How do "Divine Orbs" really work?

Just a question because MCGusto used one on his Maraketh bow, the 5L with 210% IPD and got 211%IPD...

Now I know what it says, it says it randomizes the properties, but from what I've seen judging by the people who used them it always seems to enhance the properties of the item they use it on...

So my question is how do Divine Orbs really work? How was MCGusto even comfortable using a Divine on an already magnificent bow considering the risk of randomizing his IPD to say 20%...?

If anyone can further explain how Divine Orbs work please leave a comment.
Última edição por cdaburnab em 29 de abr de 2012 17:44:03
It works exactly as it says; there is no guarantee that the roll will improve your mods.

It randomizes the value, but it won't drop the mod to a lower version of itself. For instance, if you have a weapon with the Bloodthirsty prefix (+110-129% physical damage), it will only reroll within that prefix's range. Values outside that range belong to other affixes.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
WhiteBoy is correct. It re-rolls the value of the mod, so could be higher or lower but it CANNOT change which mod it is. Different mods of the same type are still different mods.

It can't replace the "Bloodthirsty" mod with the "Cruel" mod any more than it could replace it with the "of Skill" mod.
Última edição por Mark_GGG em 29 de abr de 2012 19:24:01
is there an easy way to find out the name of the mods for rare items? or do we just have to infer it based on the existing range the rare's mods would fit within.
Ok it seems I understand these things a bit more now by looking at the prefix item data section as far as percentage values go.

This is considered Cruel correct?

Indisponível

So now what I want to know is since there is no scaling after Cruel how do you get over 149% Increased Physical Damage on a weapon? I found a 180%, and I have a 157% weapon in my stash...there is no prefix after cruel so how could he comfortably use a Divine orb on it or are there higher values not shown atm on the prefix page?

Alguns itens neste post estão atualmente indisponíveis.
There is another mod that gives +damage and +accuracy. Since it's part of separate mod progression you can have both +damage and +damage/accuracy on one item.
Forum Sheriff
"
cdaburnab escreveu:
Ok it seems I understand these things a bit more now by looking at the prefix item data section as far as percentage values go.

This is considered Cruel correct?

Indisponível

So now what I want to know is since there is no scaling after Cruel how do you get over 149% Increased Physical Damage on a weapon? I found a 180%, and I have a 157% weapon in my stash...there is no prefix after cruel so how could he comfortably use a Divine orb on it or are there higher values not shown atm on the prefix page?

That's cruel, and maxed. You also had 6 mods. So that item can't be any better than that. (except if you divine and keep 149 but increase other mods)
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Ok guys thanks for explaining it for me. Now my question...is this worth using a Divine on considering its my end game bow atm?

Indisponível

From what I gathered my IPD can go from 110-129, the IAS can only go up 1-2% and can't go down any or break even...

Basically I'm risking 5% less IPD by using a Divine but odds are in my favor I'd make my weapon slightly better right?
Última edição por cdaburnab em 30 de abr de 2012 00:07:03
Bump, please respond to the above post^
"
cdaburnab escreveu:
Ok guys thanks for explaining it for me. Now my question...is this worth using a Divine on considering its my end game bow atm?

Indisponível

From what I gathered my IPD can go from 110-129, the IAS can only go up 1-2% and can't go down any or break even...

Basically I'm risking 5% less IPD by using a Divine but odds are in my favor I'd make my weapon slightly better right?
If you had a + to accuracy it could be two mods in one, but you don't. So yes, you are risking 5% lower for the reward of 14% higher. Not a huge boost, imo, but probably worth a divine.
IGN: TheHammer

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional