Blood Magic - Dominating Blow - Really Tanky

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to melee characters so I have a few questions about this build than I'm planing. First of all, is this playble?? / is vaal pact a good choice here?? / I'd like to have a totem (just because I like them), any sugestions??? / Also, I don't have lots of ideas for my support skills

PASSIVE TREE

MAIN SKILLS
Spoiler

--- Dominating Blow - Melee Splash - Faster Attacks - Life Gain on Hit - Melee Physical Damage - Blood Magic

SUPPORT SKILLS
Spoiler

--- Leap Slam - Cast on Melee Kill - Warlord's Mark - Stun - Endurance Charge on Stun

--- Moltem Shell - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Cast on Damage Taken

--- Reduced Mana - Determination - Anger

--- Spell Totem - Summon Skeletons - Minion Damage

GEAR
Spoiler

--- 2H mace

--- Str Armor

--- Attack Speed / Physical Damage / Life Leach / Life Regen / Max Life

--- Maybe some +1 or +2 to gems if I get lucky

Well that's it, plz give me your opinions and suggestions, and sorry for my bad english :)
Última edição por Lukorama em 13 de fev de 2014 02:49:51
multi - posted, sorry
i think we need BM gem instead, we use aura for mobs
IGN: ottareocac
"
ryantat escreveu:
i think we need BM gem instead, we use aura for mobs

thinking about it, that seems like an awesome idea, but I'll have to chance the passive tree a little, and about the auras, 1 damage and 1 defence???
Última edição por Lukorama em 12 de fev de 2014 04:57:02
Updated the inicial post with the improved passive tree and skill sets
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3Uj_IvGS4n7dlh892sqlcNcqlZ89Ihkc582cAans277ZBVpzCnhAHn974UIBo4NuhQR-w4WK862HgNfLst0qluvorFimxGtfIB3PAfcmxuqjWSpBni6gSzogAyCUrI_o8b-mEhFE0CcT8nTeMl34TvEuGpaF-YpleE2XTtWW0xnmVNbml67x2-R36-p2BLq8UFLb2BQKCZKyFgnrl08RjbW69OKt0NKaWQCvzFZ6CHdkp9rFmI8Q==

I just put this together for you. Basically you want to have auras for your minions so you need to keep away from using blood magic passive. However the BM gem with Dom blow will work nicely. The life on kill nodes are bad efficiency, end of story. This is designed for a 2H, any 2H because there are no blocking nodes.

The point of a dom blow build is to be extremely tanky so that you can bring your minions into battle with you.

Bottom line is you are doing ENORMOUS damage, too much damage. IMO you need at least 175% life as a melee for softcore, and at least 225% life for hardcore.
"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3Uj_IvGS4n7dlh892sqlcNcqlZ89Ihkc582cAans277ZBVpzCnhAHn974UIBo4NuhQR-w4WK862HgNfLst0qluvorFimxGtfIB3PAfcmxuqjWSpBni6gSzogAyCUrI_o8b-mEhFE0CcT8nTeMl34TvEuGpaF-YpleE2XTtWW0xnmVNbml67x2-R36-p2BLq8UFLb2BQKCZKyFgnrl08RjbW69OKt0NKaWQCvzFZ6CHdkp9rFmI8Q==

I just put this together for you. Basically you want to have auras for your minions so you need to keep away from using blood magic passive. However the BM gem with Dom blow will work nicely. The life on kill nodes are bad efficiency, end of story. This is designed for a 2H, any 2H because there are no blocking nodes.

The point of a dom blow build is to be extremely tanky so that you can bring your minions into battle with you.

Bottom line is you are doing ENORMOUS damage, too much damage. IMO you need at least 175% life as a melee for softcore, and at least 225% life for hardcore.

I got the whole idea of auras and life, but your tree looks a bit weird.
is this setup, I'm just gonna be able to use 1 60% aura, which is not that good, I was alredy thinking of blood magic support gem (sorry I didn't updated the post properly)

as for the damage, I do think I got way too much, after all, my minions will to most of the killing, but I really think that minion instability is a must have.

I've updated the inicial post properly now, take a look and tell what do you think, thx for the advices :)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional