WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

anyone tried it yet and could share first impressions?

https://umbragame.com/home/
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Último bump em 25 de out de 2019 06:19:53
Hey tested it a week ago played only an hour so far and it was a good experience.

Going to play it again tommorow evening for few hours possibly and add some more informations if you want ^^

Anything specific you did like to know ?

Helio
Hf :)
@Helionix:
- would u say it's worth paying €20 for early access in its current state?
- the forum seems rather empty...is the current fanbase that small?
- what does it do better or worse than PoE in your oppinion?
thx mate
― Christopher Hitchens
Will answer the best i can after tommorow session then at least to your first question others might take a while and a lot more playtime :) You are welcome

Would you say it's worth paying 20$ for early access in its current state ?

Editing later ...

the forum seems rather empty...is the current fanbase that small?

Editing later

what does it do better or worse than PoE in your oppinion?

Editing later

the game isn't worth it currently unless your goal is to support the devs.

there's literally nothing in the game right now. so you can't really judge it either. the engine so far is nice.
For anyone wondering "Wolcen" was previously named "Umbra" (we had a pretty big post about that game going on here last year). I don't know why they changed their name since the game was kickstarted as "Umbra" and people knew about a ARPG named "Umbra" being under developement. Legal issues maybe ?
IGN : @Morgoth
All i know is they changed both the game's name and the studio's name at the same time don't have much informations.

Starting playing it again now i wishe i could offer a stream if i had the chance to have fiber sadly ... no.

Cya in few hours for detailed infos <3

Few informations as long i'm going forward:
After around an hour

- Sound ambience is great but not so good than the PoE one. Let's say it's less original.
- Ambient sounds can be a bit disturbing like rain etc ... but no biggies at all it's a matter of time and you can of course disable them.
- Graphic ambience is great will eventualy say at this moment details arn't worked in the same way than PoE and doesn't offer so much depth.
- Options menu is way more intuitive and organized than the PoE's one
- Character morphology and face customization
- UI is a bit heavy
- Using Cry Engine
- Way more graphics options than PoE
- Available in: English / French / German / Hungarian / Korean / Chinese / Spanish / Russian
- Way point system
- You can roll to dodge
- Skill tree is kinda similar to old games ( or like grim dawn at all ) with Attributes aswell ( Strengh t etc ... )
- The zoom out is better than the PoE's one. Spells feel less heavy for eyes and focus.
- Gold farm ( i don't like that ) when killing monsters ... pots ...
- Might be wrong will see in few hours but i'm astonished for an alpha i havn't seen a single crash / bug mechanic except a little one with a quest.
- Seems to be a game with a lot of quests talking about that ...
- Open world
----------

More coming soon ...
Última edição por Heli0nix em 29 de ago de 2016 21:31:04
Must be better than he thought. 6 hours later ;)
Well i played a bit more then had to sort out my stash after Prophecies end :D Sooo took a break.
Most of informations are possible to find around all tests that has been made on Wolcen from specialized press if you want more info for now :)

Anyway i find it cool to detail everything you can discover when doing first steps in a game soo i will keep going tommorow after work, organize all notes into categories and so on till i'm bored by the game.

Actual toughts on the game after few hours:

- Promising. That's a sure thing.
( Note: Don't expect to get the same feelings than in PoE. You won't. ).

Última edição por Heli0nix em 29 de ago de 2016 21:28:31
thx a lot for the info helionix, most apprechiated!

would u say it feels like wolcen is going to me more of an oldschool-like arpg compared to PoE?
― Christopher Hitchens

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional