0.10.6b Patch Notes

Version 0.10.6b
  • Monsters no longer grant experience, flask charges and other on-kill benefits if they detonate themselves. This does not apply to Undying Incinerators that can explode when very low on life.
  • Improved automatic prize awarding in preparation for Season Two of our race leagues.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Última edição por Chris em 17 de abr de 2013 00:22:51
The purpose of this patch is to have what we need for the announcement of Race Season Two. Balance changes are coming in 0.10.7 (aimed at two days away from now).

Edit: I deleted 1-2 word replies to the patch notes - please don't spam "First", etc!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Última edição por Chris em 17 de abr de 2013 00:28:57
"
Maverickroll escreveu:
So, does this apply to mobs that have something cast on them like Exploding Arrow? Or is it for the "suicide" mobs? ala the red mobs in mervails area, the purple exploding guys in western forest etc?

Right, it's the "suicide" monsters. Western Forest is still a good race strategy but we're making other options attractive too by removing its free experience.
"
lepre84 escreveu:
Do they grant XP if killed before explosion?

Yes
"
rampagingrabbit escreveu:
Cool. Is season2 going to be any friendlier to the casual player? It seems most of the races take place during the day when I am at work and the americans (since it's night time there) can compete *sigh*

Yep! We're announcing details of it as soon as this patch deploys. Check the news page then!
"
ShaeG escreveu:
That sounds like the dumbest change I have ever heard in any games patch notes. Is there seriously so many exploding mobs that people are actively exploiting this and reaping tons of benefits?

Yes.

"
ShaeG escreveu:
How about fix people doing 70,000 DPS http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/273289

Our balance patch is being deployed on Friday, as I mentioned.
"
Uvne escreveu:
Have you considered what this does to melee builds at endgame? This is tantamount to an experience penalty for mob proximity in certain pack compositions, especially considering that there is an entire map mod devoted to the exploding squids. I worry that these attempts to adjust the race meta are being prioritized over the main game.

Yes, we definitely took that into account. The problem we're fixing was initially a bug, but I didn't want to describe it as "Fixed a bug" in the patch notes because we left it working for so long.

We're discussing options like having them award a percentage of their experience based on how much life they had left when they die (so if you almost finish them off, you get much of the exp).

Reportar Post do Fórum

Reportar Conta:

Tipo de Reporte

Informação Adicional