PoE vs Grim Dawn

"
Thorien_Kell escreveu:
"
Crackmonster escreveu:

I'll give it this though, the atmosphere is the darkest i have played since D1. But yea, it's a bit like titan quest in some ways so it isn't off the best branch of ARPG's like PoE is :P

TQ has no shame to any arpg. It was top class clone, that improved many of original concepts.

Yes it was good if you liked that style, but it, in some way, didn't have that same dark gothic action focused appeal that D2 and PoE has. I don't know why, it just didnt make me go crazy at all, played through it couple of times, played with my brother and some others, but it never really caught me. D1 and D2 was instant, so was PoE.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
If anyone is interested in Grim Dawn I would suggest doing Youtube searches for up to date (B16) videos Like Fire_Kids.

There are others on the official forums with Twitch and YT channels posted on the forums.

If you're still interested after watching those vids/channels I would suggest buying it now rather than later because the price will go up at release.Just always keep in mind that it's alpha,there will be bugs,your chracter/build may break after an update,drop rates and mob density and balance is in flux and optimization is low priority for now.

Hope that helps.

I'll also tell you this about Grim Dawn. It is fucking hard.

I'm getting my ass kicked like mad dying all over the place extremely early in the game. Die like nothing and there is seemingly no way to become so fat you are just facerolling.

I was watching some dev on youtube the otherday showcasing the game and he ended up in a whipefest dying like 5 times to the same rare monster, finally killing it to what appears to be his own great satisfaction.

Very hard rofl, i think it will be a good game.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
ReZar escreveu:
"
one feature from the main page that immediately stands out compared to poe:

"Refined loot system drops less junk items and ensures more consistent rewards from hero and boss monsters."

any can claim this is true?

Sounds like the revamped D3 loot system.

If loot is too easy to get you won't be playing for very long.

that's fine, i don't need every game i play to entertain me for hundreds of hours to be considered good.
Wow, them explosions, gun shots, demolishing walls and rotating camera. God damn.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I posted this in the other thread about GD
Here's a comment I made on a gaming blog about GD. It reflects my current stance:

---

Imagine a continuum of ARPG complexity. On one side, the power fantasy/simplicity one, you have D3 (sadly). Very close to it stands (unmodded) Torchlight II. And on the other side of it, that of character planning and long-term investment, you have Path of Exile with its difficulty and complex, layered systems and detailed character customization.

Grim Dawn currently is right in the middle of that continuum. I have no doubt that it will hit the sweet spot for many. It’s my favourite after Path of Exile.

Source and ARPG experience: Supported PoE with a literal fuckton of money. Bought Grim Dawn loyalist package, was not disappointed. Cleared D3 pre-Inferno nerf. Also fond of Din’s Curse. Haven’t played Drox Operative yet.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Última edição por ephetat em 10 de fev de 2014 05:52:27
Just to you know, our own Pohx got into Grim Dawn recently and he's making a video series on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6YrKL2Mbz8
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
ReZar escreveu:

Sounds like the revamped D3 loot system.

If loot is too easy to get you won't be playing for very long.

Oh please stop with the non-sense. The characters I've played the longest in PoE are those for which I had uber gears. They are also the characters that make me want to return to the game.

Those characters I was unable to find/buy top tier gear, they were just tedious to map with, and made me take breaks from the game when I got fed up.

So I feel completely the opposite of what you're talking about. Make good loot easy to get, it makes the game more fun.
Última edição por Thalandor em 10 de fev de 2014 10:18:48
+1
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Hey everyone.

Lucky enough that my computer saved my password otherwise I'd have to create another account.

Anyways, though I haven't played much of PoE (Note avatar lol - this isn't my game though I did try it) I have logged over 400 hours into Grim Dawn.

So I'll just answer a few of the questions/comments that are being discussed in this thread, though I'm just a fan of the game and thus do not have information for everything.

On to the questions/comments:

Spoiler
"am I right that this game has steam punk elements?"
No it isn't steam punk. It's more like Victorian era in that their is the transition of medieval weaponry going into gun powder ranged weapons (there are guns/crossbows). So there are still melee weapons like swords, axes, knives, and a lot of other items that aren't yet in the game. Also there is magic as well both before the Grim Dawn (apocalypse) and after when the Aetherials (undead/mutant creature things) introduced Aetherial energy to the world of Cairn which warps living things resulting in mutated creatures and your character adapting to this odd power. There is lore that better explains it in game.

"Refined loot system drops less junk items and ensures more consistent rewards from hero and boss monsters."
The first 10 or so levels you will find white and yellow items so it may seem a bit slow. But eventually rare/green and epic/blue items will start to drop which can make the item hunt a lot more enjoyable especially since they can have interesting skills (active, passive, proc on hit, proc when struck, etc...). Rare/yellow items can still be good in that they can have a high maximum roll and thus the itemization in Grim Dawn is a bit more competitive so the only trashy items left on the ground would be white items (or if you are feeling OP, yellow as well).

Also Relics, Legendary items and the crafting system aren't in the game so far (though there is partial crafting when it comes to item components - used to enhance items with more stats and can also give skills).

Plus there is a thing called Monster Infrequents where a particular enemy will drop a specific item. One example is a Chthonic Cultist Leader named Salazar who has a chance to drop his own weapon with unique stats and the ability to summon a Harbinger. This item can also receive more affixes if you are lucky (mine had 4% life and 22% attack speed, the AS is quite good).

"combat isn't quite as fluid and building characters isn't quite as free in choice."
Combat is better then Titan Quest. It really depends on what skill build you are using and also the gear since there is movement speed, attack speed, and casting speed which can make the fighting faster. Again early levels it may seem to be slow. One character I have in Act 2 is quite enjoyable when it comes to dual wielding a weapon that can proc an ability that gives hp regen and % armor absorption for a few seconds while the second weapon has a proc on attack to have a lightning bolt shoot down dealing some nice AoE lightning damage with a stun. Combine that with dual wielding skills, shadow strike, and pneumatic burst for attack speed and my character pretty much dances group to group while becoming a swirling vortex of fire and lightning (fire with other skills.

Sorry for the lengthy paragraphs but I want this to be a bit more organized and not too spaced out when it comes to answering the different quotes.

I'll continue on with part 2.
Última edição por DeMasked em 13 de fev de 2014 05:05:05

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional