best ever" - uTun
"awesome guide!!" - lokn7
"Amazing build mate" - camapngu133
"Awesome build" - glazn
"King of tanks...THANK YOU!" - whoismiked
"best build ever!" - Mutant890
"GREAT TANK build" - Savaging
"Incredible :)" - Chundadragon
"Amazing" - PaganDK
"Awesome" - zanosaur
"very very nice build" - xemoon
"Best tank in Wraeclast!" - Grindrix
"best guide ever" - Gusti_POE
"That Uber Atziri facetank is beyond amazing." - moozooh
"Awesome guide." - gewgleit
"amazing build" - TMHChaser
"awesome!" - rk2_Luna_Sea

NOTE -- some videos have tweaked gear/specs. Don't try the crazy stuff without really knowing the game or expect to die. PM me for help if you run into problems. Most of these vids were done as a variant of my Pure Tank spec.

Act bosses

level 66 Map bosses

level 67 Map bosses

level 68 Map bosses

level 69 Map bosses

level 70 Map bosses

level 71 Map bosses

level 72 Map bosses

level 73 Map bosses

level 74 Map bosses

level 75 Map bosses

level 76 Map bosses

level 77 Map bosses

level 78 Map bosses
Spoiler

level 78 Courtyard Oriath’s Vengeance Oriath’s Vigil Oriath’s Virtue melee facetank
level 78 Palace Dominus melee facetank

Compare the World First Palace Dominus kill below and the facetank one above and you can see what a difference (13 mins vs 2.5 mins) the same fight can be after you know the fight and you have no risk of loss on dying due to just having levelled (vs being mid 94th level where I was during the World First).

Interesting fights/mods/times
World First level 78 Courtyard minus max double boss melee facetank
level 78 Courtyard Double Boss Minus Max Melee Facetank at same time – 2/5/14
level 78 Courtyard Double Bosses afking – too much ice! – 12/30/13
World First level 78 Palace Dominus Kill
World First level 78 Palace Dominus minus max double boss melee tank
level 78 Palace Dominus Vulnerability Chain in a small group - 12/30/13
level 78 Palace Dominus afking – edited out middle of fight due to Temporal Chains and on Ice – 12/30/13
level 78 Palace always the bridesmaid... in party as guildie dings 100! - 1/12/14

That being said, someone asked me why WB out of TOG? The answer is simple, risk. There is always some risk potential based on crits, shock stacks on bad position due to desyncs, etc. But, maybe you fell asleep at the keyboard...
level 78 Dominus Minus 23 Max + Boss Speed going AFK – 1/28/14
World First level 78 Palace Double Boss Minus Max Melee Facetank at same time – 1/31/14

level 79 Map bosses

The Apex of Sacrifice bosses

The Alluring Abyss bosses
Spoiler

Level 80 The Alluring Abyss Double Vaal Bosses melee facetank - 7/6/14
Level 80 The Alluring Abyss Trio Bosses melee facetank - 7/6/14
World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Trio Bosses afking - 7/6/14
World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Uber Queen Atziri melee facetank - 7/6/14 (World First using no flasks; also World First life-based melee, solo, no deaths, using <= 3 auras which is what most life-based melee have -- NOTE: I significantly changed my build to optimize for this fight)
Spoiler
I was going to create a whole guide on Uber Atziri et others, but since people were asking for info sooner rather than later, I figured I would just explain quickly instead with this post.

Re: links in the staff in my original vid: Shockwave Totem, Chance to Flee, Increased AOE, Faster Casting, Increased Duration (so you don't need to recast it during spawn phase -- though you don't need this), Blood Magic (if your mana is an issue -- though if you 4 link it you don't need it). I would link it but I already have changed the colors for another set of tests I was doing for something else. However, use DD instead (read below).

For kicks, if you want to use a melee skill to get past her spawn phase, you can also use Ground Slam/Chance to Flee or Lightning Strike (Ground Slam is safer). Here is a quick vid snippet using Ground Slam for a low dps character in the spawn phase to show you how it can work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7mjWEhmARI&feature=youtu.be

That being said, Double Doryani is way better, and you don't even need Desecrate since they are undead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxV2P2XzEow&feature=youtu.be

My recommendation for the easiest and safest clearing of spawn phase for a low dps, and refills your flasks, is Double Doryani:

Drop your Shockwave Totem/Increased Duration/Chance to Flee once at beginning of spawn phase (not really needed, by why not), and then just DD/Chance to Ignite/Conc Effect (you could also probably try Inc AOE instead of Chance to Ignite if you want).

As I stated, I changed my build significantly for Uber Queen. It is statistically doable with default Aegis builds variants, but there is a much higher chance you will die (I wish they didn't gate Uber to allow more people to try things), thus I went Safelli's and Evasion. My personal goal was to finish the content as a melee tank without dying (plus some other constraints):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQW1DjwOrRDwFHUWbxcvGNsZhRo4GlUabB0UIWAkqiXfJy8oxTBxMHwyATboNuk6QjpSPfxAoEKjQ5xE50d-S3hMNVFHU99USVXGVdZXDVhjWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZOdlTWaebmlyqXRBdO108XYId9d673zZfyuApITZhO-LT4zPjX2Nv49GkFWQdJHOmyabg57NoLSkrKcwp4SoGKp_qrisqqyvr6KyGbvtvJ--p8AaxLjGosbYzNvPZc960NDSIdQj1fjWit2o42rjn-RR567o1usU7w7yL_MG877z3fZI9zL3vvrS-6o=

I've done her with a couple tweaks to the above as well -- and I always like to encourage people to try different things to explore the game.

These are the main item changes I incorporated (I also tried a pair of crappy evasion gloves):

Spell Echo is very useful for keeping EC up, and I recommend it. IC makes The 2nd Trio fight a joke, and it helps in the first. Note, I didn't use Spell Echo for Uber Queen, but I'm now using it for times where I'm casting EC. I also recommend simply Spell Echo/EC & IC for the dungeon as it makes it a joke as well.

That's it for now. Stay positive folks, it is just a game :)

World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Uber Queen Atziri afking - 7/12/14
World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Uber Atziri Quad phase AFK – 8/2/14

Misc & Exiles

Top 4 nastiest bosses/mods in game (imho)
Spoiler

After having fought thousands of bosses in this game, imho for a melee nothing beats:

-- Uber Queen Atziri (she is #1 for melee, and for most builds)
-- Double Crema Minus Max melee facetanking them at the same time
-- Double Palace Minus Max melee facetanking at same time (eating the TOG risk and not repositioning out of streams, totems, shock, etc)
-- Double 72 Torture Chamber Boss Minus Max melee facetanking at same time.

Without minus max (and without facetanking), Crema and Torture chamber basically become a joke. However, add in melee facetanking and minus max, and they become nasty. Add in Double for even more fun. Palace can always be nasty, given shock stacks and crits on TOG. Adding in minus max and facetank .. fun. So, when people ask what the nastiest bosses are in game? It all depends on the mods... However, generally speaking I’d say Uber Queen Atziri is #1, 78 Dominus is #2 (assuming the nastiest mods), and everything else follows.

World First level 76 Crematorium Minus Max Double Megaera at the same time melee facetank
Note, I didn’t use Enfeeble (or health pots ;) for the above fight.

Here is another I did shortly after but decided to use Enfeeble (the fight was much easier due to the curse I used, even though it’s another 5 minus max):
level 76 Crematorium Minus Max Double Megaera at same time melee facetank

Here is yet another one I did at -25 max:
level 76 Crematorium Minus Max (-25) Double Megaera at same time melee facetank - 12/30/13

World First level 72 Torture Chamber Double Boss Minus Max Melee Facetank at same time – 1/31/14
I actually found a neat melee skill to gimp this fight and still melee facetank it ezmode, but I won’t spoil it for you ;)

World First level 78 Palace Double Boss Minus Max Melee Facetank at same time – 1/31/14

World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Uber Queen Atziri melee facetank - 7/6/14 (World First using no flasks; also World First life-based melee, solo, no deaths, using <= 3 auras which is what most life-based melee have -- NOTE: I significantly changed my build to optimize for this fight)
Spoiler
I was going to create a whole guide on Uber Atziri et others, but since people were asking for info sooner rather than later, I figured I would just explain quickly instead with this post.

Re: links in the staff in my original vid: Shockwave Totem, Chance to Flee, Increased AOE, Faster Casting, Increased Duration (so you don't need to recast it during spawn phase -- though you don't need this), Blood Magic (if your mana is an issue -- though if you 4 link it you don't need it). I would link it but I already have changed the colors for another set of tests I was doing for something else. However, use DD instead (read below).

For kicks, if you want to use a melee skill to get past her spawn phase, you can also use Ground Slam/Chance to Flee or Lightning Strike (Ground Slam is safer). Here is a quick vid snippet using Ground Slam for a low dps character in the spawn phase to show you how it can work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7mjWEhmARI&feature=youtu.be

That being said, Double Doryani is way better, and you don't even need Desecrate since they are undead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxV2P2XzEow&feature=youtu.be

My recommendation for the easiest and safest clearing of spawn phase for a low dps, and refills your flasks, is Double Doryani:

Drop your Shockwave Totem/Increased Duration/Chance to Flee once at beginning of spawn phase (not really needed, by why not), and then just DD/Chance to Ignite/Conc Effect (you could also probably try Inc AOE instead of Chance to Ignite if you want).

As I stated, I changed my build significantly for Uber Queen. It is statistically doable with default Aegis builds variants, but there is a much higher chance you will die (I wish they didn't gate Uber to allow more people to try things), thus I went Safelli's and Evasion. My personal goal was to finish the content as a melee tank without dying (plus some other constraints):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQW1DjwOrRDwFHUWbxcvGNsZhRo4GlUabB0UIWAkqiXfJy8oxTBxMHwyATboNuk6QjpSPfxAoEKjQ5xE50d-S3hMNVFHU99USVXGVdZXDVhjWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZOdlTWaebmlyqXRBdO108XYId9d673zZfyuApITZhO-LT4zPjX2Nv49GkFWQdJHOmyabg57NoLSkrKcwp4SoGKp_qrisqqyvr6KyGbvtvJ--p8AaxLjGosbYzNvPZc960NDSIdQj1fjWit2o42rjn-RR567o1usU7w7yL_MG877z3fZI9zL3vvrS-6o=

I've done her with a couple tweaks to the above as well -- and I always like to encourage people to try different things to explore the game.

These are the main item changes I incorporated (I also tried a pair of crappy evasion gloves):

Spell Echo is very useful for keeping EC up, and I recommend it. IC makes The 2nd Trio fight a joke, and it helps in the first. Note, I didn't use Spell Echo for Uber Queen, but I'm now using it for times where I'm casting EC. I also recommend simply Spell Echo/EC & IC for the dungeon as it makes it a joke as well.

That's it for now. Stay positive folks, it is just a game :)

AFKing for fun at bosses

Updates:
Spoiler

12/28/13:
level 77 Shrine Torr Olgosso
level 78 Palace Eoin Greyfur
level 78 Courtyard Thena Moga

12/30/13:
level 76 Crematorium Minus Max (-25) Double Megaera at same time melee facetank
level 78 Palace Dominus Vulnerability Chain in a small group
level 76 Crematorium Megaera Blood Magic Chain melee facetank
level 76 Crema Double Megaera afking
level 77 Shrine Piety Minus Max GMP Frenzy afking
level 78 Courtyard Double Bosses afking – too much ice!
level 78 Palace Dominus afking – edited out middle of fight due to Temporal Chains and on Ice

12/31/13:
level 78 Palace Ash Lessard

1/2/14:
level 76 Academy Double Boss Minus Max (-25) Vulnerability melee facetank

1/12/14:
level 77 Shrine Piety tanking with over 24k life & es
level 78 Palace always the bridesmaid... in party as guildie dings 100!
level 78 Palace Damoi Tui

1/28/14:
level 78 Courtyard Armios Bell
level 78 Dominus Minus 23 Max + Boss Speed and going AFK

1/29/14:
level 77 Shrine Piety Double boss -- lol 8 bit graphics!

1/31/14:
level 72 Torture Chamber Double Boss Minus Max Melee Facetank at same time
level 78 Palace Double Boss Minus Max Melee Facetank at same time

2/5/14:
level 74 Residence Double Boss Minus Max melee facetank at same time
level 74 Maze Double Boss Minus Max melee facetank at same time
level 77 Shipyard Double Boss Minus Max +Dmg melee facetank at same time
level 77 Shrine Double Boss Minus Max +Dmg +Speed LMP melee facetank at same time
level 78 Courtyard Double Boss Minus Max melee facetank at same time (re-uploaded next day)

3/12/14:
Apex of Sacrifice Vessel of the Vaal melee facetank in a dpsish spec
Apex of Sacrifice trio bosses melee facetank in a dpsish spec
Apex of Sacrifice Queen Atziri melee facetank in a dpsish spec
Apex of Sacrifice Queen Atziri melee facetank in a tank spec
New (world first I believe) outfit.
(World first?)Level 79 Vaal Temple Trio bosses Minus Max No Curses after kill vid

3/15/14
Level 79 Vaal Temple Trio bosses double reflect
Level 79 Vaal Temple Trio bosses… lots of teety beetches lol

3/22/14:
level 78 Palace Igna Phoenix and Jonah Unchained

4/13/14:
Level 79 Vaal Temple Trio bosses fracture chain duo with guildy (bugged after kill)
Level 79 Vaal Temple Trio bosses another duo
Apex of Sacrifice Queen Atziri quad Atziris going AFK

5/4/14:
Apex of Sacrifice Queen Atziri going AFK

7/6/14:
Level 80 The Alluring Abyss Double Vaal Bosses melee facetank
Level 80 The Alluring Abyss Trio Bosses melee facetank
World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Trio Bosses afking
World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Uber Queen Atziri melee facetank (World First using no flasks; also World First life-based melee, solo, no deaths, using <= 3 auras which is what most life-based melee have -- NOTE: I significantly changed my build to optimize for this fight)

7/12/14:
World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Uber Queen Atziri afking

8/2/14:
World First level 79 Vaal Trio Chain no Curse AFK before killing anyone
World First level 80 The Alluring Abyss Uber Atziri Quad phase AFK

2/7/15:
level 69 Abaxoth with a ton of corrupted mods
World First level 69 Hall of Grandmasters full clear no deaths solo melee facetank I only found 1 ranged solo full clear no deaths... other than that I only saw death clears or group clears.

2/14/15:
level 75 Death and Taxes final boss afking

2/16/15:
level 69 Hall of Grandmasters final NPCs afking
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Última edição por Mortezzah em 3 de mai de 2015 01:59:33
Best Tank in poe, period.

With this build is it possible to run full IIR IIQ gear with x2 andvarius?
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
"
With this build is it possible to run full IIR IIQ gear with x2 andvarius?

Anything is possible... but you would need to re-optimize the build depending on your goals.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Impressive. I guess you use aegis aurora though ?
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
"
Velkor escreveu:
Impressive. I guess you use aegis aurora though ?

Thanks, and yes.

I just posted a bunch of updates, including AFKing at 78 Courtyard Double Boss, AFKing at 77 Shrine Piety Minus Max GMP Frenzy, and AFKing at 78 Dominus. For the AFK vids I cut my dps in 1/2 (down to ~10k) and took more defensive nodes... It sucked fighting Dominus w/ Temp Chains mods (effectively another 50% of your DPS gone) and slowed on ice (even more more dps gone)... was slowed in Courtyard ice, too. Didn't feel like repositioning off the ice given the AFK vid ;)
Última edição por Mortezzah em 30 de dez de 2013 10:34:32
best tank ever...
just check the video to see for yourself....
mental
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
3 cheers for gell.

always a pleasure running meeps with you!
Ign @screenmelting
This just shows how powerful a character can be with the right items and a well executed passive tree.

very impressive work gz and gl on lvl 100!
"
hitreza escreveu:
Best Tank in poe, period.

+1.

Incredible vids.. Love the AFK ones!! Double crema -25 resistances at same time without ever running to heal for entire fight is insane!!

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional