[1.1.0] ShinyGyarados' Dual Flame Totem Templar

I've been messing around with this for the past couple of days, and once I finally reached the point where I could start using Flame Totems, it got to be extremely easy and fun. My only complaint would be the fact that the "dead zone" where you can't actually use the build's primary focus is almost an entire difficulty, but once you get past that point it's extremely fun and easy. I actually got my first hardcore normal difficulty clear with this build (It's also the first build I actually looked up instead of just throwing something together...) so I would very much recommend.
Ok I'm trying this build out now, and still haven't finished normal so still can't use totems, but here goes my question. What's the point in taking "increased speed in summoning totem" points over totem dmg nodes?

btw Playing on nemesis, so hopefully will work out.

EDIT: Well that wasn't optional one. So between casting speed for totems and totem dmg casting speed is better?
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/816814
Última edição por GoranH em 31 de jan de 2014 21:44:04
Also how do you deal with undying mobs mod? Apart from repositioning them strategically or until they get the stream across rare with undying mod. Since totems aren't the brighest (but still less of an annoyance than minions)

Also what about sceptre's?

Using this now, and also thing sceptre with this base mode will be viable as well end-game.

P.S. Insanely fun build to play, and totems do so much dmg it's unreal. (act 1 cruel, still everything melts)
[1.1.0] Invasion/Ambush - Exiled Fiery Dragons (self-found / newbie friendly / invasion tested)
Última edição por GoranH em 1 de fev de 2014 02:00:48
Hey guys.

If this build is viable, why do I keep reading dual spark totem are no longer viable ?

Thanks for the explanations
"
GoranH escreveu:
Also how do you deal with undying mobs mod? Apart from repositioning them strategically or until they get the stream across rare with undying mod. Since totems aren't the brighest (but still less of an annoyance than minions)

Also what about sceptre's?

Using this now, and also thing sceptre with this base mode will be viable as well end-game.

P.S. Insanely fun build to play, and totems do so much dmg it's unreal. (act 1 cruel, still everything melts)
To answer your questions: I picked Cast Speed for Summoning Totem over Totem damage to reduce the amount of time from when I click to when I start dealing damage. Totems can still get damaged before they start shooting out fire, and picking these nodes reduces that time gap. Totem Damage nodes are icing on the cake for this build. Again, if you feel like you need more damage, by all means get the damage node. As for Scepters, it doesn't matter what weapon you use, find the one that will give you the most DPS for your totems. I suggested a wand and shield earlier because they are more likely to roll mods that synergize with this build. That doesn't mean you have to use a wand and shield.
"
Kalissar escreveu:
Hey guys.

If this build is viable, why do I keep reading dual spark totem are no longer viable ?

Thanks for the explanations
Part of the reason is because they reduced Spark's initial critical strike chance. Another reason that this totem build excels is because it doens't need to be linked to Spell Totem gem as it's already a totem. That frees up a gem slot.
"
Hello fellow Exiles!

I don't post much but I wanted to say thank you for your build suggestion.

Currently playing in Nemesis and whilst it's still challenging due to my gear and HP pool, it's quite good fun to watch the enemies melt away. Last night, for instance, I was with a full group on our way to Piety (Cruel) and they were impressed with the DPS output - plus I solo'd Kole which was hairy at times but adrenaline pumping fun all the same.

Cain_the_Mad
can i run this build with other spells ? like spark for example ?
Hey man thanks for the awesome build, thinking of making this my first build for the new leagues coming up. Currently lvl63 doing piety runs, should be hitting maps within the next few days, lvled solo the whole way had no issue with bosses at all. (was lvling with a Tabula Rasa switched over to a 5link Infernal Mantle when i could)

Great chill build

Also Flame Totem with Acceleration Shrine is hell of fun

Does Iron Grip work with totems? As if it did, it's close to 2 12% life nodes and 1 30dex node, and some flame nodes.
Última edição por GoranH em 2 de fev de 2014 21:44:57

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional