WOLCEN - Lords of Mayhem

Man game jumped up high on the Steam sales charts all of a sudden, I think the video Rhykker out out a few days ago on it might have done it... :o

Yea I noticed that game is finally on the 1st page of "Global Top Sellers" on Steam. Is it getting close to full release yet? I will have to give it another try since the reviews seem VERY POSITIVE currently!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
"
MickeyDankMouse escreveu:
Yea I noticed that game is finally on the 1st page of "Global Top Sellers" on Steam. Is it getting close to full release yet? I will have to give it another try since the reviews seem VERY POSITIVE currently!

No where near release, it's still alpha, and they are mostly working on game mechanics.

The story areas won't make it into the game for quite a while

Last I played there were some pretty serious bugs that essentially killed your character well before they ran out of life, so that's kept me from booting it up. I check for patches every few days though.

I enjoy what's on offer but this push to introduce lots of new mechanics within an incomplete story in an incomplete state is...not encouraging. Both D3 and PoE did that, and both ended up really, really cluttered by said mechanics, while the story was little more than scaffolding to kill shit. You could argue that's par for the course with ARPGs but I'd argue it doesn't have to be.

That and what might work in the first half of the first act might not work for the rest of the game, mechanically.

We'll see.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
They should be working on the content alongside the mechanics, as they are. It's the only way to do it really. It makes perfect sense that they need to push the mechanics into a smaller test area on the online realm first to get them all functioning while they work on completing the content behind the scenes.

Just give them their time.

Best thing you can do is give them feedback. Been busy with other things, but last i played i was highly concerned with some mechanics like the what is it called umbra/rage thing seeming to just limit build diversity and add annoyance more than anything else etc. Then again that was a while ago, maybe they improved it.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Última edição por Crackmonster em 2 de fev de 2018 19:57:00
I decided to jump onto the wolcen train thanks to GhazzyTV video.

What convinced me to give it a shot was mode with arena and endless waves and graphic visuals thanks to cryengine. I rly have been hoping for a long time for PoE to make a bold leap and switch to some high tech graphics engine. I had a tight budget for gamin this time around so i was kinda torn whether to buy poe supporter pack or get wolcen. I chose the latter this time.

Im sad a bit that recent additions to poe while beeing respectful to hard work that GGG have put in have still somewhat disspointed me.

- Pantheon system ... meh
- 3.1 "endgame patch" that delivered yet again more maps , more bosses more items... same old stuff ... smells like no creativity in my book.

Maybe im just burnt out of poe but im afraid its a symptom of much more serious thing for me.

Anyway thats just my 5cents.

IGN : Sir_Big
Wolcen is a GREAT panacea for the PoE blues. Everything PoE gets wrong as an ARPG experience, Wolcen gets right.

But it'll never replace PoE. They're really different beasts.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
They're trying to take things that work from both D3 and PoE and merge it into something... better? Haven't played it, but it looks like they know what they are doing.

Question is: can they keep up the pace of PoE's leagues? I mean, you can make a game, but what PoE has achieved is keeping people in, and adding new leagues/content that kept people for ages here.

I also see some weird, probably worthless additions that aim to make people talk about the game: third arm, mutations and some other shit.
That is worrisome. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq escreveu:
They're trying to take things that work from both D3 and PoE and merge it into something... better? Haven't played it, but it looks like they know what they are doing.

Question is: can they keep up the pace of PoE's leagues? I mean, you can make a game, but what PoE has achieved is keeping people in, and adding new leagues/content that kept people for ages here.

I also see some weird, probably worthless additions that aim to make people talk about the game: third arm, mutations and some other shit.
That is worrisome. :V

I think it feels more like Diablo 1 and Poe mixed together.
Will wait for full release or at least an advanced beta. I learned my lesson with early access. Looks promising. If they ever finish it.
Censored.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional