1 month league response to low player numbers?

"
DogFaceNoSpace escreveu:
"
Shagsbeard escreveu:
None. Of. This. Matters.

Less players means less money means less developers means GGG will never fix desync. Yes it matters.

More Developers != Faster Development
There is a sweetspot where this certainly holds true.

There are many reasons for that, which would totally derail this thread. You can read it up if you don't believe a word of somebody studying Computer Science right now. Either way, we don't know how much employees GGG currently holds in which positions. We know that they lack a Graphic Programmer due to the bad NZ law enforcement on foreign workers, that's true.

"
DogFaceNoSpace escreveu:
ANYWAY it would be nice for GGG to have a response to this.

What do you expect? Chris would say the same thing he said last time: People are too dumb to handle the data correctly. Then people proceed to call out Chris' data as forged. It's not like this thread is the revolution of greatness considering PoE DED threads.
"
Nightmare90 escreveu:
"
_Madus escreveu:
Lol classic full of whiteknight BS topic. Heroes of Newerth showing numbers all the time as they exist. Even WoW announced numbers dropings/raisings. If you know how statistic work then you know that you can construct trend on steam data. GGG cannot show you data because it would even more shrink whole population, as its proven that low population have effect on many people if they choose join/leave.

Source on pretty much all you said?

I have a source on mine, if you want to read it up.
Statistics by D. Freedman, R. Pisani, R. Purves.

Every everyday madman and politician dismisses confounding variable and external effects when jugling raw or processed data, often enough to the worse. But yeah, keep on with your "full blacknight BS" or whatever you want to be classified in exchange. :P

Oh, and the examples you brought up: I know by experience that people claimed all the time that WoW user numbers are forged. So there is your "credibility". People will cry all the time and write their bullshit. Better not even bother.

I hope some of you doomsayers that are not playing anymore have at least the courtesy to leave your guild and free up a valuable member slot. You know, it's important for the people actually playing the game.

Hahah, yea right wow armory data can be forged. lol 10k players in hc 1month while half is 1lvl.
▄█▀█▀█
"
_Madus escreveu:
Hahah, yea right wow armory data can be forged. lol 10k players in hc 1month while half is 1lvl.

I do not spill this bullshit. I just told you what people come up with when they want to make their point, having solid data or not. They write what they want, simple as that. Doesn't mean that this crap holds true like the holy bible.

However if that was your sole response everybody can make up their mind about you and I don't really need to continue this discussion. Have a nice day, I have some guild bros waiting to smash some skelemen. ;)
Última edição por Nightmare90 em 12 de jul de 2014 07:51:12
another senseless spam threat...

so..

do you like to play the game? yes!

so who cares about if other players play too or not...

you got no official numbers, so i dont think that number going low, till ggg verified this.. and they dont, so stop this spam now, and keep gaming

and btw... are you living from this game? i bet you dont, so what is your problem finally? do gggs marketing, that you care numbers, and playerbase? i bet also no...

a lot of the uber-megabrain members still think they will work for ggg, giving really hot tips, open threats doing panic without any verification... so here
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Última edição por loCurnus em 12 de jul de 2014 18:49:10
"
loCurnus escreveu:
another senseless spam threat...

so..

do you like to play the game? yes!

so who cares about if other players play too or not...

you got no official numbers, so i dont think that number going low, till ggg verified this.. and they dont, so stop this spam now, and keep gaming

and btw... are you living from this game? i bet you dont, so what is your problem finally? do gggs marketing, that you care numbers, and playerbase? i bet also no...

a lot of the uber-megabrain members still think they will work for ggg, giving really hot tips, open threats doing panic without any verification... so here

Good response my man......
IGN:FinishMan, BrownHallo, Maman, SpeedyJoJo, StereoCld, WildRobe, Ladyto, SpeedyJoJo.
"
DogFaceNoSpace escreveu:
ANYWAY it would be nice for GGG to have a response to this.

Why, there is nothing to answer. It's just an event between leagues.
Última edição por kasub em 13 de jul de 2014 01:09:42
"
Nightmare90 escreveu:
"
_Madus escreveu:

I do not spill this bullshit. I just told you what people come up with when they want to make their point, having solid data or not. They write what they want, simple as that. Doesn't mean that this crap holds true like the holy bible.

However if that was your sole response everybody can make up their mind about you and I don't really need to continue this discussion. Have a nice day, I have some guild bros waiting to smash some skelemen. ;)

Did you just imply the bible was in any way true?! Lolx1000
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Fluffy_Puppies escreveu:
Did you just imply the bible was in any way true?! Lolx1000

Off-Topic
I won't elaborate whether it was a joke or not.

People are up to interpret that sentence themselves. Like the bible. :P
"
DogFaceNoSpace escreveu:
There has been a long thread that poe is dead recently. Many people say that poe is not dead, but even those that blindly love poe cannot deny that player numbers have dropped drastically.

I was wondering if the decision to run a 1 month league in between the temp leagues is a decision motivated by the low player numbers.

I can imagine that GGG want to boost their microtransaction sales and player count. Also there must not have been a lot of income lately. There were no new supporter packs and a lot of players quitting until the new league start.

There's a new long thread that the game is dead seemingly every 30 minutes.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Game population seems fine to me. All towns have players, I can find groups and people to trade with readily at all times of day; 4am, 7:20am, 5pm, midnight.

A game only needs as many people playing it as to support it's developers. Until GGG announce they are packing up shop, there is literally no need for such speculation as to a game's player base.

It's kinda worthless in the same way people claim "X MMO is dying!". Well those MMOs run on for years and years perfectly fine with the audience interested in them.
Every man's conscience is vile and depraved. You can not rely on it to be your guide when it's you who must keep it satisfied.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional