Favorite/most memorable villain?

"
Turtledove escreveu:
Kilgrave in Jessica Jones TV series. Any suggestion he made, people felt utterly compelled to follow it. He had a very interesting power for a super villain that I found entertaining.
I thoroughly enjoyed that first season. If I were to try my best to project myself into the mind of the TDS sufferer at the time — wow, that sounds super mean and partisan, but I really mean it empathetically and I'm not trying to politicize this thread, but I digress — I can really see how Jessica Jones' modern Mule ticks all of the boxes. The one-man rape culture, the incomprehensible power of his persuasion, the isolation of seeming to be the only one immune, the victim/hero paradox of the protagonist — it was such an excellent tapping into the zeitgeist of 2016, without even having the benefit of being written after or during the events of that year. Truly a work of art. Plus, Roth was amazing.

------

I don't know who my favorite villain is, but I know which has my favorite musical theme.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Jack of blades.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Handsome Jack from borderlands
I dont see any any key!
Darth Vader
/endthread
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Omega Rugal
This is a really tough question from "all-time villains". Don't even know where to begin, honestly.

Of recent note, Tywin Lannister was acted so phenomenally that GoT has really felt hollow to me since he's been gone. Granted none of the characters are textbook villains in GoT, but planning the Red Wedding alone has to put him under that label.

I saw Joker and Lecter coming at least. IMO Joker is too messy of a character; almost everything is interchangeable between different variations. Joker originally didn't even have a backstory, and the legendary vat of acid is a later addition.

"
FCK42 escreveu:
"Bondrewd the novel" from Made in Abyss.
If the Major from Hellsing is both "evil" and "war incarnated", then Bondrewd is "devoid of morality" and "Science and curiosity without restraint". He seeks one thing and one thing only: more knowledge. He went beyond anything that could be considered human (aside from his vessel at some points), became virtually immortal and close to invulnerable and gladly sacrifices anyone or anything to further his cause. He isn't particularly "evil" or cruel in the usual sense, he is just completely and utterly devoid of any kind of morality. Imagine him to be a less kindhearted and even more devoted-to-science Shou Tucker from fullmetal alchemist, with all the time and resources he could hope for.
The worst part? Even if you manage to "beat him", he lives on. And would most likely thank you for providing some valuabe data.

I found him to be disturbing to the utmost degree. Not (only) because of what he does, but because of why he does it. While not to the same degree, I feel like it's entirely possible for people like him to actually exist. That's what I found to be the most unsettling and memorable about his character.

Sounds pretty similar to the Major, yeah. Their essences just represent different things.

"
鬼殺し escreveu:
Vernon Schillinger -- Oz

Oh maaaaan, I had forgotten all about Oz. Never watched the full series. The death of Adebisi kind of took a lot of character out of the series. I didn't even like him all that much, but it still became a drag to watch afterwards.

To each their own, I guess.
Madara Uchiha from Naruto Shippuden.

There is nothing more memorable than 1 dude destroying thousands of ninjas by himself ^^ :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfousO0aK48
Please don't mute me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<(°) FAKE TOUCANS, FAKE PRAYERS (°)>
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Please don't mute me
Ever, not just Path of Exile?

Excluding Path of Exile, I'd have to go with the ones that pop media always reminds us of which is Heath Ledger's Joker and Anthony Hopkin's Cr. Hannibal Lector. But one that is rarely mentioned that I was terrifed when I was a kid was

Actually, the most convincing villain I enjoyed from his speach talking about humans like a cancer that I found really interesting was

And a villain that was so good until it was crap that ruined an entire series (as in WORST VILLAIN EVER)
Spoiler

Fuck you, loser

"
Shovelcut escreveu:

Mark Hamill's Joker > Heath Ledger's Joker

:)

true

Honorable Mention:

Also

Última edição por ThunderBiome em 5 de mar de 2019 02:24:11

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta: