Rebalancing Corrupted Area and Invasion Bosses (Locked May 16)

Content update 1.1.3 includes a rebalance of bosses in Corrupted Areas and the Invasion league.

Overwhelmingly, feedback on Invasion (and Corrupted Area) bosses is that they're unfairly hard. While we've previously toned them down several times, it became clear that a larger scale rebalance was required. We wanted to retain the feeling of danger, while making sure that players had time to react and choose whether to engage the bosses.

This rebalance is still ongoing and being tested internally, but our current work has involved:
  • The item rewards from these bosses have been rebalanced to be more consistent and fair. None were decreased.
  • Defensive values of these bosses have been reduced substantially. They're not all super tanky any more.
  • Their resistances have been reduced and made consistent. They're not heavily resistant to a single element now.
  • The damage of the more dangerous ones has been decreased.
  • Bosses that summoned additional monsters have been changed to summon fewer monsters. This should also help with graphical performance.
  • Flameblast used by these bosses now looks different than the player version.
  • Corrupted areas are going to receive their own map mod balance (as opposed to using the same ones that our end-game map system currently uses). They're generally the same mods with decreased values. Some of the heavily-build-restrictive ones (like Blood Magic) are gone.

We're expecting to deploy this update late next week.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Última edição por Chris em 15 de mai de 2014 18:55:47
Awesome, will be returning to HC leagues shortly.
IGN: Sin
Última edição por Make_A_Witch_Foundation em 21 de abr de 2014 02:01:33
"
Chris escreveu:
Flameblast used by these bosses now looks different than the player version.

Thanks for this. I always found it stressful when I join a public party and have no idea if the flameblast on the ground is friendly or the kind that will very nearly kill me, frankly it's terrifying.
Sounds promising.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Invasion bosses seem a lot like glorified rogue exiles.
IRON MAN
thanks a lot for all your hard work !
IGN: Megawipe
Will you add corrupted zones to maps? I don't really want to farm level 60 zones with a lvl 82.
+1
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
+2
"
The item rewards from these bosses have been rebalanced to be more consistent and fair. None were decreased.

Insignificant rates.
I killed all invaders before and most after patches.
20 Minutes outranging metalsmith for white/blue junk no thx....

"
The damage of the more dangerous ones has been decreased.

One shot is still oneshot.

Balancing around 90% and change the damage to balance it around 85% is still poor balancing.

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional