PoE vs Grim Dawn

"
ReZar escreveu:
"
one feature from the main page that immediately stands out compared to poe:

"Refined loot system drops less junk items and ensures more consistent rewards from hero and boss monsters."

any can claim this is true?

Sounds like the revamped D3 loot system.

If loot is too easy to get you won't be playing for very long.

oh an arpg that actually drops loot instead of waiting for rng/d2jsping to do it for u?
hmm
"

oh an arpg that actually drops loot instead of waiting for rng/d2jsping to do it for u?
hmm

Just remember, the faster you climb the item spiral, the faster you'll get bored of the game. This is certainly true for D3 on consoles, but it might not be a problem with Grim Dawn because there's actually build diversity in that game...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion escreveu:
"

hmm

Just remember, the faster you climb the item spiral, the faster you'll get bored of the game. This is certainly true for D3 on consoles, but it might not be a problem with Grim Dawn because there's actually build diversity in that game...

you climb the item spiral fast with d2 as well and is still played after 10+ years.

gameplay and proper crafting (not the pseudo crafting poe has) is still key, GD is still alpha so i reserve my expectations.
"
"Refined loot system drops less junk items and ensures more consistent rewards from hero and boss monsters."

Go ahead and fall for this marketing spiel bs

The yield curve will shift to the right and then you'll QQ that your gear is crap again.

Oh, then you'll go to modDB and download a mod that makes the game drop only rares.

Then the next day you'll uninstall Grim Dawn.

VS POE: you'll still be playing POE two years later despite all your craploot QQ.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
Crackmonster escreveu:

I'll give it this though, the atmosphere is the darkest i have played since D1. But yea, it's a bit like titan quest in some ways so it isn't off the best branch of ARPG's like PoE is :P

TQ has no shame to any arpg. It was top class clone, that improved many of original concepts.
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
TQ with soulvizier mod is something i play even today along with poe, the loot system is the BEST PART period.

The idea of having every single monster dropping the items they are wearing which you can recognize and look out for, the monsters are actually using the said items making a boss wielding a legendary weapon something that you do not want to encounter with a hc character.

Farming specific kind of monsters for that one rare piece of equipent which is only worn by the specific specie, just to use it to make the ultimate level item is fun, you are literally hunting for loot and not just mindlessly going for the highest monster/hour count. That shit is fun and im fairly certain grim dawn will surely have it. So they stating that the loot will be actually useful is something i can can believe.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
Última edição por DevilsmilE em 8 de fev de 2014 11:06:05
"
DevilsmilE escreveu:
TQ with soulvizier mod is something i play even today along with poe, the loot system is the BEST PART period.

The idea of having every single monster dropping the items they are wearing which you can recognize and look out for, the monsters are actually using the said items making a boss wielding a legendary weapon something that you do not want to encounter with a hc character.

Farming specific kind of monsters for that one rare piece of equipent which is only worn by the specific specie, just to use it to make the ultimate level item is fun, you are literally hunting for loot and not just mindlessly going for the highest monster/hour count. That shit is fun and im fairly certain grim dawn will surely have it. So they stating that the loot will be actually useful is something i can can believe.

This.

Guild Wars (1) had it too, I remember farming specific monsters for hours hoping to see one wearing THAT one shield I was looking for...

If only PoE added this feature, it would be amazing. Imagine yourself in a map while you suddenly see a bone archer wearing a purple voltaxic bow..
D2 4ever ;)
Since 2011
Última edição por MrPom em 8 de fev de 2014 11:28:23
"
one feature from the main page that immediately stands out compared to poe:

any can claim this is true?

Not yet, but I think it's coming within the month. I heard them mention it in one of their dev updates.

Either way the game, even now, is amazing. While it's only got one act, it's extremely polished for an alpha to the point where there's only a handful of bugs, and it's not too badly optimized. Classes aren't all that well balanced, but all classes can be viable if you've got skill since there aren't really any unfair scenarios.

I'd definitely recommend checking it out, it doesn't feel all that steampunky, it just feels a bit more modern. Even now it beats PoE in everything except development speed and character flexibility.

EDIT: Oh, and perfect/great gear is not a requirement in this game. Sure, it definitely helps, but it's not required to progress. Compared to PoE where you need dual res high life and links on all your items, you get by with what you have in Grim Dawn.

It's only an alpha, and things can change, but so far this is what I've noticed
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Última edição por Fire_Kid em 8 de fev de 2014 11:41:15
"
MrPom escreveu:
"
DevilsmilE escreveu:

This.

Guild Wars (1) had it too, I remember farming specific monsters for hours hoping to see one wearing THAT one shield I was looking for...

If only PoE added this feature, it would be amazing. Imagine yourself in a map while you suddenly see a bone archer wearing a purple voltaxic bow..

Wow, that sounds plain awesome. Too bad we will never see it in PoE, too many non-humanoid mobs.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
At the moment Poe is better than Grim Dawn but Grim Dawn is catching it and will soon surpass POE IMHO. Grim Dawn loot drops actually allow you to upgrade your items from drops unlike POE where trade is the key.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional