Man, duelist sucks

lvl61 right now and it's just too weak. I gotta hang em up until something is changed. Full resist, high armor, good health, good equipment. Not saying it can't be done, but who the hell want's to spend 1 hour going through an instance cleaving doorways until you kill all the mobs one-by-one. Not fun.
it is what it is
True story.
Why don't the seasons fear the reaper?
I had the same problem until I discovered endurance charges + IR + granite flask.

I do agree that Duelists could use some love, and the devs said they will soon, so hang in tight.
Última edição por XDementia em 2 de fev de 2013 09:53:22
Problem is ranged is simply too good. That, and most other melee attacks use ranged based attacks like ground slam, LS, etc.

Cleave just sucks. I use cleave. I'm still at a loss as to why DW cleave has to have such a huge damage penalty. The attack flat out sucks for its return on investment. It is one of the only actual melee aoe's that is Melee. It ought to be a bit better then that. It also has very small range; it ought to do a ass ton of damage for such a small aoe radius.

Also, the main problem is melee doesnt have any good supports like ranged does; unless you use LS and just pretend to be a ranged character.

All ranged attacks are simply better across the board. They do more damage, they ahve better supports, and they are well, ranged.

Also, by nature of the skill trees, ranged have no disadvantages over melee. People, even other duelists using bows, have some percieved notion that this makes them "squishy". They have the same defensive talents I do! How the hell are they any squishier then me? I hear this all the time "I cant get up there, I'm ranged. They kill me." I say, "how much hp you got?" They say, "3300, and 45% armor." I'm like really? Really? How the hell are you any squishier then I am. You aren't.

That is the inherent problem with melee. The skill trees allow these ranged characters to not only be just as tanky and durable, but have the added benefit of doing all their damage from range, and usually that damage is also HIGHER. So why even play melee? There is zero advantages anywhere to being a melee.

One of the only ways I can see this being fixed, is buff melee based skills like cleave; you have to get right up in there, you might as well be rewarded for it by lots of damage. This isn't your normal RPG where the ranged damage is balanced by their lack of survivability. They are just as tanky; therefore they need a drawback somewhere, and melee skills should have a higher Return on Investment.

Also, they could stand to put defensive nodes deep into melee damage nodes. Maybe at the end of the node, where you get your 12 or 15% damage boost, it also gives 50% armor, or some resists. As it stands, Ranged have every access to every defensive node any melee has, which makes them simply better across the board. If you just stick more defensive nodes on the tree willy nilly, ranged can get those too and the balance of power does not change.

Furthermore, melee get stuck having to go all defensive talents. You can't do anything but look at axe and sword nodes and wonder how well they would work, because you have to get all the resist/life/crap you can or you die just trying to play the game. Ranged actually get to get some damage nodes because well, they are ranged and get hit a little less. This also widens the power gap between ranged and melee, they are able to actually use the damage parts of the trees where melee are stuck picking up nothing but life and resists.

Basically, there is no reason to be a melee character unless you just want to struggle. There are no advantages to being one, and zero disadvantages to being a ranged class. This needs to change.
Última edição por Destructodave em 2 de fev de 2013 12:16:11
"
Logclog escreveu:
lvl61 right now and it's just too weak. I gotta hang em up until something is changed. Full resist, high armor, good health, good equipment. Not saying it can't be done, but who the hell want's to spend 1 hour going through an instance cleaving doorways until you kill all the mobs one-by-one. Not fun.

Agreed. They definitely can't stand a fight against any other classes in the harder part of the game. Luckily, the devs are aware of the issue and are solving the problem as we discuss:

"
Qarl escreveu:
We know Duelists currently need some love. They aren’t performing as well as we think they should. Some of this will be covered by new skills, but we will also look at their passive skill tree and quest rewards. Unfortunately, we knew we couldn’t give them the attention they deserved before Open Beta. Looking ahead, we will continue to make changes to the overall class balance as well.

Quote source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70478

So, brace yourselves, for balanced Duelists are coming!
Última edição por Bootpants em 2 de fev de 2013 12:28:10
"
Bootpants escreveu:
"
Logclog escreveu:

Agreed. They definitely can't stand a fight against any other classes in the harder part of the game. Luckily, the devs are aware of the issue and are solving the problem as we discuss:

"
Qarl escreveu:
We know Duelists currently need some love. They aren’t performing as well as we think they should. Some of this will be covered by new skills, but we will also look at their passive skill tree and quest rewards. Unfortunately, we knew we couldn’t give them the attention they deserved before Open Beta. Looking ahead, we will continue to make changes to the overall class balance as well.

Quote source: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70478

So, brace yourselves, for balanced Duelists are coming!

I'm curious how they will handle the changes as far as respecs, will there be any if they are changing the skill tree?
In CBT whenever they'd modify the skill tree everyone would get all their passive points reset.
I'm only level 42, but I have to agree to an extent. I spent all of my fights cleaving + life leech. In boss battles I do the same, but with Double Swing. I do that until I run out of mana, portal to town, come back, repeat.

I think a damage or armor increase would be appropriate. I'm having an absolute blast playing this game, though. I'm really excited to see how it holds up at the end of the game, as well as what builds and items surface as the best choices.
Melee duelists suck*

Nothing wrong with bow duelists, they have equal access to the good archery skeleton passives that rangers do.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional