Summoners please read.

The post quoted in this thread is not saying snapshotting is here to stay or how we want minions to always work. It's just pointing out a reason why simply removing the snapshotting causes other problems as well.

We're aware that snapshotting is a problem, but the knee-jerk reaction of just removing all snapshotting isn't particularly better, just bad in different ways. This is an issue we're trying to address long term, but finding the correct solution takes time and effort, and we'd rather do that than a quick fix that makes things just as bad* in different ways.

*This is my opinion, some members of the team have come to the conclusion that while still clearly non-ideal, the no-snapshotting case is still better. So that might still happena s a temporary measure at some point, which would at least allow us to start balancing things around there being no abuse of snapshotting.
Última edição por Mark_GGG em 21 de jan de 2014 17:59:36
"
xxWarcallsxx escreveu:

look in your options. you can turn on health bars for your minions, as well as enemies.

Oh I know that, I play with both turned on all the time. But when you have 20 bars, a whole bunch of AoE and mobs bars...do you really know which are your spectres? Why not have a quick glance at the top inside of sorting through bars in a pile of graphics?!?
Yes. Losing high level spectres to game bugs or internet issues is awful.

I was kinda hoping it would come in 1.0.6
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
It's pretty easy to just imagine solutions, but actually implementing and coding them is another beast all together.

That doesnt stop me from dreaming on the day my spectres persist through logout...

Like, if it was handled like a micro transaction, were it's local all the gem.

'flame sentinel'
'undying evangelist'

You zone, it checks links and produces the spectre

Thats my personal pipe dream.
+1

It would be very convenient, especially for those of us who actually use Spectres.
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:
The post quoted in this thread is not saying snapshotting is here to stay or how we want minions to always work. It's just pointing out a reason why simply removing the snapshotting causes other problems as well.

We're aware that snapshotting is a problem, but the knee-jerk reaction of just removing all snapshotting isn't particularly better, just bad in different ways. This is an issue we're trying to address long term, but finding the correct solution takes time and effort, and we'd rather do that than a quick fix that makes things just as bad* in different ways.

*This is my opinion, some members of the team have come to the conclusion that while still clearly non-ideal, the no-snapshotting case is still better. So that might still happena s a temporary measure at some point, which would at least allow us to start balancing things around there being no abuse of snapshotting.

nice, finally an official post about stance on snapshotting without us having to interpret older posts :)
Última edição por grepman em 21 de jan de 2014 18:54:40
pretty shure spectures in their current state could not handle taking the floor out atm.
i hope they think long and hard. talk to some at GGG who play's a summoner PLZ.
"
Mark_GGG escreveu:

Thank for this clarification.

Now can you please tell us why summonses basically are bared from being able to pvp? I wonder how most classes would feel if u told melee or a bow spec they can't use weapons or bows when they go into pvp room because it's too hard to code sorry guys.
:)
+1

Probably going to quit being a summoner next league because of how tedious summoning specters are.
Not to derail your thread, but there was a time in Closed Beta when summons died every Zone change.

I get the feeling that pretty soon Zombies and specters will persist throughout login/logout.

What I would personally love is being able to "implant" a mob type (inclusive of its max level) on a specter gem so I wouldn't have to go hunting for "good" specters if by chance one dies, just raise it if any corpse.

However, if there is an implant, then you can only have that mob-type of specter summoned, all other mob-type specters insta-die
Última edição por frmar122 em 21 de jan de 2014 20:19:14

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional