3.9| Stress-Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |SSF the Atlas w/ 1 Button & Any Gear|Dungeon Crawl PoE!

"
Pip_n_Tip escreveu:
@foogalicious,

You do not have Hatred linked to Generosity. So when your ball lightning kicks off and procs Ele Eq...it's doing you no good because YOU just hit them with cold damage (via Ball Lightning + Hatred).

Thanks for looking into my build Pip! But I have a big but... (I have a big butt too, but that's neither here nor there right now) Here is my concern: I thought hatred only added cold to physical attacks, so that my ball lightning would safely do lightning damage only. At least that was what I got from my reading of the gem descriptions. Is there any way to check and see whether El.EQ. is proc'ing with the ball lightning just to be sure? I'd hate to use up a gem slot for generosity, as well as re-colouring and rearranging things if it is not needed.

"
Don't link your carrion golem to minion life. It's a waste.

Funny you should mention that. I had come to the same conclusion, which is what led me to wonder what other kind of golem I could use in the glove slot that dumping minion life would free up. And if I can get away with not using generosity, I may just do that still.

"
You may want to consider self-clicking ball lightning if you are getting slapped around. This way you can stand back and cast and activate Ele Eq so your minions can get the buff without you having to take damage first.

Funny you should mention that too! I was daydreaming about poe at work today and thought maybe I should just set ball lightning to cast with the scroll wheel press so I could stand out of harm's way if I wanted to, as well as to free up a gem slot.

But now you have me all frazzled with this ball lightning + hatred causing cold damage worry. So I'm just going to sit on everything until I can get confirmation that yep, that's a thing and I need to deal with it!

Once that's all ironed out, I'm going to try dumping both my minion life supports like you suggest (some maps with truly evil mods kill my zombies, but they seem to survive most things pretty well) and get a multistrike and maybe even splurge on an empower that's already been leveled up.

edited to add: whelp, I'm an impatient soul and mucked about with my set-up even before getting an answer. I went and dumped both minion life supports. Then I set up the hatred/generosity support link in my gloves, (figuring it'll be good even if I end up NOT needing it to keep my ball lightning strictly lightningy ...lightning-ish?) I moved my carrion golem to the body armour and linked him up with zombies so he can get all that nice support gem action, and added multistrike in place of elemental army support. All of which all left me with an extra slot for my new stone golem. Time to go level these babies up and see if Drox will f*ck me up more gently next go-round. I am still curious regarding whether the generosity support link to the hatred aura was absolutely necessary or not, though.

Zombie on, rawr!
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
Última edição por Foogalicious em 22 de jan de 2020 23:50:11
"
Foogalicious escreveu:
"
Pip_n_Tip escreveu:
@foogalicious,

You do not have Hatred linked to Generosity. So when your ball lightning kicks off and procs Ele Eq...it's doing you no good because YOU just hit them with cold damage (via Ball Lightning + Hatred).

Thanks for looking into my build Pip! But I have a big but... (I have a big butt too, but that's neither here nor there right now) Here is my concern: I thought hatred only added cold to physical attacks, so that my ball lightning would safely do lightning damage only. At least that was what I got from my reading of the gem descriptions. Is there any way to check and see whether El.EQ. is proc'ing with the ball lightning just to be sure? I'd hate to use up a gem slot for generosity, as well as re-colouring and rearranging things if it is not needed.

"
Don't link your carrion golem to minion life. It's a waste.

Funny you should mention that. I had come to the same conclusion, which is what led me to wonder what other kind of golem I could use in the glove slot that dumping minion life would free up. And if I can get away with not using generosity, I may just do that still.

"
You may want to consider self-clicking ball lightning if you are getting slapped around. This way you can stand back and cast and activate Ele Eq so your minions can get the buff without you having to take damage first.

Funny you should mention that too! I was daydreaming about poe at work today and thought maybe I should just set ball lightning to cast with the scroll wheel press so I could stand out of harm's way if I wanted to, as well as to free up a gem slot.

But now you have me all frazzled with this ball lightning + hatred causing cold damage worry. So I'm just going to sit on everything until I can get confirmation that yep, that's a thing and I need to deal with it!

Once that's all ironed out, I'm going to try dumping both my minion life supports like you suggest (some maps with truly evil mods kill my zombies, but they seem to survive most things pretty well) and get a multistrike and maybe even splurge on an empower that's already been leveled up.

Zombie on, rawr!

Hey Foog, I thought I'd chime in so you don't have to wait to long worry about hatred/generosity.

Here is from the first page where wrecker describes the gems: "Hatred - Adds cold damage to our allies, as a result increasing the chill effect on enemies.
-Generosity Support - Greatly improves Hatred. Typically, auras affect both the caster and their allies. When you attach Generosity to an aura, it improves the aura substantially for your allies but removes the entire effect on yourself. Perfect :)."

Generosity REMOVES the hatred from our character and only applies to minions/allies... you can test by setting it up and casting ball lightening... you'll see the enemies say "vulnerable too cold & fire" because you struck them with lightening which ties into the EE Talent in the tree. Hope that makes since.

I would also recommend... if you can buy a Vaal Arc use it with curse on hit and enfeeble, someone recommended it earlier and I love it depends if you want an extra button to click or not (plus one more free gem slot)

I recently switched a few points to take TWO golems (stone/carrion) and am loving that! Also trying out Multistrike and consecration effect for zombies now (I AM Scared to F*** up my 5 link by trying to get two reds and purchase an empower but WTH might try it!)

I'll take any pointers on my set up too if anyone sees, ive bought a few fun upgrades the last few days (MADE my first 50 choas trading this week!)

RAWR ZOMBEZZZZZ
"
TheGangsta escreveu:
Generosity REMOVES the hatred from our character and only applies to minions/allies... you can test by setting it up and casting ball lightening... you'll see the enemies say "vulnerable too cold & fire" because you struck them with lightening which ties into the EE Talent in the tree. Hope that makes since.

Thanks for the tip, Gangsta. Now to find a tanky and slow enemy that I can test that tooltip out on :)
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
"
Foogalicious escreveu:

Ya' know, that's a good point.
I would link it to generosity anyway but like TheGangsta says...try going out to an easy area without minions and casting Ball and mouse over the mob and see what it says. I have never tried that.
When you mouse over the Ball Lightning skill tooltip with/without Hatred does it say anything about added cold damage?

I thought Hatred would a dash of cold damage to any of your attacks/spells no matter what.

Play it safe and link it to generosity anyway IMO. But I'm gonna go log onto my W_o_D (this build) char and check it out.

Also, don't play evil maps. Reroll 'reflect phys or ele" & no +crit multipliers. That kills anybodys zombies. Not just yours.

EDIT: Back from checking this out. I think you are correct. Ball Lightning does NOT transmit any cold damage since there is no physical damage to convert. HOWEVER, :) I would link it to Generosity anyway due to the huge buff Generosity gives Hatred.

Good to know. Thank you.
Última edição por Pip_n_Tip em 23 de jan de 2020 00:37:10
"
Foogalicious escreveu:
I moved my carrion golem to the body armour and linked him up with zombies so he can get all that nice support gem action, and added multistrike in place of elemental army support. All of which all left me with an extra slot for my new stone golem. Time to go level these babies up and see if Drox will f*ck me up more gently next go-round. I am still curious regarding whether the generosity support link to the hatred aura was absolutely necessary or not, though. [/i]

Zombie on, rawr!

If you remove your CWDT from your Ball Lightning, move your Carrion Golem back down to your gloves in that now open slot and put Ele Army back in with your zombies.
Ele Army good with this build since we are using EE and Hatred. Or at least it is much, much better than having Carrion Golem there.
EDIT: Or at least until you get a 6-link. With 5-links I would not put golem there.

Must remember grasshopper, golem only there for its buffs. Remain focused on your real source of DPS - zombies & skellies. The light shall come and bless everyone.

At some point I removed Ele Army from my zombie 6-link. I want to say it was because I wanted to eek out as much phys/zombie damage as I could (which in turn pushed my zombie cold damage higher). I didn't need the +ele resists to minions so I'm thinking I must have switched over to multistrike at that point.

P.S. Such a good point about Hatred & Ball Lightning. I am humbled by your stupid, stupid knowledge/common sense. Well done master zombie pimp. I leveled up in real life necro knowledge. Sort of.

Zombie on!
Última edição por Pip_n_Tip em 23 de jan de 2020 01:26:45
"
Pip_n_Tip escreveu:
Ele Army good with this build since we are using EE and Hatred. Or at least it is much, much better than having Carrion Golem there.

And how! I shuffled the golem out of there and re-inserted the EE. Plus linked generosity to Hatred to improve the buff on the zombies. End result is I am cutting through mobs at a noticeably faster rate now. Even more so after buying a good convoking wand.

I just got Drox hideout back up and am going to give it a go. We'll see if the improvements are enough or whether I need to bump up some more of my gear.

edited to add: I only died once when I got distracted by my phone, and after respawning I kicked his candy ass! RAWRRR!

Zombie on!
Knowledge is power.
Power corrupts.
Stay stupid.
Última edição por Foogalicious em 23 de jan de 2020 23:02:36
hello: i have a The Hungry Loop, Unset Ring which am going to use it with spectres i got minion dmg gem sofar, what else would be good ? is blood magic good?
"
Kingx escreveu:
hello: i have a The Hungry Loop, Unset Ring which am going to use it with spectres i got minion dmg gem sofar, what else would be good ? is blood magic good?

If you are going to use Spectres I would use these gems.
Blood Magic, Minion Life, Minion Damage, Brutality,

Keep in mind some spectres are better then others.
It really depends if you want them to be offensive or defensive.

2 spectres to consider are Carnage Chieftain and Host Chieftain.
Carnage Chieftain (Act 2, The Old Fields) give your minions Frenzy Charges.
Host Chieftain (found in The Riverways, The Southern Forest, The Ashen Fields) give your minions Power Charges.

Having these 2 around will buff your zombies, skeletons.

Also you have to remember GGG nerfed the number of Spectres the gem gives us.
It is a little hard to get 4 of them now. So you can only get 3.

Slave Drivers (from Act 5, Control Blocks) and Solar Guards (from Act 8, The Solaris Temple) are good offensive Spectres to use.
Risen Vaal Advocate is another good option but a little hard to find.
You have to go to The Temple of Atzoatl to get them.

Slave Drivers are not good for this build, because they do lightning damage and with Elemental Equilibrium they would do only half damage when it matters the most.
Solar Guards are fantastic for clearing maps and while delving (I go with them). And I use Spell Echo and Controlled Destruction supports on a 3-link.
Última edição por M_atrix em 24 de jan de 2020 10:26:50
"
M_atrix escreveu:
Slave Drivers are not good for this build, because they do lightning damage and with Elemental Equilibrium they would do only half damage when it matters the most.
Solar Guards are fantastic for clearing maps and while delving (I go with them). And I use Spell Echo and Controlled Destruction supports on a 3-link.

Oh yeah your right they would do less damage.

Yes go with Solar Guards, and spell echo like M_atrix metion would be good as well. They would get 2 uses of their Fireball skill on each cast.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional