The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

How do you plan to prevent people from ALT-F4-ing when someone higher level than them shows up, or when the fight is going bad for them?
Why not a permanent Cut-Throat league?
Oh boy, cutthroat!

"
Preventing players from forming parties helps solve the roaming-death-squad problem while also opening up some awesome friendly fire situations. You have to really trust your friends if they could take advantage of your low health by firing a few well-placed fireballs and taking your gear.

I suggest you adjust this so that if you make an instance while not in a group, you enter a solo instance - groups cannot enter your instance. If you join a group, or are in a group at any point while in an instance that you own, your instance becomes a group instance, and is invadable by groups.

If a group wants to invade your solo instance, they must disband their group before invading. This leads to the fun that you mentioned:
"
You have to really trust your friends if they could take advantage of your low health by firing a few well-placed fireballs and taking your gear.
and allows grouped players to backstab each other.

"
We're expecting to run some shorter duration events next week (2 hour, 4 hour, 8 hour, for example) and to experiment with longer ones (1 day, 3 day, one week) as we get feedback. Eventually we'd love to run multi-week (or even multi-month) cut-throat leagues if people like that duration!

I suggest you start off with a long-term cutthroat (e.g. 1 week) so you can see what sort of builds people will run in long-term leagues. In short events everyone just goes Glacial Hammer. In long events I think you'll see some much more interesting ones.
IRON MAN
This is great news. Looking forward to being part of the testing of this new league type.
IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
Will we see more post about name & shame / calling names in forum after this?

Can't wait for CT to start soon!
We need ear as a currency for something. Like remove GCP and level your gems with ears ;]
Última edição por nuub em 12 de mar de 2014 04:45:52
"
HerrKaputt escreveu:
How do you plan to prevent people from ALT-F4-ing when someone higher level than them shows up, or when the fight is going bad for them?

Was thinking the same thing. Meta-bailing would be rampant and ruin the spirit of cutthroat; since it would be the most probable and safest defense for most players. If they added a log-out timer then players would just portal back to town relatively quickly.

Also, they'd have to deal with the differential in HP/DPS scaling from low-to-high levels:
(Assuming both players are around equal and fighting each other)
Two 300 hp & 80/DPS will be trading hits for awhile
or
Two 9000 hp & 80,000/DPS will be one-hit killing in less than a second

I love the idea of cutthroat pvp, but the league will require a lot of mechanics unique from the rest of the leagues for it to be workable.
Última edição por PapaPetro em 12 de mar de 2014 04:59:04
Just my preference, but i would love for hardcore cut throught. If i had to choose one thing i like most about poe is the feeling you can get by being the one who stands above the rest. being the highest level and to never have died against all odds. to show off your the best. if there was a perm hardcore cutthrought league..... id probably never log off...
This is awesome. I waited such a long time for a League/Mode like THIS! PLS JUST CARRY ON GRINDING GEAR!! You are doing a fucking great job!

But I want HC cutthroat so I can live out my sword art online phantasies! D:

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional