The Mysterious (and Costly) Case of Immortal Call.

I studied the youtube-clip carefully.
This is my conclusion:

http://imgur.com/ZxOWfMR
I noticed a similar issue with my CWDT build, but i did not understand if it apply also in your case since the video is a little bit messy :)

When you cast Immortal call when you are already invincible, the new timer overrides the old one.

I would suggest GGG to replace with: 'the new timer overrides the old one only if the new timer is longer'.

This would be quite similar to the current leech mechanics (it would not allow stacking).
Roma timezone (Italy)
"
CutlassPair escreveu:
Assuming that it wasn't a bug, this is what I think happened.

It wasn't just one thing which killed you - it's several things coming together all at once.

Just after you cast the penultimate IC, it looks like you had several non-crits, followed by 2 crits in a row, followed by a non-crit. This would explain the 0 EC, and 1 PC, but max length IC.

On the next IC, you had no EC, so you had a minimum length IC.

This alone didn't kill you - you had 4 EC built up for the next IC. Just before you died, this ticks down to 6 seconds. You didn't get a crit for more than a second which would've probably saved you.

During this, it also looked like you were hitting just one target here and stopped attacking for a split second, which would've further reduced your chances of an IC proc.

Plus the large incoming damage, at that exact time meant you had no chance.

On the earlier maps/runs, you probably didn't face such an extreme set of circumstances to notice, or make it worth noticing.

Each IC overrides the last IC duration. I don't doubt your tests showed 6s > 5s > 6s etc. You're doing a lot of hits in a very short time, both crits and non-crits. Because the frame rate is only updated in finite amounts, you're actually seeing snapshots. Many things can happen in those short times, which could explain "strange" behaviour.

After looking into this a bit more, I am sure this is not a bug. Leading up to your death, consider the following:

You have:

2 EC + 2 PC.

Your CoC recently procced and is still in CD

You then get another crit followed by a non-crit. CoC doesn't fire because it is still in CD. This results in

4 EC + 1 PC.

You get another crit. Your CoC is still in CD. This leaves you with:

4 EC + 0 PC.

This is the crucial step - you only have EC and no PC.

You now crit followed by a non-crit. CoC is now off CD and consumes the EC via IC. This leaves:

0 EC + 1 PC.

You have a couple of non-crits, leaving you with:

0 EC + 3 PC.

You now crit again, followed by 2 non-crits. CoC is off CD, so IC triggers. This results in a minimum duration IC. You now have:

3 EC + 2 PC

You crit, followed by a non-crit. But your CoC is in CD. This leaves:

4 EC + 1 PC.

It's about here that your minimum duration IC expires.

From here, you don't crit again, leading to no IC.
I hope invincible builds will be addressed by the devs soon because they are pretty lame.
IGN: Haeresie
"
Vomitorivm escreveu:
I hope invincible builds will be addressed by the devs soon because they are pretty lame.

This build is not possible until the recent update with the new +maximum nodes, so I'm not sure if they will change it :D

But my death is still very suspicious, because at the moment before the last IC, I still have 3 Power Charge, and with the Voll's Devotion, I should have gain 3 more Endurance Charges when I crit (which also proc IC), my IC should've gained at least 3-4 seconds of immunity, not just 1.

I made another Atziri run on Standard, and I facetank those 3 minibosses just fine. Sigh. Maybe it was too good to be true for HC.
IGN: _Gaia_

Where to download my hideout: https://poe.house/hideout/76oNuBpb

Where to trade currency between leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156864
Última edição por _Gaia_ em 28 de mar de 2014 22:23:56
in a game where devs dont reset deaths for any reason, ever, i have a great idea

lets use a build thats life depends on multiple spammy as shit mechanisms proccing a bajillion times a second and if any one piece of this card tower falls you're dead

solid
Última edição por Veruski em 28 de mar de 2014 22:35:31
"
Veruski escreveu:
in a game where devs dont reset deaths for any reason, ever, i have a great idea

lets use a build thats life depends on multiple spammy as shit mechanisms proccing a bajillion times a second and if any one piece of this card tower falls you're dead

solid

Seemed pretty viable in the 10+ Poorjoys we cruised through before attempting Atziri :)

Honestly, the theory behind the build is sound. In fact, I quite like the idea of having the build depend on more than one thing (Immortal Call, flasks, etc.). They are your lifeline and make a lot of game content easy, but if you get careless you end up paying dearly. We overlooked the possibility of Immortal Call behaving in this way, even though it never really came up as a problem in our extensive testing. The idea of an immortal build is still possible and I actually don't know how GGG will address this. After all, such a possibility was only made available recently, due to Cast on Crit, new +% to max all resists, aura changes, etc. Perhaps GGG didn't foresee that this could possibly happen.
if you're going to be selling your gear, can you give a discount to the guy who came up with the idea? :)
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
TheEnforcer escreveu:
if you're going to be selling your gear, can you give a discount to the guy who came up with the idea? :)

Ask Gaia, I'm not sure if he's selling. Your idea was only the tip of the iceberg. And no discounts of course.
Is there a possibility that the rain-like attack from one of the bosses deals chaos damage? From your stats it doesn't look like you would be immune to chaos.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional