Itemflippers and their offers. Share your story here!

So we all jumped into the new One Month League and are happy with having a new economy to play with. Different people approach this new economy in a different way. Most of them are legit. Some of them are not.

So here comes the thread where you can share the most stupid and ridiculous offers you have recieved for the items you´ve got for sale.

My personal favourites so far were:

Rats Nest -> 1c (Recieved this one from three people. Two of which were obviously the same guy, using two diffenrent accounts. Definitely a case of item flipping. The worst case i assume.)
Searing Touch -> Windscream (Sure Windscreams are underrated, but still not worth the same as Searing Touch...)

Share your stories with me!
inb4 the economy hate train arrives

I wish you luck in actually getting this thread anywhere. :P
Choo Choo
Given the way trading works in this game there was nothing wrong with those offers.
Just state the price of your items. Wanting offers is worse attitude than offering 1c in my book.
I had this item clearly listed with a 2ex buyout (which at the time was signifigantly lower than any other 5L cloak of defiance)

some clown offers me 1 fusing...

him: you selling cloak of defiance?
me: yes
him: 1 fuse
me: ... the buyout is clearly listed
me: you do know it's a 5L right?
him: ok fine 2 fuse
-ignored-

I wish I was lying about this guy, but i'm not, people that low really exist.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Última edição por demivion em 16 de jul de 2014 09:59:42
I was looking for "Cast When Damage Taken" gems - and I stayed well and clear of people who didn't set buy out offers.

I happily paid the current value of the gem - with no questions asked. 4C.

People who know the value for their item and yet put no buyout or just say "offer" completely aggravate me... and then when you present the market research to them, they still often presume because they touched the item that somehow they are the Micheal Jordon of POE and the value shoots up 200%. Fuck man, you didn't even sign the item how can I even authenticate the 200% price boost?

People who set no buy out deserve the aggravation of "1fuse/1chaos" offers. You have zero rights to complain.
Última edição por Isbox1 em 16 de jul de 2014 10:03:00
Nobody cares. Flipping is a legit way to make currency, baffles me that people still feel the need to shed tears over this.
Oh, yeah i forgot only miserable forumtrolls write on the forums...

I don´t list buyouts because i don´t have the time. I don´t use Procurement, since i care about my account security.

Not having buyouts on your items doesn´t necessarily mean you´re trying to sell for 200% value...

A person that knows the value will offer in a reasonable way. Not having a strict buyout also gives me opportunity to sell something for 2,5ex while the usual buyout is 3ex and the buyer offered 2ex. At least that´s the way i handle it...
"
demivion escreveu:
I had this item clearly listed with a 2ex buyout (which at the time was signifigantly lower than any other 5L cloak of defiance)

some clown offers me 1 fusing...

him: you selling cloak of defiance?
me: yes
me: ... the buyout is clearly listed
me: you do know it's a 5L right?
him: ok fine 2 fuse
-ignored-

I wish I was lying about this guy, but i'm not, people that low really exist.

Maybe he didnt have 2 ex but only a couple fusings?

ALso, this thread smells of trading e brag.
"
muhomorov escreveu:
Oh, yeah i forgot only miserable forumtrolls write on the forums...

I don´t list buyouts because i don´t have the time. I don´t use Procurement, since i care about my account security.

Not having buyouts on your items doesn´t necessarily mean you´re trying to sell for 200% value...

A person that knows the value will offer in a reasonable way. Not having a strict buyout also gives me opportunity to sell something for 2,5ex while the usual buyout is 3ex and the buyer offered 2ex. At least that´s the way i handle it...

No. You don't have a buyout because you're hoping someone will come and offer twice the value of something you have listed. Stop crying when someone attempts to do to you what you're doing to others.
Not sure what the purpose of this thread is, is it just for fun or are you actually complaining that there are people who have a different approach to the game than you. Some people play this game in order to discover new builds, some people play it for its content, and some people play it as a trading simulator. There's nothing wrong with that.
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Última edição por GnGEmpire em 16 de jul de 2014 10:24:52

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional