E-Sport; Real sport or waste of time?

This is a thread to discuss the community view on E-Sports. Do you believe e-sports to be a respected form of competition? Do you have favorite "athletes" in the e-sport world? Or maybe you think it is silly, and a waste of time, if so why? Is there a bright future ahead for E-sports or is it just a fad? Leave your thoughts on this below.
I wouldn't call it a sport since its the polar opposite of all other sports. It should have its own category.

Same thing goes for chess.
In my opinion, e-sports can be a real sport, since sport represents competition, which e-sports has, honestly, I have more favorite "athletes" in starcraft II then any physical sport, (football, soccer etc).

A few are, EGHuk, Neatea, MC, Idra, SlayersDragon, and more however I do not wanna bore you more then I may have already lol.

E-Sports ftw!

I love e-sport, it's the best

I can't stand "Real Sports", watching a few idiots kick a ball around, and pretending to be hurt?

Or hitting a little golf ball with a club? come on, that's laughable.
Última edição por Ascadian92 em 10 de set de 2011 13:45:19
I loved it when counter-strike was at it's peak. Those were my fav esports days. Now I don't really follow any games since I don't think there are any as close to being as competitive as CS was.
E-Sports are amazing! I also believe they take A LOT more skill than real sports. Plus it already has a fan base of easily over 500,000 people. So yes it's a real sport imo :D
https://www.Twitch.tv/odyttv
At its core, these are not technically activities that can be defined as a sport using the composite definition of sport.

As competitions they are valid, as sports they are really not.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Real athletes require more than just playing the game over and over to get good at it. You need to stay in shape,go to the gym, regular check ups,strict diets, doping tests. If you get injured it requires costly surgery and months of rehab and hard work to get back on your game.

All this hard work and sacrifice is just not present in video games. In most cases, your character already has preset skills and stats, all you have to do is make decisions on how to itemize,aim your shots and what strategy you will use and you get to redo this every game. You take more the role of a coach than the role of the actual athlete, and even then theres no unexpected setback to your game, it's not like a playable character is gonna choke or get injured.

I won't argue that "esports" are really competitive and fun to watch but calling them sports is just insulting to real athletes. But then again this discussion has been done before over Poker. I mean cmon, poker is a sport? you gotta be kidding me.
Eh. It's neither a sport or a waste of time. It's a different kind of competitive scene that draws a crowd. Nothing wrong with that, imho.
All my life I have been fascinated by e-sports and I consider them being an opportunity to earn money and get know to new people.

E-sports should gain more popularity in recognition in next few years, because now youth culture slowly moves from getting wasted to getting into gaming.

Although I hate term 'e-sports'. I prefer term
'Cybersport'.

And as for favourite cyber-athletes - definitely Cypher, Moon, Fatal1ty, Artstyle.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional