Trapper Build

Is there any good trapper build guide out there?

Or rather is it viable?

Im at lvl 24 right now with fire trap but i aint sure if i m heading the right direction..

Anyone kind souls willing to lend me a hand?
IGN - Duck_Ya
I'm playing a level 58 shadow that is only using firetrap atm, in the hardcore league.

Here my tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAB2MI9A2NDkgRLxmKHNwe8CL0JDwmlSepLUcxiDN4Nns4G0k6STtJUUyxUEJTNVVLVytabWsXbAttGW1sbXtyfnK7c1N5A33Sf8aCHohrjDaRz5u1nWOiLqSxp1y0OLVItve8n8BUwfPDbctBy4LUGdVP2wvcYt5344Tjn-QR5RnljuaB7Bjw2fF2-_U=

I use 4 auras.

Clarity, Discipline, Purity, and Determination.

I have 4 firetrap skillgems, and I have fireball for single target cleanup.

I use summon skeletons totem with faster casting.

Heres my current gear:

Proof sorta:
Última edição por Skeptec em 3 de fev de 2013 12:49:31
Wow, nice Skeptec, thanks for sharing your build - I wanna try one now!

Any thoughts of adding in Bear Trap for single targets?
Última edição por FireAtWill em 3 de fev de 2013 18:00:19
Double wow! Just started a group support Shadow yesterday (only 8th so far), mainly want a trapper/aura theme.

Looking at your build (you're around 70th now?), I never would have thought to level more than 1 firetrap gem - makes perfect sense when you think about it though. A limit of 3 traps, some of which can remain unexploded at times for up to 30 secs, really can be a PITA. Simple workaround - level 3 gems at once for up to 9 traps out simultaneously! :)
(I'm also finding Bear Trap great for bosses at this early level ;).

Some of your keystones are interesting - does the build absolutely rely on Eldritch Battery, or can a mana heavy build make do without...? I don't mind a bit of ES as a safety personally.

Going back to the witch starter nodes & getting Deep Wisdom & the 40% regen looks like it's well worth it. It's almost tempting to get Lord of the Dead & use some minions as a buffer/meat shield, but I have a pure minion mistress witch, so I plan to leave them well alone.

Why not use Anger aura out of interest? Seems a perfect fit, same with Haste from DEX...?
Última edição por Nostromo21 em 3 de fev de 2013 21:03:30
This is cool, I am also making a trapper but I am only level 32.

I can't post any cool stuff since I'm at work with IE 8 (Boo!)

However, I am going to be going with something like 2 Fire w/support, 2 Bear w/support, 1 Fireball Spell totem with multi projectiles, 2 cold snap traps (for keeping large groups in place) and clarity.

Edit: Forgot to say, right now I clear out groups of slow moving stuff like mad, the faster stuff gives me issues sometimes (this is why the cold traps) and Eff flicker strike.
HC Witch: FauxfoxColdtoes
HC Shadow: FoxMeNightly

Traps, traps everywhere!
Última edição por DoctorQuandry em 3 de fev de 2013 21:23:38
I am also trying a trapper.
He is level 38 so far and it's going pretty well.
Though I have a few general questions:

At the moment I can't really get myself off using my only unique so far.

It just seems too perfect for for a trapper, and 820 DPS on level 38 seems to blow everything away. Should I keep using it or is going for wand/shield or wand/wand just plainly better?

Also I am not sure yet how to get the most out of my traps if I went for other weapons and use support gems instead, any advice on that ?

Right now I am just using 2 Fire Trap gems slotted in the searing touch, a Vulnerability Gem connected to a Trap support (basically I always combo 2 Fire traps with 1 Vulnerability Trap) and Arctic Breath with LMP to freeze enemies.
The Skeleton Totem I'll probably steal ^^

My current build is this.
"
Nostromo21 escreveu:

Why not use Anger aura out of interest? Seems a perfect fit, same with Haste from DEX...?

More worried about staying alive.
Última edição por Skeptec em 4 de fev de 2013 10:38:14
"
ragbasti escreveu:

It just seems too perfect for for a trapper, and 820 DPS on level 38 seems to blow everything away. Should I keep using it or is going for wand/shield or wand/wand just plainly better?

Also I am not sure yet how to get the most out of my traps if I went for other weapons and use support gems instead, any advice on that ?

Right now I am just using 2 Fire Trap gems slotted in the searing touch, a Vulnerability Gem connected to a Trap support (basically I always combo 2 Fire traps with 1 Vulnerability Trap) and Arctic Breath with LMP to freeze enemies.

Yeah, you're likely to keep using that staff for a long time.

The only thing you could find better is more spell damage with more fire damage, with + level to fire gems.
Just as a little mind exercise:

Since all shadows will eventually get to choose the trap passive gem:

What have you found to be the best use for it ?
I am currently resten a lightning warp trap, it seems pretty cool as the damage is decent and the warp effect makes it quite fun to use as it can damage enemies twice.
"
ragbasti escreveu:

That unique is a game changer...the kind of item you create an entire build around. You could likely use that until you tire of the character.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional