Eyefinity / Surround UI centering support

"
Izibaar escreveu:
I don't understand people that play such games with more than one monitor. I don't like the normal 16:9 screen, because it feels wrong when you can see more to the left and right.

Everything is better in widescreen for me. I even hacked my PS2 games to play them in widescreen on my PC. But Eyefinity may be some kind of unfair advantage when it comes to cutthroat leagues.
yeah wouldnt you get an advantage over single monitor users?

i think i remember the devs saying they dont want any advantages to be gained from hardware.
"
Float escreveu:

i think i remember the devs saying they dont want any advantages to be gained from hardware.

Especially since they already refuse to let players zoom out more for that very reason.
+1, would be nice to have eyefinity/surround vision support. Diablo 3 finally fixed it, but they didn't create images far enough to the left and right in some places. This game doesn't have that issue this far. Just a stretched UI.
Centered UI support would be wonderful. Even for 16:9 users. I'm sure some people would prefer the health and mana orbs close to the center. Something like a checkbox in the UI section of the options: "Stretch UI [ ]" would make sense. When checked (default) the UI would behave as it does now. When unchecked, the UI would be centered and behave as if it was limited by a 4:3 screen.

This might require slightly modifying the outside edges of the UI art so that it doesn't just cut off. I know that's not something that GGG has a lot of extra resources to do. But I really think it would improve the gameplay experience for many people (not just triple monitor users) so I think it's a pretty worthwhile task when weighed against other art tasks.
"
Kung escreveu:
Centered UI support would be wonderful. Even for 16:9 users. I'm sure some people would prefer the health and mana orbs close to the center. Something like a checkbox in the UI section of the options: "Stretch UI [ ]" would make sense. When checked (default) the UI would behave as it does now. When unchecked, the UI would be centered and behave as if it was limited by a 4:3 screen.

This might require slightly modifying the outside edges of the UI art so that it doesn't just cut off. I know that's not something that GGG has a lot of extra resources to do. But I really think it would improve the gameplay experience for many people (not just triple monitor users) so I think it's a pretty worthwhile task when weighed against other art tasks.

I agree, the option to center the UI would be nice. Maybe even down the road opening up the UI to mods (kinda like how WoW does) so that we can place things wherever we think they make sense.
msg/pm me if I've won any bids or want to contact for sales. @SteveDelucia
"
golem09 escreveu:
"
Float escreveu:

Especially since they already refuse to let players zoom out more for that very reason.

Actually I'm pretty sure that's because the models can't really be zoomed out further without holes appearing.
sorry but this DOES give a huge advantage over people with one screen.

have to say im against it. this IS a competitive game after all.
If u think someones going to win for example a one week race because hes using three screens i got some news for you.

I use one screen, and i could care less if they gain a bit of something in the end using three screens takes more effort to play then one.

"Only speak if it improves the silence" - Ghandi

My 5c only shop thread : 1740931
My expensive ass shop : 1741393
"
dazed1992 escreveu:
If u think someones going to win for example a one week race because hes using three screens i got some news for you.

I use one screen, and i could care less if they gain a bit of something in the end using three screens takes more effort to play then one.

Explain to me how having more screens requires more effort? That doesn't make any sense.

Having more screens probably gives some advantage, but I don't think it's any kind of ridiculous advantage. It's pretty minimal if any. I'm sure something similar could be achieved by running in windowed mode in some strange resolution. If you think it's giving an advantage to people with better hardware, so is having any kind of better hardware in general. A smoother, less lag-inducing experience is an advantage, and one that GGG can't do anything about. So they have more screen space and can see more, good for them.

At the least, maybe GGG could make it so the extra screen display inventory windows, social panels, character information, etc. instead of actual game environment. Surely nobody would have any complaints about that (well, ok, someone would, but nobody who actually matters :P )
msg/pm me if I've won any bids or want to contact for sales. @SteveDelucia

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional