Low life offers to great benefits and is unique gated.

"
Boem escreveu:
"low life" is not a build btw. It is an intrinsic game mechanic, don't confuse the two. Since when can i fire low-life's at enemy's?

Why are you trying to make arguments under the pretense that you, and only you, can define what the difference is between a "build", a "game mechanic", an "attribute", a "skill" or whatever.

Energy shield is an item modifier and therefore CI is not an energy shield "build" herp derp.

Freezing pulse is a skill, therefore there is no such thing as a FP "build" herp derp.

Life regeneration is a game mechanic, therefore you can't call your character that relies on life regeneration a life regen "build" herp derp.

Low life is both a game mechanic and a build. It happens to be a very, very powerful game mechanic, so it's gated. Get over it.

IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Why are you trying to make arguments under the pretense that you, and only you, can define what the difference is between a "build", a "game mechanic", an "attribute", a "skill" or whatever.

Energy shield is an item modifier and therefore CI is not an energy shield "build" herp derp.

Freezing pulse is a skill, therefore there is no such thing as a FP "build" herp derp.

Life regeneration is a game mechanic, therefore you can't call your character that relies on life regeneration a life regen "build" herp derp.

Low life is both a game mechanic and a build. It happens to be a very, very powerful game mechanic, so it's gated. Get over it.

Agreed, the distinction is hard to make and does flow-over.

but i wonder, what other builds are gated in the same way like low-life currently is?

I can't think of a single one, please do help me out if you can think of one.

(i am talking about a build that cannot achieve the same potential without the unique that enables it, aka a pure rare based version not being stronger then it's unique counterpart)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
low life destroyed game balance as did atziri gloves.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Meh, just load your comments with insults because we disagree on balance philosophy. I never once insulted you.

Half of what you considered insults are sarcasm at best to illustrate a point. sorry if you feel otherwise.

But my point still remains.

I refuted most of your points with logic, yet you keep hammering that it is fine, i assume this is because you have a shavs and are utilizing it in conjunction with low-life.

Yet you call me entitled, while i made the same build without utilizing the cheesy way of achieving low-life status.

I could reflect the same sentence to you.

"you are acting entitled to stagnant game balance in your favor, get of your high horse and think of the future of the game"

If this is insulting to you, then yes, you did in fact insult me.

Edit : also what is your balancing philosophy, because all i read was "i have a shavs, my build is extremely powerfull because of it, don't touch it" all you did was defend the current state of "low-life" under the assumption it is fine because it is gated behind a luxury item.

You did not even attempt to understand where i am coming from. (overall player experience)

And i understand your troubles with this suggestion, i imagine you farmed hard for that item and the gear you posses. However this should not be an issue or even be accounted for when talking about game balance. A lot of people get wrecked constantly with balance patches.
(ci + vp to give an example)
Última edição por Boem em 26 de abr de 2014 15:37:21
"
low life destroyed game balance as did atziri gloves.

Both of these can be balanced in due time, that's why i made this thread to discuss low-life benefits in the current game state.

Sadly everybody keeps talking about shavs '-.-------
"
Boem escreveu:
"

but i wonder, what other builds are gated in the same way like low-life currently is?

(i am talking about a build that cannot achieve the same potential without the unique that enables it, aka a pure rare based version not being stronger then it's unique counterpart)

Spell block.
"
Spell block.

agreed completely, but then again balancing block overall is for another thread '-.-, since we all know how bonkers it is atm compared to other forms of defense.

Let's just say it equally deserves a thread like this. . .

Edit : come to think of it, anything you find under these parameters will be equally bonkers for game balance and longevity imo. And in dire need of revisioning.
Última edição por Boem em 26 de abr de 2014 15:56:30
"
Boem escreveu:
"

Well, unarmed for one.

But no other single game mechanic is nearly as powerful as low life on its own, so they don't really need to be gated.

Shavs and CI are the closest possible comparisons we have, as they both rely entirely on ES, with life being a non-factor (and the builds are often a difference of like 5 skill points, really). Shavs gives up some ES (albeit not that much), and chaos immunity in favor of a huge damage boost, 2+ extra auras, and in the case of physical attack builds, a metric ton of leech from the blood rage bonus.

That said, I don't really see any need to try to pseudo-cripple shavs by making a watered-down version of lowlife for everyone. If anything, we should push for a way to make reliable ES/Life hybrids, which would be a huge breath of fresh air.

IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Your sarcasm is pointed towards my intelligence because we disagree. You're refuting my points with your "logic" but my logic differs. You're assuming you're correct and I am wrong.

After all my posts and you still don't see that I think for the upper builds there needs to be imbalance. There needs to be luxury items to grind for, overpowered item combinations to grind for, item gated builds to grind for. In an arpg there needs to be a reason to grind. You just insult me again saying I'm in love with my shav's and I don't care about balance in the slightest.
Última edição por maqe em 26 de abr de 2014 16:06:42
"
Well, unarmed for one.

Rare counter parts perform better then unarmed.

(as in, any 1h+shield build utilizing a sufficient rare 1-hander)

The above guy was correct in his assesment do, spell block follows the same patern as low-life currently. Being completely unique gated to get the desired effect.

In the case of unarmed the desired effect is dps, which can be achieved with rares.

"
That said, I don't really see any need to try to pseudo-cripple shavs by making a watered-down version of lowlife for everyone. If anything, we should push for a way to make reliable ES/Life hybrids, which would be a huge breath of fresh air.

ES/life hybrids are already viable and that's partially my point. I made one like you can see in post 2 in this thread. But the release of act3x shifted the balance by introducing a lot of chaos damage sources and more importantly chaos spike damage.

A Es/hp hybrid build already sacrifices a lot to achieve this feat (75 chaos resist in merciless for example, not an easy feat, as well as having life + es regen/leach simultaneously) and gets nothing in return atm for this investment.

Before act3x one could go low-life to get benefits from this feat. With the current chaos spike damage this has become impossible. One would need roughly 1500hp to survive the big spike chaos damage they introduced.(with 75 chaos resist) While also maintaining a healthy ES pool to counter alternate forms of damage.

Because of this, a build like this (es/hp hybrid) can no longer get benefits since it can no longer go low-life while still surviving the chaos damage sources without a shavs.

Es/hp hybrids where already viable in the past, the recent changes nullified that.

That's why i made this thread. Since making the low-life buff active at a higher cap% might allow hp/es hybrid to still utilize its benefits without getting one shotted by chaos sources.

(other then low-life buffs, there is very little appeal in a hp/es hybrid builds, full life is basically non-existent in therms of active played builds)

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional