Season Eight, Event 143: 40 Minute Descent Champions

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Bounty at season end. You can view the current top three participants by class here.

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

You are able to read up information regarding Descent: Champions events here

Dead characters will still be able to receive reward points in Descent: Champions events.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Bounty (Unique Golden Obi) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 24: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 20-23: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 17-19: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 14-16: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 11-13: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 8-10: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 5-7: 1 Reward Point

Alternate Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Defeat Rukuku, the Pagan God: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat The Brute: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat Hatestorm: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat Avatar of the Tempest: 1 Reward Point
  • Defeat General Gravicius: 1 Reward Point

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Freezing Chamber: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty The Obelisks of Faith: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:
  • Alternate Art Lifesprig Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Pillar of the Caged God Unique Item (10 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Berek's Pass Unique Item (5 available to be won)

LOL first unique ever in descent champs and I get 2 of the same one off Brutus kill
was a fun race desync at last min was scary
That was the fucking worst D:C ever. I died 4 times at Rukuku. FOUR TIMES. What the actual fuck? I never had much problems with him but this time I don't know what was wrong. One of the invisible ports. When I died the fourth time I even rolled for elemental res on my flask just to survive. Ended up insta dying to 3 arc crits in a row + tons of sparks while being triple shock stacked. -.-

Última edição por fadekill em 8 de jul de 2014 17:43:58
If only I had gotten my Composite Bow sooner. Still, got a personal best in terms of level (18 and some change) and 14th Ranger--not too bad if I do say so myself.

IGN: ITTVx
SHOP (archived): 312212

last but not least

and
Última edição por Eleziel em 8 de jul de 2014 17:45:27
same shit, invisible warp 2 times in a row
brute GS hit 3 times on char with lvl 9 eva armor and lvl 8 eva shield with 2 corals
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
It could just be me, but has anyone else been wholly dissatisfied with the scheduling and modification of this season and the signature?

Having only really gotten into racing last season, I was really excited when they announced Champions as the signature race, because it's really fun and novel. But with the way it has been scheduled, namely during typically daytime U.S. business hours or absurdly late here, almost EVERY time . . . I honestly found it immensely easier to catch these races last season . . . and the signature at the time was easier to catch too.

I've also noticed a lot of people seem to enjoy the smaller map and time frame, but I've found that I hate it. What was once pretty fast-paced, yet fun to explore, has become a belabored haul to get anywhere before the event ends while mostly just racing against lag and desync's assassination attempts on my underlevelled character. And if there is a sudden update, a disconnect or some reason I have to start late, I've lost a massive amount of the race.

I thought 85 minutes was a bit too long last season, but 40 seems quite a bit too short for this.

does anyone else find this frustrating?
"
ReginaldClovis escreveu:
It could just be me, but has anyone else been wholly dissatisfied with the scheduling and modification of this season and the signature?

Having only really gotten into racing last season, I was really excited when they announced Champions as the signature race, because it's really fun and novel. But with the way it has been scheduled, namely during typically daytime U.S. business hours or absurdly late here, almost EVERY time . . . I honestly found it immensely easier to catch these races last season . . . and the signature at the time was easier to catch too.

I've also noticed a lot of people seem to enjoy the smaller map and time frame, but I've found that I hate it. What was once pretty fast-paced, yet fun to explore, has become a belabored haul to get anywhere before the event ends while mostly just racing against lag and desync's assassination attempts on my underlevelled character. And if there is a sudden update, a disconnect or some reason I have to start late, I've lost a massive amount of the race.

I thought 85 minutes was a bit too long last season, but 40 seems quite a bit too short for this.

does anyone else find this frustrating?

Yep, i'm at 572 points now and would have been 800 if it was scheduled more randomly, even if i only work 3 hours a day (+40 min traveling) i miss 90% of all the descent champions.
Spoiler

SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Última edição por unsane em 8 de jul de 2014 19:09:28

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional