Did you remove /oos or fix desync?

One of both must've happened in the recent patch.
Either I'm unable to /oos now or I'm actually fully in sync at all times.

Yes... /oos seems to no longer function. Desync is still there, of course.

Edit: Yup, just had a desynced monster next to me. Typed /oos and nothing happened. He disappeared a few moments later.
Última edição por StarlightGamer em 7 de fev de 2013 22:52:24
I'm definitely still desyncing, but I think they may have removed /oos.

This is terrible if true. /oos was the only thing that let me actually play this game sometimes.
"
Ralgor escreveu:
I'm definitely still desyncing, but I think they may have removed /oos.

This is terrible if true. /oos was the only thing that let me actually play this game sometimes.

They really seem to be relying on everyone forgetting desync exists, since they seem to have no idea how to fix it. Having /oos is acknowledging it's a problem, so we hafta fix that!
Everytime someone uses /oos, it has to communicate with the server. I'm guessing it was removed, as to many people were starting to use it, or where using macros for it, so the server was re-syncing instances more often that it usually does. GGG have identified the cuase of most de-syncs, and are working on it. The cause is specific skills by the way. And are looking to change how the skills work under the hood to stop the desyncs.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Última edição por ciknay em 7 de fev de 2013 22:59:37
"
ciknay escreveu:
Everytime someone uses /oos, it has to communicate with the server. I'm guessing it was removed, as to many people were starting to use it, or where using macros for it, so the server was re-syncing instances more often that it usually does. GGG have identified the cuase of most de-syncs, and are working on it. The cause is specific skills by the way. And are looking to change how the skills work under the hood to stop the desyncs.

I figure that's why too, but it really screws over those of us who have bad desync issues.

I've had basic skeletons desync right after entering an instance with no skills being used at all. Skills (whether used by the player or npc) just tend to amplify the desync that's already there. With /oos, you could really see how bad it is.

I really can't play my marauder solo without /oos, so I guess this will finally force me to shelve him for the time being.
"
Hehaw escreveu:

They really seem to be relying on everyone forgetting desync exists, since they seem to have no idea how to fix it. Having /oos is acknowledging it's a problem, so we hafta fix that!

I think they know exactly what the problem is. But I also think the fix isn't simple, and so they're hoping a few band-aids will largely resolve the issue. And it may, but I have a bad feeling about it. If the fix were easy they would have fixed it a year or more ago.
"
ciknay escreveu:

I've been desyncing a lot even on characters without any mobility skills such as Leap Slam, Whirling Blades or what have you
"
zankioh escreveu:
"
ciknay escreveu:

I've been desyncing a lot even on characters without any mobility skills such as Leap Slam, Whirling Blades or what have you

It's possible the sync issues happen to all players as a result of server load from those players that DO use mobility skills. Without seeing the code or being a programmer, I cannot say for sure. I can say I definitely understand why they removed /oos if people were just slamming it like a 'fix it' button and in turn inducing further load on the servers.
Please familiarize yourself with the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory (GIFT) - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Realize that the only part of the equation you can affect in the GIFT is the audience. Remove the audience and the trolls merely rant at the air.
"
zankioh escreveu:
"
ciknay escreveu:

As far as I understand it, it's not just mobility skills making this occur.

I know that a few of my trap skills where causing desync. Not sure about others.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional