:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

No one touch MY waifu...!

"
鬼殺し escreveu:
Episode 89 of Gineiden.

I think we'll do something lighter after this. Maybe Grave of the Fireflies.

That sounds... tough. Have you seen Flying Witch or Bokura wa minna kawaisou yet? When it comes to lighthearted or relaxing series, those are the ones I would recommend. Because honestly... it sounds like you need one of those right now. I don't know a lot about their availability though...

Finished Steins;Gate just now... only to find out that it also has 4 specials, a movie and an OVA that bridges the gap to zero...
Well, at least I don't have to worry about missing interesting stuff to watch for the next few days.
And, once again, I apologise for not having watched it earlier. It was a mistake, I admit that.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
^i clicked that spoiler and now i hate myself since i haven't watched it yet and didn't know anything about zero.

I thought there was going to be some comment inside of that one, what a bummer.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Cool, i thought i fucked up royali.

The spoiler was fine but with the ... i was expecting some commentary add-on inside :p not a rough tl;dr

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し escreveu:
I feel almost as bad about stopping my bluray Gurenn Lagann attempt at episode 4 as FCK42 felt about not watching Steins;gate. Maybe worse. I just can't seem to figure out where it slot it. After Gineiden I want to keep milking this hidive subscription...and they have quite a bit...

Earlier you mentioned made in abyss and houseki no kuni (which I regretted not having watched earlier as much as I did with steins;gate. If for nothing else watch it for the sheer visual spectacle, this one is GOOOOD 3D stuff)... the two (mostly) undisputed best anime of last year. If you can watch them, do so. As soon as possible. Both feature and interesting story, lots of secrets, brilliant animation in their own ways and amazing soundtracks (I mean, have you heard the made in abyss insert song "hanezeve caradina"? That one gave me chills, it was just THAT amazing).
I can't say it often enough, watch these the very moment an opportunity arises.
"
FCK42 escreveu:
Huh... today's episode of DFXX was... trigger. Very much so. They just HAD to make it ancient galactic battle for the survival of entire species. Well, what did I expect.

how is witch academia about human kinds last stance in a galactic battle?

how is frankxx a trigger-esque anime?

what you wrote applies to dragonball just as well: "galactic battle for the survival of the entire species".

let me help you out here: watch any scene from any episode of kill la kill or witch academia. preferably a dialogue- or slice-of-life-scene.
count how many cuts and animated objects and even methods of animation you get per minute. those numbers, thats trigger. and thats ignoring the pacing, development of the story and characters in both these series.
now watch any scene from frankxx, preferably combat, and count again.

the genius of trigger is (was?) that they could turn anything into action.
whereas marvel etc follow a inflationary logic of action, throwing moons at planets, having two digit numbers of heroes battle it out in one scene -
the genius of trigger (and others, like madhouse) is working out the potential for absurd action in everyday occurences and even the boring (like: a lecture). thats related to the body-humor (or rather: body-action) of the marx-brothers, chaplin, or jackie chan whose movies pack more actual action than most contemporary "action"-movies.

"
鬼殺し escreveu:
DFXX was far, far too easy to drop.

oh, but everybody just MUST see eva at least three times in their life!
that should be some kinda law, like who are you anyways if you havent seen eva? how is it not mandatory for schools to teach eva-logy in literature-class, such an intellectual scandal, really!
such a masterpiece, really! not one episode of filler and certainly no stupid expo-dumps as in frankxx!
like, when you watch eva, you will watch all the 15 or whatever episodes in one session, its just impossible to drop it!
so nicely, artistically and lushly animated, such great characters, and the story and philosophy and psychology behind cant even be described by words, or at least not in under 10k words of a SCIENTIFIC paper!
and its not like you had to watch eva till the end to "get it", lulZ.
frankxx is just trash in comparism, in every single aspect of aspects its just factually inferior.

so yeah, dropping animes or movies or books halfway through can be an intellectually honest thing to do, esp. since none of this applies to the masterpiece that is eva.
lulZ.
*Sigh*
At it again, Paolo?
Ok, I exaggerated a little bit with my statement, but even you have to admit that trigger likes to blow things out of proportion.
Spoilers ahead for a lot of trigger stuff
Little witch academia? True, the universe isn't really at risk in that one (as far as I am concerned), but the world is due to some out of control magic weapon.
Then we have kiznaiver, where a simple experiment with a few students threatens to throw the entire city into chaos.
In Inou battle wa Nichijou-kei no naka de, it turns out that the events aren't something that happened only to that group of five or six (it's been a while since I've seen that one), but it's a global ocurrence, heralding another, larger event in the future (I think it was a war with the fairies or something like that).
Space patrol luluco was a lot of action in those short episodes and a reference to pretty much every other trigger show, which wrnt from a school setting to huge space fights.
The thing about Darling in the FranXX is, it's not only trigger, it's A1 aswell, making it pretty much gainax from what I've heard. And even you can't deny that gainax made a series that goes way over the top over the course of it. It starts with two guys working in some underground shelter, digging for resources and ends with a mech inside a mech inside a mech inside a mech that is bigger than our uiverse, standing on top of a spiral galaxy, throwing other, smaller spiral galaxies at their opponent. That worked for Gurren Lagann, but it almost seems as if Darling in the FranXX tries to do the same thing. And I don't really see it working a 2nd time.
I'm pretty sure that's not what the majority thinks though, given the rating it currently has.
I personally don't think the recent changes in the story of DFXX will make it better. But, it will most definitely lead to more action. And as far as I know, that's what trigger is known for for the most part: good, if not brilliant action scenes that are often large in scale. Trigger made some truly awesome fights in the past and I' sure they will continue to do that.
Now, if you want to see the ordinary become action, watch nichijou.I can highly recommend that one, even off those few episodes I saw.

Other than all that, I want to say that I respect your opinion, but pretty much completely disagree. Further discussion is pointless and would only put this thread at the risk of getting locked if it continues any longer.
"
鬼殺し escreveu:
Fucking tryhard.

reported.

lulZ, this coming from a guy who considers silly anime-stories worthy of literary criticism, and who posts 15 walls of text per day on a forum for a game he does neither play nor like - thats rich.

now go report me too.
after all, what i wrote here is so much more insulting (and certainly not factual, as in not verifiable) than your comment. i see how creative writing class paid off. can you bless me with a poem on my mom?
"
FCK42 escreveu:

That worked for Gurren Lagann, but it almost seems as if Darling in the FranXX tries to do the same thing.

they are totally different. gurren lagann is gloriously silly.
just as in kill la kill, the characters are really only the means to drive forward a hillarious story and action. they are sterotypes with just enough traits to like them. they never get in the way of the action.
unlike trash like eva or frankxx, where every single character is oh-so-deep and needs to be examined pseudo-psychologically by devoting entire episodes to them.
frankxx wants to be another eva, and that is why its boring.

"
FCK42 escreveu:
it will most definitely lead to more action.

even the action in frankxx sucks. nothing original or elaborate about it. they went all out in the first episode to get the hype going.... but thats it.
"
鬼殺し escreveu:
Ignore it. We didn't miss its absence, we hardly benefit from its presence.

we both know you have to agree with some of the things i write (you actually do).
dont let your your pride and defiance corrupt your intellect.
did you approach your studies with the same safespace-mentality? according to how you carry yourself on this forum, youd be laughed out of the classes i attend ....or crawl out of them yourself, in tears.

"
鬼殺し escreveu:
Anyway I read the synopses of the latest handful of episodes, and...I'm sorry, I really am. It sounds really stupid [...]

eva however is such a masterpiece, even when you read up the plot on wikipedia, thats pure genius and poetry.
such. good. writing.

"
鬼殺し escreveu:
and without any saving graces like memorable music, complex characters or even particularly well animated action.

oh look, you agree with me, wtf?
better edit that part out, as you do with so many of your posts. dont sink to my level.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional