[Guide][HC] Fite's Detonate Dead Build (Scion/Templar/Witch)

Awesome work dude! Easy to undertanding! Good job man...
"
Caessa escreveu:
I found grabbing any 8% life was better than the life wheel. I just went on the left to travel fast and used the points to grab 8% nodes instead.

Respecced.

"
Caessa escreveu:

Oh and I did some testing with reflect. I rolled a reflect mod and tried every possible way to kill myself, including grabbing 50 corpses and vaal dding them on a large pack.

This morning I entered a Corrupted Zone with Elemental Reflection and nothing I did managed to move my life bar.
I think the only thing that can go wrong is Detonating a yellow in the middle of a large pack. This will be rare as packs tend to die before yellows.

"
Caessa escreveu:
I think I'll go roll another map and fuck around tomorrow to try and rip myself and see what circumstances work/don't work.

I would be very interested in the results. Try simulating Ele Weakness by dropping your Purity of Fire as well.

Some other tweaks I found this morning:
- If you cannot afford/find a Q20 Detonate Dead, take any Q you can get. I use a Q6 which already gives 18% casting speed.
- Link a Faster Casting to Flammability and Desecrate. Even a level 1 speeds them up considerably.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Última edição por Flapdrol em 15 de mar de 2014 06:41:44
Currently doing something similar to this in Ambush.

I'm sitting at 5k life, 8k armour, 766 mana to spare (not using PoF yet), lvl 21 Arctic Armour and 218 mana/s.

Maps are a joke. I spiked from 67s to 75s in a matter of hours and noticed no difference. Very few mobs do any damage to me and all I care about is "does it run away from me and/or eat my corpses?". Reflect does nothing upto lvl 73 maps, where I can still easily detonate a rare golem without risk of dying, hell, a 73 double reflect takes me to 50%.

I've gotten rather lucky when it comes to gear, although there are still many upgrades (just none on poe.xyz.is).

Gear:
Spoiler

I'm using pretty much the same build as you, although I optimized it for some more armour and damage (Why in the name of holy bacon did you pick up the Entropy cluster? It's 7,5 DoT per point! There's 8% fire nodes everywhere around the Witch/Templar)

Passives
Ingame names:
Eregoth_DD
Eregoth_Reave
"
Flapdrol escreveu:
"
Caessa escreveu:

Oh and I did some testing with reflect. I rolled a reflect mod and tried every possible way to kill myself, including grabbing 50 corpses and vaal dding them on a large pack.

This morning I entered a Corrupted Zone with Elemental Reflection and nothing I did managed to move my life bar.
I think the only thing that can go wrong is Detonating a yellow in the middle of a large pack. This will be rare as packs tend to die before yellows.

"
Caessa escreveu:
I think I'll go roll another map and fuck around tomorrow to try and rip myself and see what circumstances work/don't work.

I would be very interested in the results. Try simulating Ele Weakness by dropping your Purity of Fire as well.

Some other tweaks I found this morning:
- If you cannot afford/find a Q20 Detonate Dead, take any Q you can get. I use a Q6 which already gives 18% casting speed.
- Link a Faster Casting to Flammability and Desecrate. Even a level 1 speeds them up considerably.

Okay so I did more testing. Used both Flam + Ele Weakness to dual curse.

I managed to 1 shot myself by detonating a Rare Golem on a big ass pack. :D

What seems to happen is if I detonate big monsters, my mana just goes straight to 0, AA turns off, and I take all the damage.

Basically, to counter reflect, I use Conc Effect in my 5 Link instead of Increased AoE and detonate a small mob near the edge of the pack. The burn damage melts everything in maps right away. Conc Effect, in theory, sounds like it'd hurt more to reflect but really it hurts less because the AoE is smaller so you hit less monsters making you take a butt load less damage.

Oh and Searing Bond. EZ Reflect bypass is to just use Searing Bond.

P.S. I recommend this ring oh so very much. Tons of e-HP on top of resistance to Freezing. This build takes very little gear to run successfully (4L + Mana Regen = Cheap) so might as well use your currency to buy a cheap 5L + Dream Fragment.

Other Cheap Gear option:

Find a good base Scepter and roll for % Fire. You can also roll for +2 cold gems if you wanna be more tanky as opposed to damage.

I used a similar Scepter from day 1 until I hit 80 and my friend found
for me. You don't need uber gear for this build so don't be afraid to roll around in some blues.
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Última edição por Caessa em 15 de mar de 2014 15:51:55
This build is amazing. I'm level 81 now and this has been the best build I've ever played in over a year. Notice: I'm playing in Ambush league.

Gear

Stat pictures

I started clearing 75 maps @ level 77 with a friend, no problem at all. Before, I never got past 70 maps. Thanks Fite <3
Última edição por klayveR em 17 de mar de 2014 09:09:08
"
klayveR escreveu:
This build is amazing. I'm level 81 now and this has been the best build I've ever played in over a year. Before, I never got past 70 maps. Thanks Fite <3

I have a couple suggestions for your gem setups.

You can link Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration to go even faster!
You can link Desecrate + Faster Casting for quicker killing.

Hope this helps!

So. Much. Win.

(at level 18 boosted to 23, you'll need 275ish mana regen. Start saving up now!)
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704
Última edição por RediusMaximus em 16 de mar de 2014 20:55:48
Sup, great guide. im leveling a scion in ambush using your guide and i wonder why didnt you grab the increased burning (inmolation) and fire damage (fire walker) nodes near the witch tree. are they bad? i wouldnt mind going for a bit more damage because im in softcore. what would you change for them?
Thanks and great job
IGN Stargatedota
"
RediusMaximus escreveu:

So. Much. Win.

(at level 18 boosted to 23, you'll need 275ish mana regen. Start saving up now!)

You'll need more.

You gotta regen to keep up AA + extra regen to make MoM viable for sustained fighting.

I have 321 regen and am pushing for more. I won't feel comfy until I hit 400+. My MoM + AA friend (he's only played classes around this) says 400 as optimal for end game maps.

--

EDIT:

Update on Reflect. I've been running high level Reflect maps for science.

I have many more damage nodes than OP does so I have to worry a bit more than anyone running a hardcore build and using OP's passive tree.

The best way to counter reflect is to only det. the small mobs. The burn is more than enough to 1 or 2 shot bosses so no worries about lack of damage.

If you're facing a pack, try to desecrate to the side and front. Don't do it right in front of a pack, when they run at you they'll walk right over and your det. dead will hit them all. If you don't detonate a large hp corpse you won't die but you will crap yourself. If you set the corpses slightly to the side you can hit the edge of the pack, the proliferation will melt everything.

Oh and can someone do more tests with Vaal Det. Dead? I tried to kill myself with it but couldn't. 30-40 corpses detonated on top of a pack of 20+ and nothing was felt...
IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
Última edição por Caessa em 17 de mar de 2014 03:20:20
I don't know why my character is too slow cleaning maps (i change yesterday from SB to DD and try a promenade lvl 69 map, i cleaned the map a bit slow and my life was in danger in a different situations)

This is my gear -->
Spoiler

And this is my passive tree -->
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsSaRRNFSAWbxccGNsZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKoo-ilPKaUqTSzpLR8xnjWSNsU26TrhPAU9Xz8nQYdFfkWdRtdJUUp9SshMs04qUlNSr1XGW69dxmegbRluqnF5dPF2gnqqgh6Cx4M4hTKHdohCiPGLjI9GkFWXlZf0muCdrp_fogCmV6cIp1ynhK1KtNG1BLXytz64k8HFwfPIDM0mz2XQ0Ngk2wvdDeFz42rkIuvu7BjsOO0g73zwH_JF89356PzF_go=

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional