[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

Introduction
------------------------
Are you tired of struggling with endgame bosses? Do you like standing around playing dodgeball with Maven’s abilities while your spiders melt her down for you? Do you secretly love spiders? Then this is the build for you!

I have been tweaking this build since Legion league and with the Echoes of the Atlas expansion I have yet again cleared all of the end game deathless. This build originally began by adding my own twist to old Summon Spider builds and I believe that my build is better than many of the older Summon Spider builds that I drew inspiration from.

If you have questions please post on this thread. Don't PM me in game or on forums.

Proof of endgame completion:
Spoiler

Completion of all Maven conditional challenges:

Maven Kill:

Completion of "The Feared" for all passives:

Patch 3.15 Update
------------------------
The Great Skill Gem Nerf has passed and we not only survived, we GAINED damage! While there was a damage loss due to support gem changes, poison damage got increased by 50% MORE GLOBALLY, which affects Spiders! This actually gives us more damage than we had in 3.14! We've gained about 40k DPS per spider, which means we do about 8M DPS now. There's been a few minor changes to the build, make sure to follow them!

-Swapped Melee Physical Damage for Multistrike
-Swapped Punishment for Despair

Videos
------------------------
3.13 Deathless Maven

Spiders do all the damage while we just focus on dodging attacks and keeping Spirit Offering and Enduring Cry up. Pretty easy fight and very fun!

https://youtu.be/MnrbGP0Fef0

3.14 Trialmaster Kill

When time freezes you can gem swap to your single target setup and resummon spiders as soon as you get teleported into the arena. Very easy fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s95LheVnDPg

Map clear Showcase

Beginning of the video is a quick explanation on what you should be doing while clearing as well as a map clear showcase.

https://youtu.be/WbP8K5LpruM

Pros/Cons and Highlights
------------------------

Pros
------------------------
- No 5 or 6 links required
- Minions have a very large aggro range, no need for Feeding Frenzy
- Minions are invincible (literally) and cannot be targeted
- Solid clear speed
- Melts bosses
- Cheap for how much DPS you get
- Can do ALL map mods
- Semi-automated healing
- Tanky

Cons
------------------------
- Summoning mechanic takes some getting used to
- Spiders are on a timer and will despawn at the end of it
- Required uniques can be expensive at league start
- Not SSF friendly
- Summoning spiders in the middle of a fight can be spooky sometimes

Highlights
------------------------
- 8m Shaper DPS @ lvl 92
- 11.2k EHP @ lvl 90
- Enemies are always blinded thanks to a jewel
- Consume corpses every 5 seconds with The Devouring Diadem for instant full
heal
- Automatically generates corpses for Devouring Diadem to eat with Cast when
Damage Taken + Desecrate
- Aspect of the Spider reduces enemy damage and slows them, as well as
increasing the damage they take
- Temporal Chains adds even more slows on top of Aspect of the Spider
- Free 2.2k DMG shield from Bone Armor

How to Summon Spiders
------------------------
1. Cast Desecrate under yourself
2. Start pre-casting under yourself Bane by holding down your hotkey
3. Use Writhing Jar while holding down your Bane hotkey
You must do this as quickly as you can or your corpses will be eaten by Devouring Diadem. This method takes practice and you will mess up a lot at first, but it is the tradeoff for how strong spiders are.

Video below shows this in action with an explanation:
https://youtu.be/ehccVWMwddI

POB Link
------------------------
Spoiler
Realistic Gear lvl 92:
https://pastebin.com/6yjwD9ry

Required Uniques
------------------------
Spoiler

Without these uniques we can’t summon spiders, so they're required.

Highly Recommended Uniques
------------------------
Spoiler

Without this we can’t use all of the auras we want, and we also won’t have the defense boost from the Mind over Matter/Eldritch Battery combo. You can get away with a rare helm but this helm is insanely good for us, no reason to not use it.

Fenumus’s Shroud isn’t a hard requirement but it’s too good to pass up. You can use a rare chest in the meantime if you can’t afford this chest but you really want to get it. The mod “Enemies affected by your spider’s webs deal 10% reduced damage” is a great boost to our defenses, and the energy shield regen mod also makes sure we never run out of mana even when we are getting hit and losing ES due to the Eldritch Battery/Mind over Matter combo.

Blood of the Karui gives us a great heal. If we get chunked for a large portion of our life and use the flask, we start to heal up. If we get hit for a large chunk again, then the flask will again heal us for full HP at the end of its duration. Very nice to have in a big fight with lots of stuff hitting us constantly.

With a medium size Thread of Hope we save a whopping 9 points in the Witch starting area which can be better spent elsewhere. We use Thread of Hope to get Cruel Preparation and Ravenous Horde and avoid having to pick up the inefficient nodes along the way.

The unique jewel Amanamu's Gaze (socketed in my belt here) gives 30% DOT multi to Spiders, which is nearly 600k DPS. This jewel is extremely cheap as well at 2-3 chaos each!

Gear Used in Deathless Maven
------------------------
Spoiler

Make sure you have Aspect of the Spider on one of your rings!

A quick note about my gear: You do not need Aul's Uprising to kill Maven. Instead you can use a rare amulet with life, res, ES and %max ES. However, if you can afford Aul's (was 2ex when I bought it) make sure you get the version that gives lvl 15 Envy Aura. The rest of the gear is pretty cheap and you can definitely get gear similar to this for about 3-4ex total (not including Aul's Uprising).

Gem Links and Explanation
------------------------
Spoiler
Level all gems to 20 or 21 unless otherwise stated.

PUT BONE ARMOR ON YOUR LEFT CLICK

Arakaali’s Fang: Withering Touch - Minion Damage (Predator Support for Atziri/Uber Elder/Drox) - Melee Splash (Melee Physical Damage for bosses)

We use Withering Touch because the focus of this build is scaling the Poison DOT damage of spiders.

Shield: Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Use the two red one green recipe to color your shield.

Helm: Generosity - War Banner - Malevolence - Vaal Haste

For coloring your helm I recommend using the Jeweler method. Get a single socket on the helm that is green for Vaal Haste, then craft two and one sockets over and over until you get a green and a red. Then craft three and two sockets over and over until you get 1 green and 2 reds. Lastly craft 4 sockets and you should get a single blue.

Chest: Carrion Golem - Meat Shield - Feeding Frenzy

ON A SEPARATE THREE LINK IN CHEST: Spirit Offering - Desecrate (lvl 1) - Spell Cascade (lvl 1)

Gloves: Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 1) - Desecrate (lvl 1), Convocation, Anomalous Enduring Cry

This setup allows us to spam corpses whenever we get hit, which will then be consumed by our helm to give us a burst healing

Convocation is included as a way to direct our spiders some. Sometimes they run off and attack something on the other side of the screen while a monster is standing beside you hitting you, so you want to be able to pull them back to save you.

Enduring Cry is a good boost to our regen (acts as a mini life flask) and gives us endurance charges during boss fights. If you can buy the Anomalous version which has a higher Warcry casting speed. Try to spam this whenever it’s up!

Boots: Bane (lvl 21/23) - Temporal Chains (lvl 21/23) - Punishment (lvl 21/23) - Increased Area of Effect
Use Punishment over Despair. Punishment is actually better because it is 80% more damage against low life enemies, which equals out to a 40% more damage buff overall since half of an enemies HP isn't low life and half is. Once an enemy gets to low life they will absolutely melt due to Punishment which makes some boss fights much easier because you can get rid of a boss in their final phase before they have a chance to hit you.

For the 4th link using Increased AOE makes it easier to cover the entire area that worms tend to fall in to as well as making it easier to curse as many enemies as possible.

Jewels
------------------------
Spoiler
Jewels are really important for us as we are somewhat starved for flat life on gear. Stack jewels with these mods:

And then get one jewel that also has:

Use these cluster jewels:

Bandits and Other Info
------------------------
Spoiler
Bandits: Kill All

Pantheon: Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Ryslatha

Soul of the Brine King is VERY important because it stops us from getting chain stunned. If we get hit for a large amount and get stunned, then we will probably get stunned a second time and most likely die. We need to be able to escape and heal.

Soul of Ryslatha for life flask regen during boss fights. Really good to have in long fights like Uber Elder where we have damage but need to focus on sustaining and staying alive while spiders do the damage. This pantheon power also passively gives us charges for Writhing Jar.

Lab Enchants:

Gloves: Spite
Boots: Movement Speed, Life Regen, or Spell Dodge
Helm: Spirit Offering grants +12% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage OR 15% increased Effect of Curses applied by Bane

Leveling
------------------------
Spoiler
I highly recommend leveling with Summon Raging Spirits. It uses all of the same nodes and ascendancy passives that Summon Spiders uses, so the transition between them is very smooth.

Make sure to check the different trees at the bottom of POB, I have made multiple for before your 1st lab and then 1 for after you complete each lab. Continue to use SRS until you are able to afford an Arakaali's Fang and a Writhing Jar.

https://pastebin.com/LAUeCh3v

Some gems and when to get them:

Lvl 8: Buy SRS, Infernal Legion, and Minion Damage support.
Lvl 10: Get Clarity from quest reward, buy Vitality and Flame Dash
Lvl 12: Get Flesh Offering from quest reward
Lvl 16: Get Desecrate from quest reward
Lvl 18: Buy Melee Physical Damage, use with SRS for a 4 link, buy Minion Life, use with Zombies for a 4 link
Lvl 24: Get Purity of Elements from quest reward, buy Hatred from Clarissa
Lvl 34: Get Carrion Golem from quest reward

Get a Jade or Citrine amulet as soon as possible for Dexterity and Strength requirements.

In act 2 and 3 watch out for a Bone Spirit Shield. If you get one, sell it along with any life flask and an Orb of Transmutation. This will give you a life flaks that recovers life to your minions. Sell this life flask you just got with an Alteration Orb and a Magic helmet to get a helmet with +1 to Level of Socketed Minion Gems. Put your SRS setup in your helm.

Ascendancy order is Commander of Darkness, Mindless Aggression, Mistress of Sacrifice, and Bone Barrier.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439
Última edição por Inkira em 21 de jul de 2021 22:55:00
Último bump em 22 de ago de 2023 02:20:31
interesting! how does it work with the monolith? is it hard to wake them up? have u try endgame boss with this kinda gear yet?
"
greenlupo escreveu:
interesting! how does it work with the monolith? is it hard to wake them up? have u try endgame boss with this kinda gear yet?

Sometimes the spiders can get so aggressive they don't hit every single monster you want during a legion encounter, but that's just the nature of their aggression.

I haven't personally done Shaper or anything like that yet this league but this build is entirely capable of melting him. Others have done so already. This build is just a different take on what already works.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
Última edição por Inkira em 16 de jun de 2019 22:27:39
I've updated the thread a bit since posting and I'm going to work on gameplay videos very soon!
My guides:
Hey thanks for the well made guide,im gonna reroll and try this build, hopefully i can get far this league

Do you think you could add a more detailed leveling guide? like at what level to put some items and gems, or even the links you suggest for RS ? Thanks
Última edição por Damspy1 em 17 de jun de 2019 17:46:42
hi!

How well does this build handle legion content? Done any 4/5-way battles? Gonna run either this or ice golems, and was hoping to do some battles on a farily decent budget :)
"
jhrlund escreveu:
hi!

How well does this build handle legion content? Done any 4/5-way battles? Gonna run either this or ice golems, and was hoping to do some battles on a farily decent budget :)

I haven't done any legion fights yet aside from the monoliths while mapping so I can't comment on how it will work within the fight's particular mechanics but DPS is not an issue.

What I'm unsure of is how the minion AI will react, because spiders are VERY aggro, and sometimes they like to run off and hit some white mob on the edge of the screen and not the rare mob that you want them to hit. This may be a problem or it may not, I don't know yet.

"
Damspy1 escreveu:
Hey thanks for the well made guide,im gonna reroll and try this build, hopefully i can get far this league

Do you think you could add a more detailed leveling guide? like at what level to put some items and gems, or even the links you suggest for RS ? Thanks

I can add more leveling info sure, tho the section won't be extensive as this isn't a guide for new players, nor do you level with this build anyways, you switch to it at lvl 60, but yes I can add some more info.
My guides:
I updated the leveling section some as well as added a video section with my first video.
My guides:
"
Inkira escreveu:
I updated the leveling section some as well as added a video section with my first video.

Thank you so much for this :) im currently in the process of trying it, i have a fair bit of currency and wanted to give a summoner a try.
"
Damspy1 escreveu:
"
Inkira escreveu:

Thank you so much for this :) im currently in the process of trying it, i have a fair bit of currency and wanted to give a summoner a try.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me. :)
My guides:

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional