elemental equilibrium vs dot

Anyone have evidence on how this works ?
Say you use burning discharge or detonate dead, does the initial explosion raise the fire resist and gimp your burn dmg ?
So if I used a totem with lightning dmg would the full duration of my burn be affected by the lower resist ? or only the initial blast would ?
Also in the case that burning does not count as the original fire hit do subsequent case of the lightning totem a) do more dmg b) momentarily boost the burn due to resist change ?

Sorry for typos and readability in a hurry
"
H4T3MONG3R escreveu:
Anyone have evidence on how this works ?
Say you use burning discharge or detonate dead, does the initial explosion raise the fire resist and gimp your burn dmg ?
Yes
"
So if I used a totem with lightning dmg would the full duration of my burn be affected by the lower resist ? or only the initial blast would ?
Yes, your totem will almost constantly apply lightning damage which will lower fire res, and that's very nice for your fire DoT. I use that config on my searing bond templar: one searing bond totem and one spell totem with arc and faster casting.
"

Also in the case that burning does not count as the original fire hit do subsequent case of the lightning totem a) do more dmg b) momentarily boost the burn due to resist change ?

Sorry for typos and readability in a hurry
I'd say b). Be sure to cast lightning damage as fast as possible to have the longer uptime possible for the resistance changes.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
example with fireball and arc

initial:
75 fire
75 lightning
fireball 1000 damage
burndamage per second = 67% of initial hit
burn duration 5 seconds

process:
arc 1 damage (doesnt matter)
arc -> switch resist - 25 fire 75 lightning
fireball (ignite triggers) -> 1000 * 0.75 = 750 damage ,switch resist - 75 fire 25 lightning
second 1 -> 500 * 0.25 (burn * damage after resist) = 125
arc -> switch resist - 25 fire 75 lightning
second 2-5 -> 500 * 0.75 = 375

total damage without equilibrium:
initial 250
burn/s 168
resist 75
burn/s after resist 42
250 + 5* 42 = 460

total damage with only initial equilibrium
initial 750
burn/s 500
resist 75
burn/s after resist 125
750 + 5*125 = 1375

total damage with equilibrium after 1 second at 75 initial resist:
750 + 125 + 4* 375 = 2375
Última edição por SVD em 10 de mai de 2014 11:02:23
Thank you
A great combo with any EE build is to have your off-element skill also linked to curse on hit and a curse. I have an Explosive Arrow character with this five-link: ice shot, gmp, lifegain on hit, curse on hit, flammability.

Quality on curse on hit can also make your curses hit harder.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Última edição por gilrad em 10 de mai de 2014 21:27:52
One way to fully exploit EE on a burning build is to use Three Dragons and set fire to things with cold damage. That way, the initial hit deals cold damage, igniting the target and destroying their fire resist, and then the target burns (fire damage over time), taking more damage because of their low fire resistance. You can hit them beforehand with some fire damage to take out their cold resist and possibly shock them, or alternatively use lightning as a 'safe' element to boost both the initial hit and any proliferated burns (although lightning freezes, which may be undesirable on a burning proliferation build).
"
Incompetent escreveu:
One way to fully exploit EE on a burning build is to use Three Dragons and set fire to things with cold damage. That way, the initial hit deals cold damage, igniting the target and destroying their fire resist, and then the target burns (fire damage over time), taking more damage because of their low fire resistance. You can hit them beforehand with some fire damage to take out their cold resist and possibly shock them, or alternatively use lightning as a 'safe' element to boost both the initial hit and any proliferated burns (although lightning freezes, which may be undesirable on a burning proliferation build).

Never thought of that combo. Nice work!

I always just went the easy option of searing bond with an arc totem causing EE and shocks.

Elemental hit also worked pretty good until they upped the mana cost to being insane.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Última edição por Wooser69 em 11 de mai de 2014 01:24:55

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional