Update on Expansion Development Timeline

Our estimated release date for the mini-expansion is mid-August. This is a total of five months of development time, and it's going to be worth every minute. While it's far too early for us to tease its contents, we're very confident that it will be answer many of the requests of existing players, while also helping ease new players into Wraeclast. We've learned a lot from Sacrifice of the Vaal and have factored in masses of your feedback into the next expansion.

With the four-month Ambush and Invasion leagues ending on July 6 (NZ time) and the new challenge leagues being released alongside the expansion just over a month later, we are going to fill the one month gap with something exciting (probably a one month league or pair of leagues starting on roughly July 12). That month is also the period that we'll be ramping up publicity for the expansion and starting to reveal its secrets.

While many of you know that new Acts take more than a year to develop, I think it's probably best to clarify that Act Four isn't included in the August expansion. It's coming along really well, but even with a large team working on it, it's not going to be ready for release in 2014. We're basing another large expansion around it once it's complete. Damn our quality standards and ambitious plans :)

As we approach this August expansion, our rate of normal small patches is slowing down. For example, 1.1.5 is currently around 2.5 weeks away, which would place it a month after 1.1.4. Most of the content we're working on relates to secret stuff that hasn't been announced yet, but it will be soon! Thanks for your patience - we're looking forward to showing off the results of all this hard work!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Última edição por Chris em 13 de jun de 2014 01:49:10
Thanks for the open update.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Honestly, adding and expanding on the current systems has added more to the game than just a new pool of tile sets, mobs, and bosses one might see from a new Act. Hopefully this next mini-expansion will help increase the accessibility for new players starting in the early game and perhaps add to the end-game challenges for veteran players.
Última edição por Hackusations em 13 de jun de 2014 02:02:06
Cool
Interesting
Última edição por sondeckis em 13 de jun de 2014 01:51:30
oooo
V/r
nice
p1
ohmy
how big can act3 get really?
diablo 2's normal-nightmare-hell worked because you could be rushed past it.

playing through the entire game, 3 times per character, facing the same wall each time, is not only repetitive, its boring, fanboys can deny it, but in my opinion, theres a point where you need to draw a line, and extending act3 further, is ludicrous.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional